Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
AustinTim
AustinTim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Austin Statesman recipe

Anyone else having trouble with the Statesman recipe today?
Seems they might have changed the News feed secion... I get articles in the TOC but no body of the article.

used to work but broken today: http://www.statesman.com/section-rss.do?source=news

working: http://www.statesman.com/section-rss.do?source=local

Although it seems that any article that goes to a "Blog" post only has the title show up.. true for both feeds...
AustinTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
AustinTim

Kovid,
thank you!

Being somewhat new around "here" I'm not sure what that means. Will it get pulled into Calibre when I restart it? Or only when there's a new release of Calibre?

Or did you post the python somewhere?

Just curious,
-Tim
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTim View Post
Kovid,
thank you!

Being somewhat new around "here" I'm not sure what that means. Will it get pulled into Calibre when I restart it? Or only when there's a new release of Calibre?

Or did you post the python somewhere?

Just curious,
-Tim
It will work when you run the recipe. You don't have to do anything. All builtin recipes check online when they run, and if they've been updated, the updated code runs first.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
AustinTim

That's a pretty cool feature... well done!

One last question though. If I pull that into my custom news feed and go to the advanced tab will I get the new code?

thanks,
-tim
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
AustinTim

Damn, news sites why do they have to keep changing things...

The AAS changed their rss feeds a few weeks ago... now the link I get when I try their rss feeds gets me the headlines but not the articles. Can someone help me please?

The new RSS link is
http://www.statesman.com/list/rss-mo...ws.medleystory

please let me know how to customize/change the python script to reflect the new changes.

Thanks in advance,
-Tim

Tags
news, receipe