Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Jon Westcot
Jon Westcot began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Wondering where I can find the "Alice in Wonderland" ePub used on the Sigil home page

Hi all:

Just wondering where I could find the ePub of "Alice in Wonderland" that is used in the images on the Sigil home page to illustrate how Sigil looks? I really like the way the chapter heading is formatted, but, without the CSS that goes with the HTML, I have no clue how this formatting legerdemain was accomplished.

I saw a mention of a "Library" forum that is reported to have a version of "Alice in Wonderland" but I don't know if this is the one used for the screen captures, nor can I find said forum.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon
Jon Westcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If you look a bit closer at the left side you can see the hint - it comes from Feedbooks.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Jon Westcot
Jon Westcot began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Kiwidude:

Thanks. Took me a moment or three to figure out what you meant by "look a bit closer at the left side," but, when I did, I followed the rabbit hole to Feedbooks and their free version of the book. Appreciate your assistance.
Jon Westcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Said forum is https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Westcot View Post
Kiwidude:

Thanks. Took me a moment or three to figure out what you meant by "look a bit closer at the left side," but, when I did, I followed the rabbit hole to Feedbooks and their free version of the book. Appreciate your assistance.
The Chapter Number styling gave me the clue before I found that reference made by Kiwidude

The first time I saw the was a 'How the heck do they do that and still scale?:
Learning experience time (AKA 'Reverse engineering')
Enter Sigil an CV (and the stylesheet). Turns out to be very simple

It is all about Borders and Padding, which up until then were always Zero
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-11-13_132613.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	96039
here is the sample code:
Code:
<h2><span class="chapterHeader"><span class="t">chapter</span> <span class="count">1</span></span></h2>
css:
Code:
.chapterHeader {
height:60px;
border-top-width: 1px;
border-right-width: 1px;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-top-style: solid;
border-right-style: solid;
border-bottom-style: solid;
border-left-style: solid;
border-top-color: black;
border-right-color: black;
border-bottom-color: black;
border-left-color: black;
display:block;
margin-bottom:20px;
background-color:#FFF;}
.t {
float:left;
font-weight: normal;
margin-top:38px;
margin-left: 0;
margin-bottom: 0px;
padding-right: 16px;
padding-left: 5px ;
padding-bottom: 0px;
padding-top: 0px;
font-size:26px;
background-color:#FFF;
font-family:"times new roman",sans-serif;}
.count {
line-height: 100%;
font-style:normal;
font-weight: normal;
text-transform:uppercase;
font-size:94px;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top:-14px;
margin-bottom: -20px;
float:left;
padding:0px;
background-color:#FFF;}
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Using "background-color" without a "color"? Not a good idea. What if I set my reader to "night mode" (white text on black background)?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote