Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #3946
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Hellmark
Rizla is well aware of this, and his post should be treated as Feature-Request for PRS+.
If the pdf is image-based per page then I think that word recognition for the dictionary might just be out of reach... OCR on images strikes me as a step too far even for our well-beloved PRS+ producers...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #3947
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
If the pdf is image-based per page then I think that word recognition for the dictionary might just be out of reach... OCR on images strikes me as a step too far even for our well-beloved PRS+ producers...
No, what I mean is that there is no way to bind a key to access the dictionary manually in such situations.

The Zork edition will do it to some extent as one can quick switch to another book which does call the dictionary. Still, I was very surprised that dictionary was not an available key bind so I wonder if it is not possible for some reason. Nearly everything else is bindable!

Last edited by Rizla; 11-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #3948
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariarb View Post
I have PRS 650 and installed the PRS+ 2.1. I've noticed that on many occasions when I'm not reading, the reader by itself does not place in standby mode and the battery is completely discharged. I inform this here because maybe this is it one reason why the battery discharged completely.

And...thanks Mark Nord for your answer.
This is probably not caused by Prs+, and more likely caused by a bad epub. I suggest you clean off all your books and reformat the reader in Settings. See if that fixes it.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #3949
m2tas
m2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-950, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Can please anyone with a PRS-950 and PRS+ and CLI enabled run the command "df", and report back the line starting /dev/mtdblock11, please?

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock11 199.8M 147.7M 52.1M 74% /opt1/dict

Last edited by m2tas; 11-19-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: run the command with -h option
m2tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #3950
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi and welcome at MR m2tas,

thank you for your response.
It is good to know, that the PRS-950 file-system offers the same amount of free space in opt1/dict as the 350/650. And so it's not only possible (as already found out by simply trying), but safe to put on RU-EN / EN-RU dictionaries.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #3951
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Picky question about how the Dictionary options to "Keep Selection after Dictionary" functions when set to off.

On my 350s, when I highlight a word, bring up the dictionary with a double tap on a word, and then close the smaller dictionary when it's still at the bottom (the short 3 line version, often enough to get the meaning) of the screen, the word remains highlighted.

If I expand the dictionary by clicking on the leftmost icon, and then close it from that full page screen, the words unhighlights as it should. Also if I close the bottom 3 line dictionary by clicking elsewhere on the screen (using the option to close menus by tapping on the screen outside of the menu), the word then also unhighlights there as it should.

It would seem that in the first case, tapping on the X to close the smaller 3 line dictionary should also unhighlight the word. Since I discovered tapping outside of the dictionary window will unhighlight the word, I'm happy with it, but was it intentionally done this way or just not working correctly on the 350s?

As did say it was a picky question!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #3952
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Picky question about how the Dictionary options to "Keep Selection after Dictionary" functions when set to off.

On my 350s, when I highlight a word, bring up the dictionary with a double tap on a word, and then close the smaller dictionary when it's still at the bottom (the short 3 line version, often enough to get the meaning) of the screen, the word remains highlighted.

If I expand the dictionary by clicking on the leftmost icon, and then close it from that full page screen, the words unhighlights as it should. Also if I close the bottom 3 line dictionary by clicking elsewhere on the screen (using the option to close menus by tapping on the screen outside of the menu), the word then also unhighlights there as it should.

It would seem that in the first case, tapping on the X to close the smaller 3 line dictionary should also unhighlight the word. Since I discovered tapping outside of the dictionary window will unhighlight the word, I'm happy with it, but was it intentionally done this way or just not working correctly on the 350s?

As did say it was a picky question!
That was intentional, I think.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #3953
m2tas
m2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enoughm2tas will become famous soon enough

Yesterday I used latest source to make new build for my 950, unfortunately it doesn’t work. I can’t select applications or settings, reader stays at home screen. Also, when I open book the reader doesn’t respond to zoom or option button. I didn’t try any earlier revision and installed back the old build I had.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #3954
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

m2tas
In Revision: 762bfe61df5c I messed with 950th main.xml and sizeOverlay.xml but couldn't test.

You can try to revert this files if you will take the hassle.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #3955
m2tas

Thanks, I will try it later today and report back.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #3956
m2tas

Made a build of revision 762bfe61df5c and it doesn’t work. Made a new build of revision bfe867f519ca and it does work. Reverted files main.xml and sizeOverlay.xml in revision 762bfe61df5c, still it doesn’t work. Reverted rest of the two files in 950 folder, problem persists. Is there some other file that is associated with 950 and may cause this problem?

Last edited by m2tas; 11-20-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #3957
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

I can only think of /script/addons1/Interface_x50.js,
which isn't needed without the changes in main.xml.

There is another approach if you can spare the time please:
create a folder /Beta/ in the root of IM
putting in a file "user.config" (template is user.config.650)

with just this two (4 with comments) lines in user.config
Code:
// what to log and what not, possible values are: all, trace, info, warn, error
config.defaultLogLevel = "trace";
// where to log
config.logFile = "/Data/prsp_script.log
and post prsp_script.log
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #3958
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2tas View Post
Yesterday I used latest source to make new build for my 950, unfortunately it doesn’t work. I can’t select applications or settings, reader stays at home screen. Also, when I open book the reader doesn’t respond to zoom or option button. I didn’t try any earlier revision and installed back the old build I had.
Could you please check if reverting main.xml alone fixes the problem.

PS
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/so...ad4dc0409d541b
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #3959
m2tas

Created a folder, put the config file in and installed revision 762bfe61df5c.
prsp_script.log:
Code:
2012-11-21 08:14:30.829 E core	Loading settings of KeyBindings
2012-11-21 08:14:30.848 E core	Loading settings of EpubUserStyle
2012-11-21 08:14:30.852 E core	Loading settings of LRFTextScale
2012-11-21 08:14:30.862 E core	Loading settings of Extra_CSS_x50
2012-11-21 08:14:30.871 E BookHistory	loadFromFile: not enough symbols
2012-11-21 08:14:31.668 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:31.709 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:44.786 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:47.202 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:47.359 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:47.364 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:48.136 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:48.160 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
2012-11-21 08:14:48.325 E addons	in handleEvent: invalid type
Deleted the log file in IM, reverted the main.xml and made a new build, problem remains and nothing new in log file.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #3960
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Code:
2012-11-21 08:14:30.871 E BookHistory	loadFromFile: not enough symbols
Seems we are hitting the wall with PRS+ even without running AUTORUN Apps

Kartu what do you think?

m2tas

You can try to run a beta-pack.
To build it run "ant build.beta" in the build folder.
Place resulting folder Beta in IM.

Next step remove some addons/core components like
/core1/core_zAbout.js
/addons3/ App related like Chess, FiveRows a.s.o.
/addons3/SaveNotepadData.js if you don't reley on the functionallity

disconnect form USB and see if this frees up enough symbols to enable PRS+