Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
cpina
cpina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Highlight and dictionary: any book or Kobo books?

Hi,

Tomorrow I'll probably buy a Kobo Glo. One quick question, here:
http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/nook...obo-touch.html

They say that "Has highlights and dictionary, but only for Kobo ebooks.". I'm sure that I've read that if I use the last firmware I could use the dictionary for any book, right?
What about the highglights? Any epub or only the Kobo ones?

Thanks!
cpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
tempest@de
Groupie
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Hanlin V3
So far I have read 5 sideloaded books and in all of them I could use both the dictionaries and the anotations, haven't tryed the highlights but I supose they work since the anotations work fine
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpina View Post
Hi,

Tomorrow I'll probably buy a Kobo Glo. One quick question, here:
http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/nook...obo-touch.html

They say that "Has highlights and dictionary, but only for Kobo ebooks.". I'm sure that I've read that if I use the last firmware I could use the dictionary for any book, right?
What about the highglights? Any epub or only the Kobo ones?

Thanks!
Highlight, dictionary and annotations work for me on sideloaded epub books. I seldom use a KEPUB book so not sure if there are many differences for the two formats in the handling of those features .
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
As the others have said, highlights, dictionary and annotations work for epub books. But, that wasn't the case for the first couple of firmware versions. There isn't a date on the review, but looking at the video in the review, that might be the original firmware version release on the Touch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote