Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many hours do you spend reading on an average day?
Less than an hour 11 5.82%
1 hour 38 20.11%
2 hours 63 33.33%
3 hours 41 21.69%
4 hours 15 7.94%
5 or more hours 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #61
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Oh wait, I thought we were talking about reading books. For reading in general, I'd have to revise my numbers to 10 or so per day. Sparkle, did you mean books, or reading in general?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #62
bloodlover
Enthusiast
bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bloodlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I suppose the OP is referring to books and my answer is: it depends on the book. If I enjoy the book they I read the entire day (if I have time ofc) but if the book can't stick to me it might take a looong time to finish.

A good example would be reading Jane Eyre in 1 day and The Name of the Rose in three weeks...
bloodlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #63
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
I said 4.. that includes going down to the Park and sitting in my car with the heat on and reading for a hour or so.. anyone here do that?
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #64
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I'm totally addicted to reading with my KPW, iPad and Nexus.. can someone please help me? I also have GAS.. aka (gear aquiring syndrome)
Doug

Last edited by MrDoug; 11-25-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #65
MrDoug
Banned

Oh.. please excuse the spelling.. not very sharp here but good at reading.. LOL

Last edited by MrDoug; 11-25-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #66
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
On the AVERAGE about an hour a day, but really I read a lot on the weekends, probably 3 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday, but then maybe only 30 minutes a day during the week, usually in bed to send me to sleep.
I find it hard to sleep if I don't have a read first at night.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #67
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
On the AVERAGE about an hour a day, but really I read a lot on the weekends, probably 3 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday, but then maybe only 30 minutes a day during the week, usually in bed to send me to sleep.
I find it hard to sleep if I don't have a read first at night.
Yes. I could not sleep without some sort of reading material in my hands. Most recently ipad or Kindle PW.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #68
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Usually between 1 and 2 hours. I read to my daughter when I put her to bed - we just finished "Dot and Tot of Merryland". Then it's time for me to read for a while. That's about all the free time I have. Sometimes, I'll use text to speech on my kindle in addition.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 AM   #69
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Usually about an hour, that's about all the time I can spare. During weekends and holidays I will take more time though. It also depends on the book.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #70
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Two or three hours more depending on whether I go out, or if it's a really busy day.
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #71
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
About 8 or 10 yesterday.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #72
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Yes. I could not sleep without some sort of reading material in my hands. Most recently ipad or Kindle PW.
I'm looking to get a kobo glo soon, so the bedside lamp doesn't irritate my wife at night.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #73
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have to say, I read so much more since I got my first kindle. I had not read so much since adolescence. Then, when I started eborrowing, my reading went way up. I think it has to do with the availability of so many books at my fingertips and knowing I only have a small window before I have to return a book. Since eborrowing, I also buy considerably more ebooks, so it's a win-win all around.

Amazon's Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Bought suggestions have helped me discover so many awesome new titles, which is maybe why I am such an Amazon fangirl. Their shopping experience just rocks.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #74
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
I said 4.. that includes going down to the Park and sitting in my car with the heat on and reading for a hour or so.. anyone here do that?
Doug
Don't you think that's quite a waste, to have your car idling for 1 hour? Not to mention the unnecessary pollution. Cities like Vancouver have a no-idle policy, which I think should be more widely spread and enforced.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #75
xendula
eBookworm

^ I had the same thought. All of Germany has the no-idle policy.