Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #16
kmaree0205
kmaree0205 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I left it for a while and ended up on the set language page... doing the same thing...

I have never got books from a dodgy site, so I dont believe that is the case... and I cant update to the 2.1.5 because well, I cant. It wont let me through....
Any more tips? please help!!
kmaree0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #17
kmaree0205
kmaree0205 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
How many books are on your SD card?

If you try to load a poorly formatted book the reader will quit processing books into it's database. This could be your problem. When loading boos from questionable sources only load 10, 20, 100 what your comfortable with removing then loading one at a time to find problem book. Some more savvy can look at data base to find last book loaded which the book causing reader to stop working.

How did you update your reader's firmware to 1.9.14? Only update with software update that loads during sync with Kobo servers. For Readers bought in Australia it is 2 step precess first to 1.9.14 then another sync to upload and install 2.1.5 Version 2.1.5 is much better and trouble free for me.

Are you using book shelves? How many shelves? How many books on each shelf? How many books on shelves total?
The last book I loaded was one that I got via wifi from the Kobo store, when I was downloading that the update started and finished and from there its gone downhill...
I am using book shelves... I think around 6-8 and no more than 10 on each...

Any ideas?
kmaree0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I had a problem with my Touch a few weeks ago, where I had to factory reset (holding down slider for 10-20 seconds to make sure it's off; press and hold home button while sliding slider once to switch on; let go of home button when white disco LED flashes). The first million attempts did not work. Most often I got the dancing squares that would go on forever (more than 20 minutes), but they should only last for a couple of cycles.

My point is, after three or four hours (!) of constant resetting, it finally worked. So don't give up! Just keep trying. Apparently not all factory resets are fully "factory" for some reason.

EDIT: If you do try the constant resetting game, make sure your battery stays charged, so have it plugged in for most attempts. Also, to speed it along, you can set a maximum number of minutes of square dancing allowed. Say, 5 minutes square dancing equals another reset! There's no point in waiting any longer. Good luck!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 10-29-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote