Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
B.K. Wright
Groupie
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile LeatherWings

Handsome Carter Ellis seems to have it all: a loving home, a very “out” and over-the-top Uncle, and more money than an internet titan. He also has a few secrets. Carter's struggles, including his crush on the hot daddy next door, Ashford Tanner, are minor, however, compared to the hidden worlds that have been surrounding him his entire life. The secrets begin to give way when Carter learns that Ash and his young ward, Ty, are Vampires, creatures of the night who are working against an evil Vampiress and her honey sweet human "Renfrew" who is determined to help her employer take over the world, one bite at a time if need be!

While pining for Ash (and reeling at the news that the object of his lust is among the undead!), young Carter diverts himself with work, a hot fling (who has a dark and a little smelly secret of his own) as well as his usual bickering banter with hot-as-a-Marine-in-a-jockstrap Ty. Thrown together to defend themselves against forces of the dark, Carter and Ty discover they have more in common than they realized, a long simmering attraction that had been hidden beneath a veneer of jealousy and hate.

Excerpt:
Here I am, a walking hormone, and next door is this quiet, handsome MAN. So I took to wearing the smallest Speedo suit I could find while making certain that the hedges and fence between the two estates were trimmed back juuuustt enough for me to be seen by the neighbor. It never occurred to me that I did not see him in the light of day.

Ashford Connor appeared to be in his late forties and looked like a movie star of that same era. His lean, athletic torso was clothed in a pair of neatly pressed khaki pants, a light pink Ralph Lauren polo shirt stretched over his muscular chest. His often unruly shock of thick auburn hair had been combed into submission, piercing blue eyes shielded by a pair of steel rim glasses which I knew were only for show. I smiled down at Ash while reaching into the coffin to pluck a pair of ear buds from his head.

“Thank Jupiter for the New York Times,” the handsome man in the casket said with a broad smile.

“Uh huh. I’m sure it wasn’t some trashy novel,” I returned, with a trace of sarcasm. I went about picking up the electronic reader that had been resting on his chest as if nothing were unusual. Modern life had made some parts of being undead easier. Turning the device off, I smoothed a hand back under the bier and depressed another button, this one smoothly lowering the side of the coffin, the side panel silently sliding down and slipping under the custom designed tube as Ash swung his legs out and pushed himself up out of the casket. As soon as he was up, I tucked the reading device along with the ear buds back into a sleeve on the inside of the lid, plugging it in to charge. Ash was worse than a kid with a comic book when it came to lights out.

Ty did a lot of things in my world: annoyed me, angered me, pushed my buttons, creeped me out (I had seen him feed. Shudder inducing, to say the least), bugged me, was a thorn in my side, but he DID NOT scare me. Oh, there were times he would make insinuations about what he could DO to me, yet no matter how Nosferatu he went on me, I just was not afraid of him. For one thing, he was too freaking cute to be afraid of. I am sorry to say that he also got me hot. As much as I disliked his SO MANY bad qualities, he was one sexy vampire.

LeatherWings is fast paced, humor laced, over-the-top, and one of James Brock’s finest works. Schemes mix with blood, gore, vampires, and lots of explicit gay sex in this action packed novel.

Available from the Apple iBookstores, B&N, Bookstrand, Rainbow ebooks, 1Place for Romance, All Romance ebooks, and Coffeetime Romance. Coming soon to Amazon in ebook form as well as in print.
B.K. Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #62
B.K. Wright
Groupie
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile The Wild Boys

Introduction:
Jake’s body is as cold as ice when Dusty finds him struggling to stay alive. He takes him to his camp, pulls him close, and soon the young body begins to stir. The young man turns toward the warmth and snuggles close, opens his eyes to see Dusty’s peaceful face, and feels the touch of naked skin to skin. In shock, he jumps back, stands, and trips in the tangled blanket. Dusty is up lightening quick, the sun placing his nude body in perfect silhouette. He soon learns that the young cowboy he saved from a sure death is in more trouble than even he knows, daring to cross one of the roughest gangs in the Southwest. Dusty knows the gang well. They take no prisoners. They took his friend, his lover, his soul mate years ago, and now they are after Jake. The young cowboy stirs up old feelings, good and bad, from Dusty’s past, a past he has come here to put behind him once and for all. But can he save Jake from the lawless, or will he lose another cowboy?

Excerpt:
“If it feels right, it’s right. Don’t’ you get it? That’s just the way it is.”

Jake roughly grabs Dusty and pulls him in, body to body. “Does this feel right?”

Dusty grabs him back face to face. “It could.”

Jake breathes in scared and elated all at once. Dusty kisses him hard, slamming him back into a tree. The young man seems lost at first, but then forcefully kisses back.

A twig snaps and Dusty draws his gun as Misty walks into the moonlight, scaring Jake.

“How long have you been there, girl?”

“Long enough to get an eyeful of you two.”

“Come on, Jake.” Dusty holsters his gun and grabs the young man’s arm.

“Wait, I don’t care. I’ve seen worse. You two can come up to my room and nobody will know.”

Jake is mesmerized, not having felt this way before. “You are the best thing that has happened to me.”

Dusty turns and looks back at Jake’s innocent eyes, and his stern features soften. “It’s been a long time.”

Chad turns to creep to safety and another bullet comes from the house splashing in the mud by his feet. Unsure of which way to go, he stops and a strong hand palming a hunting knife comes to his throat stopping him.

“I guess you don’t like it when somebody takes you from behind,” Dusty meanly says in Chad’s ear.

“No, wait! I ain’t done you no harm.” He turns his head far enough to see Dusty.

“That’s a lie. You’ve had this coming since what you did to Jimmy at the cabin.”

Chad’s eyes widen in sudden recognition. “It can’t be you…you burned… years ago.”

“The Wild Boys”, a cowboy/western by David Sharp, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Amazon, Sony, B&N, Rainbow ebooks, Bookstrand, 1 Place for Romance, All Romance ebooks, and Coffeetime Romance. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Nightvine

Nightvine is an amuse bouche of short, dark stories including the tale of an elderly woman who goes shopping for cat food, an Army Company with a rash of AWOL’s, and the story of a nurse who shares a plant with special patients. These pieces are for fans of the macabre in this homage to The Twilight Zone, Tales of the Crypt, Night Gallery and the work of Charles Addams. The stories in this collection are for lovers of horror and horror surprise, every day people in situations that do not always have an every day ending.

Excerpts:

Numerous stories are included in “Nightvine.” Following are excerpts from two of them.

“The Pride of Vera Lake”:
Today Vera was forced to leave the house. A winter storm had raged for almost a week, knocking out power and snowing everyone in. She wasn’t so concerned for herself, but the cats needed food. They were so hungry. How Herbert had loved those cats! They were such a comfort now that he was no longer there to watch over her.

[edited for brevity - MODERATOR]

“Bravo Company”:
Under the window behind Sergeant Bloch was a table. At first Peter thought the table had been covered with a dark cloth, but as his eyes adjusted he could see that the table was actually covered with a mound of dirt. The earth had been carefully molded into a miniature complete with tunnels and miniature roadways, small plastic jeeps, tanks and GI figures made of molded green plastic like Peter had played with as a kid.

“Do you know where Arnie is?”

“When a soldier doesn’t obey the rules, he not only makes it hard on himself but on everyone else in the Company,” Bloch began.

Peter started to speak when Bloch held up his hand.

“Let me finish.” Stepping over to the table, Bloch reached down and began to aimlessly roll one of the small jeeps back and forth over the rutted roadway tracks. Leave it to stern and creepy Bloch to still be playing with Army men while actually in the Army, Peter thought.

“So that soldier needs reeducation, needs to get back to basics. He needs to learn to respect authority and discipline.”

“Cut the crap, Bloch. Where’s Arnie?” Peter said as he stepped to the table and grabbed the Sergeant’s arm.

“I believe we can all be good soldiers, Corporal Jenkins. Here.” Bloch picked up one of the tiny figures on the hillside of dirt and handed it to Peter. “Go on, look at it.” Peter stared at the tiny figure in his hand while Bloch lifted something else from the table.

Opening his palm, Peter looked at the piece of plastic colored Army green. It was just like any of the hundreds he had lost or melted in the sun with a magnifying glass. Closing his fingers around the toy, he lifted his arm to slam it back against Bloch’s chest but was stopped by the Sergeant shooting his hand out and grabbing Peter’s wrist, holding it tightly.

“Say,” he began in a low, harsh voice, “this private had a problem with drugs and I was his Commander. I would have to discipline him, make him know who was in charge.” Bloch’s voice dropped even lower as he stepped closer to Peter. “I suggest you take a close look before you throw him.”

Nightvine, a collection of deliciously dark stories by James Brock, is available in the Apple iBookstores, B&N, Amazon, Bookstrand, OmniLit and Sony Reader Store.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-17-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #64
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Dark Lands

Dark Lands is a collection of stories including a supernatural tale of disease and revenge; a story of runaways leaving suburbia behind to find the terrors of twisted street kids in the Montrose; a story of a hitcher who takes a ride with some coeds into the woods and discovers the secrets of pleasure and pain; the tale of a feral boy who roams the back roads and is hunted by another; and the story of three goth teenagers opening the gates of hell with dark rites.

Excerpt:
The doubts whirl again. All the others, was he sure? Had there been another moment of weakness or drunkenness when he wasn’t safe? No, it was Dean. He had met him when he first came out after the increasingly prohibitive straight world. It was freedom and he would have done anything for him. Now all he had was fading memories and a new found aversion towards sex. Daniel leans in closer to his reflection, the anger igniting within.

“Unacceptable.”

His jittery hands explore his complexion looking for more faults. The three day old damp shirt comes off and there is an as yet unexplained rash. The faucet is turned on and Daniel splashes cool water on his face roughly trying to make it go away. He opens the medicine cabinet and sees all the pill bottles glaring back: AZT, Videx, Viramune, Bactrim and so on, just too many. Daniel slams it back shut and pills of different sizes rattle inside the closed space.

In the other room a quilt panel lies innocuous amidst the debris. Hand stitched, it has a jagged rainbow over a roughly sewn intersection representing the ‘gay-boyhood’. Montrose and Westheimer street signs are prominent, showing this as the Houston scene. Daniel stares at it and feels a cold hatred. Is this what it all comes to, being a piece of cloth in a tapestry of disease?

In the antiquated bedroom, Max and Sandy are getting hot and heavy on the freshly stripped bed. Max is bare chested and Sandy sits on top in a pullover shirt.

Sandy reaches down, “all the trouble to get away from this place and you bring me back here.”

“Ugh,” Max reels from her deft touch. “I always thought you were so hot.”

Why do I always find the confused ones?

Darrin walks out of the lake feeling self conscious of his nakedness. Sandy lies basking on a large rock with her eyes closed to the world at large. He dries off with a towel from the heap of scattered belongings and clothes, setting aside a black bra. He wants to say something to Sandy but cannot find the words since they have been failing him more and more lately. He admires the beauty of her breasts that slowly rise and fall with her steady breaths and wonders what is wrong with him. He wraps the towel around his torso and sits on the edge of her rock in time to see Daniel walk forward dripping wet and rough. A word is not spoken between them but in the moment Darrin half smiles and the favor is returned. Copping a look at Sandy, he returns his gaze to see Daniel pull his pants on commando style and with clothes bundled under an arm walk away along the path into the woods. Darrin exhales sharply and leans back, closing his eyes in the warmth of the day.

Bird sounds faintly echo across the lake and the sound of falling water is softer with distance. Alice takes in the soothing nature realizing that Max is gone. Turning this way and that, she cannot see him below the surface for the reflection of the sky. A different fear grips her, the fear of being watched by unseen eyes from the surrounding woods. Shivering, she knows they are not alone. Max playfully comes up from behind, startling her.

“Max, you scared me.”

“You are so cute, baby.”

“I saw something,” Alice says as she scans the trees.

“What did you see?” Max looks around trying not to catch her paranoia.

“Somebody is watching us.”

“It’s nothing…”

“There is,” Alice continues in a lower voice, “something out there.”

Max feels a little spooked. “Come on, let’s go back.”

Branches on the far shoreline move a little. Someone watches them, following them in the darkness of the trees. The pine needles are soft and soundless underfoot and there is an uneasy quiet in the air. The sun, low in the sky, shines a fiery amber as the day grows late.

“Dark Lands,” a collection of supernatural and dark fiction by David Sharp, is available in the Apple iBookstores, B&N, Sony, Bookstrand, OmniLit, and coming soon to Amazon. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #65
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Where the Road Roams

Unjustly sent to rehab by his father, Dean is now out and he begins his search for the brother he left behind, the brother he tried to protect. A silver key holds the truth and a tattoo is the calling card of those to avoid, but both will lead him back to his brother. Facing his fears along the way, as well as facing those he knows he cannot trust, Dean wonders if he will ever find the way back to his past and to the brother he tried hard to protect from the same man who sent him away. If only he knew what happened to his brother. He will find him and make things right, one way or another.

Excerpt:
Night descends on the Montrose. It is steamy and humid from the afternoon rain and sun. The streets change as different denizens come out of the woodwork. Rounding off Taft to turn left on Westheimer, Dean hesitantly passes a transsexual prostitute.

“Hey, Cutie.”

The imploring comment gives him the creeps. Ignoring it, he picks up his pace trying not to notice her manly self that is stuffed into a size six faux leather tube dress. A car pulls up to the curb and the heels click over to the driver’s side. At that moment a truck drives by with a couple of drunken rednecks. One of them yells, “Count your money and get in the car!” Dean is unsure whether to laugh or walk faster.

The parking lot is littered and grimy. Moisture glistens with a dull sheen off of the cement walls of the structure. Bulbs slowly chase around a marquee of upcoming shows. Seeing the short line to get in, Dean checks himself out. Pants dryer but passable, he runs his hand through his hair in an attempt to fix. Silently he stands at the end while Goth kids in front whisper. Nerves feeling jangled, the line inches closer. Long plastic flaps hang down in the doorway like a meat locker. The pale black clad teens disappear inside. Dean reaches out parting a way and the black interior engulfs him. A counter is walled in to the left with a black velvet rope and stanchions cutting a path.

“Six dollars,” an older once bleached blonde door guy demands monotone. Dean digs out a five and a one and is banded by a long hair goateed hippy type. Dean pulls his arm away and follows the bendy wall into the club. Lasers and flashing strobes go with the beat of the 80’s retro new wave blaring over the crowd. Punks, Goths, skinheads of all sorts commingle in a straight / gay whatever type environment. Scanning for Mark almost makes him feel epileptic and he averts his eyes from others that seek him out.

“Look, I just want to find Mark.”

“He left because of you.”

“No…he left because of our father.”

Matt introspects, “He didn’t mention him much.”

“I suppose he wouldn’t.”

“Maybe he doesn’t want to see you.”

Dean is angry but a realization hits him and he looks Matt in the eye seeing the hurt for the first time. “You don’t know where he is.”

Matt’s eyes harden. “Not lately.”

“Why did you bring me here?”

“To see what you know ‘cause he owes us.”

Dean reluctantly takes a twenty, walks to the stage and raises it. Brim gives him an odd look and smiles, lowering down on his haunches.

“How you doing, baby?”

Dean smells the baby oil and looks into his green eyes. “I need to talk to you, later.”

“Oh yeah,” Brim smiles wider, getting ‘it’.

Dean adds, “About Mark.”

Brim’s demeanor changes and he reaches over, lightly touching Dean’s neck causing him to flinch. He mouths the words, “Wait for me.”

“Where the Road Roams,” a story of love, loss, sex and lies (GLBT fiction) by David Sharp, is available in the Apple iBookstores, B&N, Sony, Bookstrand, Rainbow ebooks, All Romance ebooks, and coming soon to Amazon. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #66
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Such a subtle cover .........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #67
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Men Overboard!

Hairstylist Aaron Turner doesn’t consider himself overweight; just under height. As stylish as he is outgoing, he brings a Carrie Bradshaw like wardrobe in extra large and a fierce attitude to this adventure on the high seas, not knowing that a killer has come along for the week long cruise as well. Friends Aaron Turner and Phillip Baxter have not yet settled in when the bodies begin piling up. The best pals begin to think the passengers of the Titanic booked better tickets when they find themselves linked to the dead bodies. Becoming suspects, they must clear their names before the ship returns to Fort Lauderdale. Without a weapon, Aaron is left with only his wit to try and capture a killer before he becomes part of the body count. Luckily, his tongue is as sharp as his styling razor, so he is up to the task with flair and bravado!

Excerpt:
“Southern Dawn. Sounds like a drag queen from Memphis,” Aaron Turner said while looking up at the huge ship. His friend Phillip Baxter did not reply. “Swimming pools, luxury spa, two dining rooms, three bars all spread over twelve decks,” the stout man adjusted a pair of vintage Chanel sunglasses perched on the end of his round nose. The cruise they were embarking on had been planned by Phillip as a holiday surprise for him and his now ex, a muscular young beauty who in the course of their relationship had done more tricks than Criss Angel. Phillip was going to cancel the cruise but Aaron, his best friend and one of Seattle’s leading hairstylists, begged, threatened, whined and cajoled until they found themselves on the gangway that bright February morning.

“You haven’t been on a vacation in six years and have already paid, so take me! It’ll be fun. If you don’t go now, when? Are you gonna wait until Streisand goes back to Broadway or the Pope begins performing gay weddings?” The hairstylist was on vacation and nothing short of a Lusitania style tragedy was going to stop him from cramming fun into every second. Men equaled fun so he wanted to get the lay of the land as soon as possible.

Humming, Aaron left the spacious cabin, moving down the long narrow corridor smiling and saying, “Hello darling!” to everyone he met, one of his standard greetings. His smile widened with each step as he ogled his fellow passengers.

This time out the great ship was not going to be filled with honeymooners, retirees or fish belly white business people looking for midwinter fun and sun. Southern Dawn had been chartered by a gay cruise company and was packed stem to stern with gay men of all vanilla, leather, twink, drag, bear and gymbot persuasion. The voyage would also include a sprinkling of female friends and lesbians who liked to party with their boys.

Going down a wide set of stairs Aaron turned down another long corridor, happily pushing his way through the crowds of men going in and out of cabin doorways. Near the end of the long hallway, Aaron could not help but stop next to the partially open door of a balcony view cabin. A young shirtless blond was sprawled in one of the club chairs, head back, rosebud shaped lips slightly parted. His radiant beauty caught Aaron’s breath. Stepping closer to the doorway, the hairstylist looked in for a moment before clearing his throat.

Getting no response from the young man in the chair, Aaron stretched out a hand and tapped on the open door.

“Helllooo,” he called a bit louder and getting no reply, he stepped into the sunlit cabin. While he and Phillip had flown all night from Seattle, this kid must have come in on a high from Maui Wowie from the way he was zonked out. Reaching over to stroke a hand onto the bare, tan skin of the young man’s muscular shoulder, Aaron smiled, then recoiled his fingers.

The sun bronzed flesh was cold to his touch. Stepping in between the wide spread legs of the young blond, Aaron chanced a further peek over into his face to find a pair of bright blue eyes open and staring back at him blankly.

“Men Overboard,” a murder mystery packed with humor and adventure on a gay cruise, by James Brock, is available in the Apple iBookstores, from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Bookstrand, Rainbow ebooks, All Romance ebooks, Sony, and Coffeetime Romance. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #68
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Dog Tagged

Drill instructor Sergeant Clay Norris has his hands full. Between new recruits and a Senior Drill Sergeant with an attitude hanging over him, the last thing he needs is to develop a crush on one of his trainees, but Private Chevy “Banksy” Banks is an Adonis he is unable to resist. A natural leader, the young man draws the other troops in with his easy manner and warm-as-the-Sun smile, a combination that melts the trying-to-sound-tough young Drill Sergeant.

When the Senior Drill manages to tear the two men apart before anything beyond fantasies and longing glances can happen, Clay tries to move on and forget Banksy, throwing himself into his career, knowing that he may have to wait until he retires from the military to be able to partner up, while understanding the irony that he is defending a freedom he is not yet allowed, the freedom to be who he is and to pursue the person he loves.

Fate brings Clay and Banksy together again for a brief and joyous reunion when they are able to begin planning a future, that same fate cruelly ripping them apart once more, with each facing a trauma alone.

Dog Tagged is set post DADT (Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell) and pre the policy’s repeal; a time when being openly gay had seen many a lost career in the service. Sexually explicit in places, this story offers only a glimpse of how some men and women serving their country are not afforded the same rights as the heterosexuals with whom they fight side by side.

Incidents in Dog Tagged are based on true events.

Excerpt:
Private Banks was at the top of the company in everything we did. When we climbed the rope lines in the obstacle course, he was like a coconut crab, scrambling down the line in record time. Crossing the parallel bars in front of the dining hall, he looked like a young ape swinging through the jungle. When the rest of the group was throwing up, sneezing and spitting after removing their gas masks in the gas chamber, Banksy managed to hold it together with only a few stinging tears tracking down his cheeks after giving his social security number to the sergeant in charge. When it came to learning rank and rules he was head and shoulders above the other guys; Bravo Company had a contender for trainee of the cycle, which meant top spot and an award given by the Brigade commander at graduation from basic.

There was only one thing Chevy Banks failed at and that was throwing a grenade.

By the time I had a couple of beers, I had a couple of guys lined up to come back to base with me. I had my uniform hanging in the backseat, which served as a kind of catnip come-on to the guys I had picked up, a hot blond and his even hotter dark haired friend. I couldn’t have Chevy and I needed an outlet, and since these guys were revved up and ready to go, why not take advantage?

As much fun as I was having, I would have traded everything we were doing for one closed mouth, both of us fully clothed, kiss with Chevy.

“Want some company, for chow?” I asked, drinking in Banksy’s face like it was water and I had been in the desert, which I had and was, but we had no problem importing water. The only thing I had been lacking was standing in front of me.

“I’m so glad to see you I wouldn’t mind if you showered with me, Sir.”

I had just found him and I didn’t want to leave him, but his Captain arrived, there were other trucks that needed Banksy’s touch (not more than I needed that touch, but in a motor pool in a war zone was not the place to argue that), so we set a time and I went back to my quarters to, well, who would we be kidding if I didn’t just say it – dress for our date. I would have brought flowers if I thought it was acceptable.

“Dog Tagged,” a military drama/romance novel by James Brock, is available in the iBookstores, from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Sony Reader Store, Bookstrand, Rainbow ebooks, Coffeetime Romance, and All Romance ebooks. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com
Old 08-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #69
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Racing Death

When Jerome sees his lover die in his dreams, he thinks it's just his overactive imagination—until the symbols from his nightmare appear in real life.

Jerome has a decent life with a great job as a college professor, a girlfriend half his age, and a house that anyone would kill to own. All of that changes when he goes to sleep and sees Death personified as a grey-haired man with a top hat. Death warns him repeatedly that Bridget, his girlfriend, is going to die, and shows him a scene where she is standing on a street corner with an angry-faced man idling in a tan car. When Bridget's father is attacked after Death warns Jerome about it in a dream, he begins to realize that his nightmares are not just subconscious messages. In one of his hateful nightmares, Jerome approaches Death and attempts to get him to stop hunting Bridget. Little does he know that this is the start of a game between him and Death, a game he has to win if he wants Bridget to survive.

Excerpt:
When Jerome came through the door that night, Bridget wore a bright red dress with an expensive necklace around her neck. She was so beautiful that even in his frightened state he stopped to stare. It was as if he had peered straight into a mythological world where goddesses were real, and he just happened to be lucky enough to capture one.

"Baby," Bridget said, twirling for him, "what do you think?"

"I think that you may be the most gorgeous creature that I have ever seen," Jerome said, eyes bright.

Flushing as red as her dress, Bridget click-clacked over to him in her flaming high heels and gave him a kiss that tasted like lipstick and something sweeter—strawberries with a hint of wine.

"Dr. Jerome William," said Bridget, taking a step back and crossing her arms, "do not tell me that you forgot that tonight my dad is throwing a dinner party, and you so cordially agreed to go."

Horror filled him. He hated Bridget's father with wildfire passion. He didn't remember telling Bridget that he would go, but he likely had. She could make him forget a lot when they were curled up together in bed.

"Bridget," Jerome said, heading forward to grab her hand. It was freezing, which was so not Bridget-like. The Bridget that he loved was always warm. "Bridget, get away from him. This is death, don’t you understand? You’ve got to escape from him and get away—as far away as possible."

"You can’t help her, Jerome," Death said, suddenly releasing her hand and stepping away from her. "You can’t save her. Look around you."

“Racing Death,” paranormal erotic romance by Stephanie Campbell, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Barnes & Noble, the Amazon stores, Sony Reader Store, Bookstrand, Coffeetime Romance, and All Romance ebooks. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #70
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Jake's Tale

Separated from the cowboy he loves, Jake must find his way back or die trying, but not alone. Together with the help of his new pal Frank Ward, a farm hand turned robber, they must endure all the dangers and desires of the rough and wild west to the end of the trail or to the end of a rope.

Excerpt:
Jake is one of six riders on the ridge, all desperados and outcast one way or another. The ragtag gang has an ominous feel about them; a certain rough, wild and dangerous quality where trouble could erupt at any moment. Jake admires Dusty’s strong features, chiseled jaw and his presence, so in control of the gang. He lays eyes on Cole, noticing how his dirty blond hair sneaks out of his cowboy hat and the way he is taking in every detail, wheels always seeming to be turning with that one. Involuntarily he smiles back, meeting Frank’s gaze on the side of Cole. Frank in coveralls, still barely past being a farm boy with sweat streaking the dirt on his bare side from his exposed armpit, is always staring. Jake knows that it’s his fault since he found him on a bank robbery in Cheyenne and brought him into the gang on a whim. On his other side he sees Jack and Dan sharing a private joke. They are two big burly guys, mean as they can be, yet gentle as bear cubs when they let their guard down.

“What the hell is this? Jake stumbles, the dream dripping away, and he tries to cover himself with the thin blanket.

“I was only lying down with you, nothing else.” Jake stands up and lets his hand drop. He finds his body reacting against his will.

“Frank, I can’t, you know that.”

Frank puts his arms around him from behind so he can see their reflection together in the mirror. “One of these days…” He kisses the sweat from Jake’s neck.

Jake exhales and leans back in the moment, lingering before pulling away. “You are trouble, but Dusty is my world, you gotta understand.”

“Jake’s Tale”, a cowboy/western by David Sharp, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Amazon, Sony, B&N, Rainbow ebooks, Bookstrand, All Romance ebooks, and Coffeetime Romance. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #71
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile The Willow Does Not Weep

Willow the tree has been watching her family for the past eight years. During that time, they have endured a terrible trauma, but there is nothing Willow can do. She is merely a tree. All of that changes when Malan, the eldest brother of the family, returns home from college and Willow realizes that she would do anything to speak with him, and the feelings she has for him she cannot explain. She believes there is no hope. There is no way to change from one life form to another. When a white dove tells Willow that she can trade her thirty remaining years of life as a tree for one year as a human, she quickly agrees. But in making that choice, she realizes that she may have signed on for more than she bargained for. After all, a year is hardly enough time to heal a human heart.

Excerpt:
“How are you doing, beautiful?” asked Malan, leaning out of his bedroom window. “You waiting there for me, like usual?” Malan climbed out of his window on the second story of the house. Tonight he wore plain pajamas and no top, and his hair was in disarray. As he climbed down the decorative ladder with wild vines on it, love pounded through Willow’s body. Malan made his way over to her and smiled so broadly that she knew he was happy to see her—maybe even as happy as she was to see him.

“I want to become a human no matter what it costs me.”

“And it will cost you a lot.” The dove examined her with large, bright eyes. “Once this has been done, it cannot be undone. There are terms and conditions before you turn human.”

“What are they?”

“As a tree, you will have forty long years of life,” the dove said. “As a human, you will get one year until you die. That year is yours to be with whom you wish, but the moment your time is up, you will perish and die regardless. Are you willing to give up thirty more years as a tree to be a human for only one? Think carefully.”

The quality of life as a tree wasn’t bad, but humans had something more. They could laugh, dance, and play. As a tree, she could echo her thoughts to the birds and send messages to her friends, but it wasn’t really the same thing. Now, as she stared at the house, she realized what she truly wanted―to be a human so she could be a part of that world. Especially Malan's.

“I want to be a human.”

Suddenly, Malan began to remove his clothes. Willow jumped backward, frazzled. She had seen his body when he was younger, but now things were different―now she was human. Her face became hot due to feelings she could not explain, and she jerked around, pretending to examine a woman with an endangered species of bird upon her underwear.

“You know,” Malan said with a joking tone, “if you want to hang around with me, you’re going to have to look at me in a swimsuit. I brought you one, too.”

A red bikini hit her square in the head, knocking all embarrassing thoughts from her mind.

“The Willow Does Not Weep,” romantic fiction by Stephanie Campbell, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Barnes & Noble, the Amazon stores, Sony Reader Store, Bookstrand, Coffeetime Romance, and All Romance ebooks. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #72
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Trail's End

Dusty Calhoun, recovering from wounds from a train robbery gone wrong, must leave the Wind River Reservation and catch up to his gang of wild boys before it is too late to save them and the gold. A message of a traitor sets Dusty off to embark on a ride through the west with unexpected encounters and places; where he must decide who he can trust, who his pals really are, and finally put the haunting memories of the Blakely Gang to rest. Dusty knows he never should have let Jake Willowford go on without him after all the hell and high water they have been through together. The time has come to make it right, to see it through and to find his cowboy where the trails end.

Excerpt:
Dusty’s eyes flutter and he cannot make out the words but he understands them inside, he sees them on her lips in the dim glow and smiles. The fire returns but it is cool, so cool, over his naked flesh. No one is inside the lodge now. He shivers, the sweat rolling off his skin as his muscles strain. The raw wounds have been covered with more powder and leaves. The warmth returns and slowly spreads throughout his body. Dusty is filled with thoughts of desire and of Jake’s touch. Jake is all that matters in Dusty’s mind’s eye.

The melancholy wail of the train whistle sounds off from down El Paso way where the border and the freedom of Mexico beyond its imaginary boundaries lie. An oasis has been created a few miles outside the Texas town by the recent plentiful rains. Jake Willowford and Frank Ward are skinny dipping in the newly formed watering hole, their clothes, boots and guns stowed away in the saddlebags of their horses. Jake’s bobbing body is tanned from the long ride to the south while Frank’s hide is more burned than brown especially on his shoulders and back. Jake’s dark eyes meet Frank’s lighter ones as both of them tread cool water in the deeper middle. A warm breeze gritty with sand strikes them from the desert surroundings complementing the coolness of the pond.

“Now this is something special.” Jake drifts and relaxes enjoying the cool calming sensation over his bare skin.

“It sure is.” Frank speaks his devious thoughts. “You want to….?”

Jake shakes his head, “Ain’t gonna happen.”

“Trail’s End”, a cowboy/western by David Sharp, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Amazon, Sony, Kobo ebooks, B&N, Rainbow ebooks, Bookstrand, All Romance ebooks, and Coffeetime Romance. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #73
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile The Chalet

When Madeline honors her mother's dying wish and returns to The Chalet, she discovers the true secret of the old mansion; a seductive spirit whose undying love has waited decades to claim her for its own.

Excerpt:
The Chalet was not just a walk down the street. It was located in Minnesota near a large forest, surrounded on three sides by state land. How many hunters and campers got seduced to go behind those great twin oak doors I’ll never guess. But I know that at least a few did; the ones who got reported to my family over the years. What they saw, I’m not sure. Perhaps it was Madeline herself, or the force that remained of her, since she had died in that house 40 years earlier.

The Chalet had been a gift from an admirer who hoped to woo Madeline. Joseph Martelli was not the kind of person you said no to, even if you were a big star like Madeline. He controlled a big section of the Chicago mob. He also loved to trophy hunt, and he took to the Minnesota woods every winter to do just that. The Chalet had been Martelli’s place before he had given it to Madeline lock, stock, and barrel. Just why a pure blood Italian of seven generations had gone overboard for a black singer wasn’t understandable, not with a wife and a mistress already. Maybe it had been her music. Madeline’s voice was pure magic. Or maybe Martelli had done enough evil here over the years that the place was haunted already and he wanted to dump it.

What happened behind the closed doors before the murder isn’t known, not conclusively. Whatever disturbed Madeline’s packing also is not known. But Madeline ran from it, whatever it was.

“The Chalet,” a murder mystery/romantic paranormal fiction ebook by Tara Fox Hall, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Barnes & Noble, the Amazon stores, Sony Reader Store, Kobo ebooks, Bookstrand, Coffeetime Romance, and All Romance ebooks. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #74
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Cool Hell's Angel

“Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you king.”

Buried beneath a mountain of student loan debt and with no means to pay it back, Malika reluctantly agrees to a year for year payback program in a remote and destitute part of the country. Thinking that a life without the finer things will teach their daughter a lesson in financial responsibility, the parents of the carefree young woman never expect their plan to backfire. Their plan not only backfires, but it erupts like a volcano when their dainty daughter commits a crime more heinous, in their eyes, than murder in the first degree.

Excerpt:
Malika noticed the determined look on Kevin’s face as well as the rifle in his hand. She heard gunshots from outside again and she screamed.

“It’s not safe for you here, Malika.”

“Where will I go?”

Kevin knew he shouldn’t do this, but it was the only way. “My place. Come on. Pack your bags and hurry.”

When the alarm sounded at six sharp, Malika was sound asleep. She didn’t hear the obnoxious ding of the wind-up clock, but Kevin heard it and he listened to the noisy thing for a solid ten minutes before storming into Malika’s room and shutting it off. He purposely slapped the dresser with his hand.

“What is it? Where are we?”

Malika’s chestnut brown hair was in her eyes and her white camisole top was giving Kevin quite the view. She had kicked the covers off during the night and the dark place covered with the tiniest bikini bottoms that Kevin had ever seen was more than enticing.

“When were you planning to turn this thing off?”

“I didn’t hear it.” Malika had never been very coherent when she first woke up and Kevin’s delight in her lack of lucidity was not helping matters.

He walked away, and Malika grabbed her bath items and yawned as she left her room. She passed by the door to Kevin’s room and glanced quickly and then willed her feet to move. He was lying on the bed, his legs apart with the loin cloth between them. A slight smile was on his face, as if he were expecting Malika to look.

“Hell’s Angel”, sensual interracial romance by K. Lyn, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Sony, Kobo, Bookstrand, All Romance ebooks, and Coffeetime Romance. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #75
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Smile Lured

The resort offering more money and perks than Tiffany can resist houses an evil secret. Money exchanges hands for much more than room and board. Quitting her steady job on a whim for what is promised to be a once in a lifetime experience, Tiffany loads up her car and heads out. Stumbling upon a secretive erotic crime ring, she tries to find a way out, but the sly old woman in charge hired Tiffany for a very specific reason and she knows where the young woman is at all times.

[edited for length - MODERAT0R]

When morning came, Tiffany knocked on Jessica’s door to invite her to breakfast. After several knocks and no response, she pounded on the door, waking Mrs. Turnkey in the room adjacent.

In her robe, the old woman inquired innocently, “My dear, isn’t it a bit early for such ruckus?”

“Did Jessica leave already? It’s only seven.”

The old lady yawned. “Yes she did, dear. She said to tell you thank you for your kindness.” The woman went back into her room, closing and locking the door behind her, and smiling at Tiffany’s naivete.

“Lured,” erotic romance by K. Lyn, is available in the Apple iBookstores, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Sony, Kobo, Bookstrand, All Romance ebooks, and Coffeetime Romance. Our website is http://www.beautobeau.com.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-02-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Tags
action and adventure, action packed, action/adventure, adventure, anthologies, artists, bittersweet, coal mining, cowboys, crime fiction, dark fiction, death, deceit, doctors, drama, ebook, ebook author, england, erotic, erotic fiction, erotic romance, erotica, espionage, explicit sex, fiction romance, football, forgiveness, friendship, fun read, games, gay, gay & lesbian, gay erotica, gay fiction, gay literature, gay love, gay mystery, gay romance, gay young adult fiction, glbt, gothic, government, great read, harem, holiday read, holiday story, holidays, horror ebooks, horror stories, humorous fiction, interracial romance, loss, love, love stories, love story, lovers, male, medical, men, military romance, murder mystery, musicians, mysteries, mysterious, mystery ebook, novels, paranormal romance, paranormal suspense, paranormal thriller, political thriller, romance, romance ebook, romance novel, romance novellas, romance stories, romantic, romantic adventure, romantic comedy, romantic fiction, romantic intrigue, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, scientists, secrets, sensual, sensual romance, sex, sexual, sexually explicit, sexy, sexy read, short fiction, short stories, supernatural, sweet romance, transgender, true stories, united arab emirates, vampire books, vampire romance, weddings, western romance, westerns, wild west., young adult, young adult romance