Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Kyris
Kyris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
best converstion software for complex PDFs to AZW?

Long story short, I have a metric fuckton of PDFs were every page has 20+ different tables, headers, images, ect. Namely, RPG books. I was told calibre is the best software for ebook managing, but it just ruins the PDFs. All I want is it to be an azw file, while keeping all the pages together. I dont care too much about the size, since I can just zoom and the native size isn't too hard to read anyway.
Kyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Forget about it. There is no conversion program that can handle that. You either do OCR and then recreate the book or you just convert the pdf to images and combined that as a book.
Pdf is the worst format to start from. These kind of books are even worse.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Kyris
Kyris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Well fuck me, then. Do you know if there is at least an app on kindle that has the features I need, namely I want to be able to do everything I can do if it were a MOBI or AZW? by that, I mean a table of contents, a "go to page" whatever button, and bookmarks.
Kyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Doesn't the Fire support PDF?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote