Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
The Singapore Public Library is no longer available to non-residents.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Assorted Nooks
Removed post. Harry had already said what I was about to, but I didn't see it.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I found this great list a few days ago:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...ing-overdrive/

(see article for links)
Quote:
If there aren’t any options where you live, there a few libraries that offer cards to out-of-state residents for an annual fee.

Libraries that offer library cards for non-residents

The Brooklyn Public Library has a wide selection of ebooks, however library cards for non-residents will set you back $50 a year.

The Free Library of Philadelphia is another option. They offer library cards to non-residents for $35 a year.

The Fairfax County Library in Virginia offers a library card to non-residents for $27 a year.

The Houston Public Library in Texas offers a library card to non-residents for $20 for six months or $40 a year.

Another option is the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library in North Carolina. They offer library cards to non-residents for $45 per year, $35 for adults 62 years and older.

The Monroe County Library in New York offers cards to non-residents for $45 per year.

More libraries with non-resident cards can be found here »

The libraries above all have a decent selection of titles to choose from, but make sure they have what you’re looking for and double-check to see how long the wait is before shelling out any dough.

Last edited by xendula; 10-04-2012 at 12:45 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
I believe that with most of these you have to physically visit the library to register.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #20
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe that with most of these you have to physically visit the library to register.
I checked the first three quoted by xendula, and it appears you don't have to visit the library (everything can be done online, but if you like, you can apply in person).

YMMV
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #21
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
I can't speak for the other ones, but The Free Library of Philadelphia allows you to do everything online. Additionally, if you are a veteran or active duty, there is no charge, which is how I got it. I believe there are other options to get it free of charge as well, but I don't recall so I would check first.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote