Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
dave45
dave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs505
Keep trying - do it faster... and the reflasher reports success.. you can disconnect now.

disconnect and twang the power-switch

the software fires up HOORAY!

but then immediately dies as there is zero power on the powermeter....this is despite charging it for a whole day, and plugging it into USB for a whole day a few days ago.. maybe this rebooting stuff drains the battery

Perhaps this whole episode is battery-determined?

Whooooa .. after another reboot it is now showing full battery (whilst connected to the charger)... and all my books are still there ! ??? although its lost what I was reading when it first croaked...

persistence pays off

:-)
dave45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
dave45
dave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enoughdave45 will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs505
And it is now fully-working again.... thanks guys for your help and encouragement.

(still fancy a T2 though!)
dave45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 09-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623
Good to hear that it all worked out. I bought a T1 last year, and pretty much just use the 505 when I'm riding the bus. The 505 is built like a tank, and being so old, I'm less worried about it getting broken in transit.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
My first thought when I began reading this thread was: it's the battery! I would suggest that you charge the battery from the MAINS not the usb, using Sony's own charger or a PSP charger (the type with a round barrel). Leave it charging for about 12 hours.

However, if, after doing this, you find that the battery runs down quickly, seriously consider replacing the battery. This is what I had to do with my 505 - or at least a techie friend did this for me. There's lots of info about how to do this dotted around MR, and a good vid on youtube, made by the people who sell the batteries and tools (though I bought mine from Amazon).

Here's the url for the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLHgLz9LYMA
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #20
trocchietto
Groupie
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
My first thought when I began reading this thread was: it's the battery! I would suggest that you charge the battery from the MAINS not the usb, using Sony's own charger or a PSP charger (the type with a round barrel). Leave it charging for about 12 hours.

However, if, after doing this, you find that the battery runs down quickly, seriously consider replacing the battery. This is what I had to do with my 505 - or at least a techie friend did this for me. There's lots of info about how to do this dotted around MR, and a good vid on youtube, made by the people who sell the batteries and tools (though I bought mine from Amazon).

Here's the url for the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLHgLz9LYMA
congratZ guys great community
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote