Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #21646
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Phoneix Mountain Oolong. Cleaning up my temporary desk to day. So there will be no tea tomorrow but that is ok.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #21647
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dunkin Donuts Iced Mocha!!!! Just opened first store in town, this week!

By by paycheck and waist line... its only 0.97 mile walk!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #21648
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Dunkin Donuts Iced Mocha!!!! Just opened first store in town, this week!

By by paycheck and waist line... its only 0.97 mile walk!
Well yeah, but at least it *IS* nearly a mile. That's a good start, for exercising!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #21649
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
So two miles total. A good amount of exercise but probably not equal to the number of calories you will take in.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #21650
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Last of my morning coffee and noticing that it is getting warmer and warmer outside. Time to switch to bottled water for today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #21651
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, dreams, that is a worry I don't have.

Finished my second steep of Anniversary Breakfast Blend, switching to Pride of East Lansing for the rest of the day I think.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #21652
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I was just wearing sweaters last week and turned the heater on. Today it is suppose to be mid 90sF, but possibly rain next week. I hate when the weather can't decide what season it is.

Decided to make more coffee for my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #21653
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
So two miles total. A good amount of exercise but probably not equal to the number of calories you will take in.
2 miles is nothing for me. I have gone on 5-10 mile walks just to pass the time. So yea... probably did not burn any calories. Maybe if I sprint all the way there and back...
Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #21654
auntiem
Enthusiast
auntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enough

Device: nexus 7
A cup of "Oh Canada" Tea. Caffeine free rooibos tea with maple in it.
auntiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #21655
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A grey and miserable day, plus one of the dogs is sick and was up 5 times during the night. Sigh. I think I need something a bit special to perk me up. A mug of Okayti Estate First Flush Darjeeling should do nicely.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #21656
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiem View Post
Ah, delightful. We do love to put maple in just about everything, don't we?

Welcome to the Mobileread Tea House, where we drink our beverage of choice and natter away about nothing in particular, and most things in general.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #21657
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
And I awoke today and found the frost perched on the town
It hovered in a frozen sky and gobbled summer down
When the sun turns traitor cold
And shivering trees are standing in a naked row
I get the urge for going but I never seem to go
And I get the urge for going when the meadow grass is turning brown
Summertime is falling down winter's closing in
I had a girl in summertime with summer colored skin
And not another man in town my darling's heart could win
But when the leaves fell trembling down
And bully winds did rub their face down in the snow
She got the urge for going I had to let her go
She got the urge for going when the meadow grass was turning brown
And summertime was falling down and winters closing in

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Vk9QFRvVQQ0 )

Good morning, everyone! Chilly winds blowing outside my window today! Sunny skies. Good day for a long walk up a steep hill looking for red leaves around old temples. But first, a big mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea and a bowl of rice, olives and babbaganoush. I've got my new memory card to break test out, before my trip to the coast. Can I really shoot 940 photos today?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Dunkin Donuts Iced Mocha!!!! Just opened first store in town, this week! By by paycheck and waist line... its only 0.97 mile walk!
Double your Kata every day. That should do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
So there will be no tea tomorrow but that is ok.
Prof... a day without tea is like a fish without a bicycle. It just won't do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I hate when the weather can't decide what season it is.
Japan seems to have made up her mind. I had to close all the vents on my riding jacket and bring out my heavier gloves! Another week or two and I'll have to zip in the jacket's liner!

Quote:
Odd... I thought that would be Moleson, Moosehead, or Labatt. Oh well, what do I know? Welcome to the Drinking room!

Time for a second cup of English Breakfast tea, then it's off to play!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #21658
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Sounds great, maple syrup tastes good in anything!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #21659
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Pretty funny. And Pride of East Lansing?! Then you must drink it with milk, surely.

Spoiler:
East Lansing is the home of Michigan State University, known to one and all Michiganders who are NOT students or alumnae of the school as "Moo U" or sometimes "Cow College" because it is the last of the Agricultural Land Grant Colleges in the state and still has an excellent Department of Agriculture and issues B.Sc in Agriculture degrees.
And ALL the milk you wanted in the dorm cafeterias! Prety sure it wasn't skim or 2% too, because I put on 15 lbs. in my first term there - went from 150 to 165. I'll never see that again.

I was in the center of the campus, straight north of the chimney that had M A C in big brick letters facing us.

Last edited by pholy; 10-18-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added details to lend artistic verisimilitude...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #21660
VydorScope
Wizard

So was talking to one of my fellow Karate students and he was telling a story about some one that tried to robe him. Now, it is important you know this guy walks with a cane and has very limited use of his legs. His feet drag when he walks. Nice but obviously a "soft target" for the predators out there.

Well this robber got more then he bargained for as the disabled karate student quickly put him in a Z-Lock, and when the robber tried to resist got his arm broken.

So now the robber is getting 40 years (third offense of robbing disabled folk) in jail, and will have to explain to his cell mates how a disabled fellow broke his arm.

Sometimes things work out just right....

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?