Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #151
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@Vlad: Continuation

Did some experimenting again. Kept the Open_Base_dir as-is. This works like a charm without difficult things like mounting.

Fixed the downloading of files also again by changing the last line in fetch.php to:
Quote:
readfile($config['calibre_internal_directory'].$file);
I don't know where you use the setting $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] further but changed this one back to 'location' as this was the setting before experimenting.

Detailed view of a cover image still results in an error as described above.

Below you can find two images:

1 ) Error show when clicking on a cover thumbnail in order to see a larger version of the cover

2) Example of how fancybox messes with the book details.

Tried to include some screendumps directly from the PRS-T1, but the screendump feature only sees the background info and not the contents of the fancybox.

Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #152
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northguy View Post
@Vlad:

Sorry for the late reply. I was kind of busy with other stuff like work, family, etc
No problem, real life always comes first !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northguy View Post
I Tested the new version with your suggestions. On my Synology DS212+ (DSM 4.0-2198)

Open_Base_Dir:
Good suggestion. I removed my mount point and I can access the database outside the webroot without problems. I get a list of books and I can zoom into the metadata for details.

With respect to downloading I have less good results. My findings:
1) When requesting a list of books I get an overview with titles, accompanied with a cover photo on the left hand side.
2) When selecting the Photo to get a detailed view in the fancyapps I only get a window stating "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later".
3) When fetching a fancybox for the book details, the stylesheet is still not working properly. Text is flowing outside the fancebox.
4) When fetching a book in the way suggested by you the PRS-T1 downloads "fetch.php itself in stead of the book.
5) When fetching a book through a regular browser (IE9 on Win7) I download the proper title "bookname.epub" but the file has a 0kb file size.

It surprises me that you manage to download files with X-Sendfile, because (to my limited knowledge) this package is not included in the standard Apache webserver of the Synology.
1) So it's OK
2) Strange it really worked out of the box for me
3) I've not the problem on my Kobo, I'll check if there may be something fishy !
4) So I guess that Calibre library is outside the web directory. I had the same problem on my Kobo and added cops_use_url_rewriting for this. But I have not checked it on my NAS, I will test this weekend and report here.
5) That part is really strange, I really cannot reproduce your problem.

About X-Sendfile, I really don't know if my NAS uses it (there is no log available). But download works if I enable it.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #153
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Some news for Synology users.

I added a .htaccess to handle URL rewriting (if you enable cops_use_url_rewriting).

Enabling it (and adding the .htaccess) should fix downloading on Kobo browser.

@Northguy

Can you send me your config_local.php (assuming you didn't modify config_default.php) ?

By mail if possible.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #154
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@Vlad:

I've got COPS working with Synology and without any special adaptions. The key probably lies within the fact that I still used an older firmware version of DSM. My Synology was running DSM4.0 and this morning I installed the latest DSM 4.1-2647

As you can see in the release notes the php module of the Synology box was upgraded in DSM 4.1-2636 (see item 13).

This might explain why you got it working with X-sendfile and I could not get it to work.

So concluding:
1) Install DSM 4.1-2636 or higher
2) Use X-Sendfile
3) Add external path to Open_basedir
4) Add URL_Rewrite = 1
5) Add .htaccess for url rewriting

When I find the time I will update the Wiki. PS: Fancybox issues are independent from this. Is it somehow possible to resize larger cover images to a smaller size in order to have them fit the screen on the reader in stead of showing half of it?
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #155
vlad59
Addict

@Northguy
Thanks for taking the time to test.

I sent you a mail about your problems with all the popups (fancybox). Most of them come from bugs in Sony's browser IMHO. But I'll try to find a fix anyway.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #156
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Shubook on ipad

Hi, I am using cops on WAMP, latest version works great. I noticed that when i connected to the feed with shubook that I get the option to go back one step in every screen (upper left). The only place that this option is missing is when i go through Author, select B, select Author, then books are shown, without the option to go one step back.

When i use stanza this issue is not present.

Any ideas?

Last edited by maxjens; 11-07-2012 at 09:42 AM.
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #157
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@maxjens

Since when does Sanza and Shubook work on a Bebook Neo?

I have the same issue you described on an iPad.
Is this an issue with cops (love it!) or with Shubook?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #158
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, its on an ipad. On my bebook neo i cannot access feeds, only the index.php.

Where the issue lies is the question. Stanza doesn't show this behavior, so onecould asume that the problem then lies with shubook. The issue with stanza is that it only accepts non standard cops, so I do not know what creates the issue.

My assumption is that in all other screens the button is present, only not in that specific screen. So hopefully it is a small issue in cops. This is also the deepest tree in cops, all others stop one item earlier.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #159
vlad59
Addict

I really don't think the problem with Shubook comes from COPS as there's no link in the OPDS stream pointing to the previous page. I guess this link is built by Shubook.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #160
maxjens
Connoisseur

Thanks for the quick reply. I allready informed shubook about the issue, now i can add this bit of info. Thanks.

By the way, a great application.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #161
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My setup: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 (Debian) - Apache 2.2.6, PHP 5.3.1

My calibre library is in a directory OUTSIDE my web location.

Situation 1: Calibre library mounted as a directory inside web.
- Downloads via browser on windows PC work
- Downloads via browser on android tablet work
- Downloads via kindle browser open the file instead of downloading.

Situation 2: COPS config changed to full path of calibre library outside web.
- Downloads via browser on android tablet download fetch.php instead of the file
- Downloads via kindle browser work

Can anyone help with what I should be looking at to get this working on all devices - preferably using Situation 2.

Thanks
Jill
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #162
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
My setup: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 (Debian) - Apache 2.2.6, PHP 5.3.1

My calibre library is in a directory OUTSIDE my web location.

Situation 1: Calibre library mounted as a directory inside web.
- Downloads via browser on android tablet work
- Downloads via kindle browser open the file instead of downloading.
I don't have a kindle so I can't be sure but I'll try to update htaccess to force the download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
Situation 2: COPS config changed to full path of calibre library outside web.
- Downloads via browser on android tablet download fetch.php instead of the file
- Downloads via kindle browser work

Can anyone help with what I should be looking at to get this working on all devices - preferably using Situation 2.

Thanks
Jill
I spend a lot of time .... reading .... googling .... to finally find a small typo in fetch.php. It's fixed on github.

You can download the updated fetch.php there : https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops/master/fetch.php

Thanks taking the time to test.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #163
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was looking for a reply to my question from a while ago, but I couldn't find any replies. I read through this whole thread again, so please forgive me as I ask again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by micster View Post
... is there a way to add custom navigational sections? Like what if I wanted a category for all of my comics? I think I could achieve something close to that with a custom column in Calibre, but I'm not sure how that might work when creating an OPDS.

I think I read about someone achieving something like this by creating multiple Calibre databases (one for comics, magazines, books) and then creating separate OPDS catalogs for each. It would be nice to just have the single OPDS catalog and be able to add whatever sections you want though.
More specifically, can we add custom fields and have that metadata displayed in the web page? I'm thinking like Chaley's PHP+Apache web server. I'm pretty sure it reads the columns from Calibre including custom ones. For example, under the book details it list the Publisher and Publishing Date.

What if I wanted to include on the book details page some more information rather than just the current: Title, Authors, Tags, Series and Summary? For example there is this plugin I installed from Kiwidude called "Count Pages" that adds a custom column/field in your Calibre databse that has the page count for each book. I would like to add various custom columns to the books details web page.

Maybe a simple place where we can list all of the fields we want to read back for each book entry? Just getting the default ones like ISBN, Publisher, Language, etc. would be good for starters. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Mic
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #164
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I don't have a kindle so I can't be sure but I'll try to update htaccess to force the download.

I spend a lot of time .... reading .... googling .... to finally find a small typo in fetch.php. It's fixed on github.

You can download the updated fetch.php there : https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops/master/fetch.php

Thanks taking the time to test.
I spent some time messing around with this over the weekend, but the only way I was able to get browser downloads working on all 3 devices was to move my web stuff into the same folder as my library. No big deal and all working fine now.

I think the problem is that htaccess has to be set up via a bit of a workaround on the ReadyNAS - even when I finally thought I had everything sorted with web/library in different folders and no 'mount' being used, I was actually getting empty (but correctly named) files downloading on all devices.

There was a php error that kept popping up though. I have one .azw3 file in my library and I think the error related to the lack of an azw3 entry in the mimetypes array in data.php - adding an entry for it there has got rid of the error, but I don't know if there are any other effects of having made this addition.

Thanks for all your time and effort with this. Greatly appreciated.

Jill

Edit: Got the message below when I tried to download the .azw3 file to my kindle. Does this come from COPS somewhere?

"Web Browser cannot download this kind of file. Only files with the extension .AZW .PRC .MOBI, or .TXT can be downloaded to your Kindle."

I have a kindle 3 (keyboard) and 4 (non touch) and am able to download and read .azw3 files direct from Amazon on both, but wasn't sure where this message was coming from to know where to look for a solution.
Is a kindle browser restriction.

Last edited by jillmess; 11-12-2012 at 02:59 AM.
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #165
vlad59
Addict

@jillmess

Thanks for your tests.

@micster

To be honest, adding support of custom column/field is not very high on my todo list. So patch welcome .

On the contrary, I intend to add quickly some missing column (like language/publisher/isbn/...). I just have to finish updating the epub metadata first.

Publishing date (year for now) is already available.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology