Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #31
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
hawhill's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,186
Karma: 2116649
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Goettingen, Germany
Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
pirl8: I still have hope that they will deliver with an earlier version. Keeping my fingers crossed, I expect delivery on Nov. 22nd... (happy Thanksgiving for me, even though it's not a celebrated day over here)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #32
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 176
Karma: 216102
Join Date: Aug 2012
Device: Kindle Touch + Paperwhite + PW2 all jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab
Updating 5.20>5.30 from this thread successfully. Thanks!!!

Collections Manager not work - stands on the screen www.ixtab.tk...
(Kindlet JailBreak - 20121029).
Have you tried re-installing the Kindlet Jailbreak and developer certificates?
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #33
kaznelson
Zealot
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kaznelson's Avatar
 
Posts: 115
Karma: 751291
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Device: PW2, Voyage, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Have you tried re-installing the Kindlet Jailbreak and developer certificates?
Yep...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #34
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,857
Karma: 6314522
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Spreading the word

I did a little bit of spreading the word yesterday:
http://ilmk.wordpress.com/2012/11/08...erwhite-5-3-0/

Although that blogger reads like an employee of Amazon marketing, he did let my comments in past moderation.

Also, I have no reason to show any support for a locked consumer device on my own site:
http://minimodding.com/article18

Hmm....
Visitors can't read the comments (again), will have to go stir up the permissions system with a big stick (again).

Last edited by knc1; 11-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #35
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
ixtab's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,903
Karma: 6677557
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab
Updating 5.20>5.30 from this thread successfully. Thanks!!!

Collections Manager not work - stands on the screen www.ixtab.tk...
(Kindlet JailBreak - 20121029).
Please check the log file in /mnt/us/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log (or similar).

If these bastards decided to AGAIN obfuscate their classes differently with the new Firmware version, I will seriously consider NOT to develop anything for the Paperwhite. This is getting ridiculous, Amazon.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
NiLuJe's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,140
Karma: 5019843
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
Okay! Finished working/sandbox-testing, now I'm gonna need a real live guinea pig ;D.

You'll need to:

* Be on 5.2.0
* Be JailBroken
* Not be terribly upset if it fails and you end up on 5.3.0 without a JailBreak .

What to do:

* FIRST, Install the update package attached here.
* Then, install the official 5.3.0 update.

If all is well, you should still have the bare minimum after the update (ie. the jailbreak key).

(So far, I only tested this on 5.1.2 & 5.2.0. Another pair of eyes (eureka ) confirmed that it *should* work on 5.3.0, and turning my brain to mush looking at IDA made me pretty sure that the update process wouldn't kill it, so I'm pretty confident it works ).

EDIT: The file (update_jailbreak_bridge_1.7.N_install.bin) has moved to the full 1.7.N release of the JailBreak .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #37
kaznelson
Zealot
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kaznelson's Avatar
 
Posts: 115
Karma: 751291
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow
Device: PW2, Voyage, Kobo H2O
ixtab
/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/11/2012 17:08] Collections Manager (v. 2.0.0)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.kindle.content.catalog.b: method GXA(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/amazon/kindle/content/catalog/g; not found
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.PredicateFactoryAdapter520.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.PredicateFactory.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.sync.LegacyImporter.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.actions.LegacyImporterAction.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.addMenu(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.CollectionManager520.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.AdapterConfiguration520.getCollectionManager(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.initUiAfterSplash(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #38
Vegastar
Junior Member
Vegastar began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2012
Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay! Finished working/sandbox-testing, now I'm gonna need a real live guinea pig ;D.

You'll need to:

* Be on 5.2.0
* Be JailBroken
* Not be terribly upset if it fails and you end up on 5.3.0 without a JailBreak .

What to do:

* FIRST, Install the update package attached here.
* Then, install the official 5.3.0 update.

If all is well, you should still have the bare minimum after the update (ie. the jailbreak key).

(So far, I only tested this on 5.1.2 & 5.2.0. Another pair of eyes (eureka ) confirmed that it *should* work on 5.3.0, and turning my brain to mush looking at IDA made me pretty sure that the update process wouldn't kill it, so I'm pretty confident it works ).
Been lurking around here for a bit. I'm only using he paperwhite jailbreak for custom screensavers anyway, so I'll be your guinea pig. Will edit in a few moments with results.

EDIT: NiLuJe, you're a friggin' saint. It's booting after the update, I got the **JAILBREAK** along the bottom of the tree. I think you pulled it off!

Settings says I'm on 5.30. I'm not sure how much more confirmation I can give you from here, but it appears to have worked fine.

Last edited by Vegastar; 11-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
NiLuJe's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,140
Karma: 5019843
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@Vegastar: w00t!

Thanks for testing this .

A simple test would be to try to reinstall the screensavers hack, but if you saw the jailbreak message, all should be well .
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
Vegastar
Junior Member
Vegastar began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2012
Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Vegastar: w00t!

Thanks for testing this .

A simple test would be to try to reinstall the screensavers hack, but if you saw the jailbreak message, all should be well .
Just installed USBnet fine, so it's golden. I wasn't sure if linkss would play nice with this huge update, no sense in taking too many risks off the bat. If it'll play nicely, I'll throw that on too.
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #41
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
NiLuJe's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,140
Karma: 5019843
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@Vegastar: It should be somewhat tamer than USBNet, so I don't think it's likely to cause trouble .

In the event that it does, it starts after USBNet, so you should be able to fix it with usbnet in auto mode. (That said, the timing of the boot process hasn't changed in 5.3.0, and the screensavers stuff is pretty simple at its core, so, again, I'm pretty sure it should work ).
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
ixtab's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,903
Karma: 6677557
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab
/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/11/2012 17:08] Collections Manager (v. 2.0.0)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.kindle.content.catalog.b: method GXA(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/amazon/kindle/content/catalog/g; not found
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.PredicateFactoryAdapter520.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.PredicateFactory.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.sync.LegacyImporter.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.actions.LegacyImporterAction.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.addMenu(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.CollectionManager520.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.AdapterConfiguration520.getCollectionManager(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.initUiAfterSplash(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely f*cking fantastic. Great job, Amazon. These idiots have really re-obfuscated the entire framework, so that all method (and possibly class) names have changed AGAIN.

Sorry for the rude language, but I'm totally pissed off.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #43
Vegastar
Junior Member
Vegastar began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2012
Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Vegastar: It should be somewhat tamer than USBNet, so I don't think it's likely to cause trouble .

In the event that it does, it starts after USBNet, so you should be able to fix it with usbnet in auto mode. (That said, the timing of the boot process hasn't changed in 5.3.0, and the screensavers stuff is pretty simple at its core, so, again, I'm pretty sure it should work ).
It appears to have worked fine as well. I guess I was just being overly paranoid :P Oddly enough, it even still saved all my old screensavers in the directory after reinstalling the hack. Cool!

Nice work, guys!
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #44
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
NiLuJe's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,140
Karma: 5019843
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris, France
Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@Vegastar: Yeah, fortunately enough, the update lets you keep your books . (And the SS hack installer always tries to preserve user content during an install ).
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #45
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
geekmaster's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,070
Karma: 6789001
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Щедрость не имеет пределов.
Device: *.*
(Deleted obsolete post caused by browser cache edit box problems. See next post.)

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-09-2012 at 02:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kindle Paperwhite Update Version 5.3.0 joehunt Amazon Kindle 115 11-30-2012 04:32 PM
5.3 Update for Paperwhite -- will it interfere with the jailbreak? sparrowlight Kindle Developer's Corner 159 11-19-2012 09:11 AM
Paperwhite Update Coming One of These Days? copyrite Amazon Kindle 13 11-05-2012 02:56 PM
Paperwhite Shipping Update? nobylspoon Amazon Kindle 454 10-26-2012 10:56 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.