Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
rileyjharms
rileyjharms began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2 with Kindle App
Please help!

Hi,

I have a Bible for the Kindle and I have recently noticed that there is an error in it. A hyperlink for a verse number goes across the entire verse instead of just the number and said number marking the verse is formatted incorrectly. It's nothing major, just a cosmetic blemish, but it's still driving me insane. So, I took the book and stripped it of DRM so I got a .mobi file. Oddly, I didn't have to convert from .azw to .mobi, but when I removed DRM it just showed up as a .mobi. Anyways, when I tried to convert to HTML or ePub my, calibre eats up all of my RAM and everything on my computer freezes. I'm guessing that it's because the .mobi file is a little over 7MB. I was hoping that there was someone who could help me out with this. Maybe I could send the file to them or something... Anyways, any aide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Riley
rileyjharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I had a large eBook like this once and I believe I closed everything that was running and left Calibre running overnight (or a time when I wasn't on my computer) to convert.

Also, you may have more responses, and someone who can help you more, if this was in the Conversion thread instead of Recipes.

By the way welcome to MobileRead.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You could also look at other tools such as mobiunpack.

Use that to explode the mobi, then edit it by hand, and finally remake a mobi (kindlegen maybe)?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion problem, help needed, mobi