Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
MisterBuggie
Enthusiast
MisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
IIRC, some people with branded Kobos (through FNAC I think... or maybe the Kobo With Benefits Special Offers) didn't have the Never option.
Not Fnac. Mine is Fnac, and it has always been set on never. (I can't remember if I originally had access to the power settings, but my KT has never powered itself down on its own)
MisterBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #17
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBuggie View Post
Not Fnac. Mine is Fnac, and it has always been set on never. (I can't remember if I originally had access to the power settings, but my KT has never powered itself down on its own)
Thanks.

I guess it makes more sense that it would be the special offers version if ads are shown on the power off screen.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #18
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I think it's the special offers version, as I have one and have no option for "never" on either setting, only 5 to 60 minutes.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #19
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
I've been on hols for just over a week. Not had to charge my KT yet. Must have used it for at least 50 hours. The battery sign shows 1/4 left. I have power down set to never and only power off if it freezes, a rare event. Auto sleep is set to 5 mins or whatever the minimum is.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote