Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
My eyes!

Andrew
Yes this!

As far as seeing e-book readers in the wild, very few even these days, I have seen at least one other 'walking reader' like my self in the last few years and did see a lady with a kindle at the dentist office a couple of months ago....

That's about it...

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #32
dwig
Guru
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Dell Venue 8 Pro - Retired:Kindle 3, Clie UX50, T415, ...
I'm sure my daily commute is rather different from most MR members. Mine will occasionally wander across South Beach here in Key West (not the one in Miami Beach), a 2-3 block detour that I occasionally add to my 7 block walking commute.

I've noticed a pattern forming. Last winter I frequently saw ereaders on the beach, more than the previous winter. The interesting thing is that this summer I've rarely seen one and even pbooks are noticably fewer. It's probably related to the financial and social difference between the summer and winter tourists. Our "season" is January through mid-April. Room rates are 50-100% higher during season. A lower percentage of the bargin summer tourists seem to be readers, and fewer of them ereaders.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Mine goes everywhere with me and I do mean everywhere.
Apache
Soo, you spend most of your day on your ass then?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #34
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color / Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Soo, you spend most of your day on your ass then?

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
On a recent flight to Greece I was sitting between two people and each of us was reading on a Kindle. I guess folks going on holiday like ereaders. Each Kindle was a different version with my K2i being the oldest. Oddly I've never met anyone with a K1 as yet.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #36
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, Xperia Ion
I see ereaders on the train every couple days, and there are reliably a few on any rush hour train. I've only seen one other Nook Color in the wild.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #37
spindlegirl
Grand Scheme of Things
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (Black), K4, Moonreader pro on my LG Nexus 4 phone
Today while waiting at the blood clinic for my annual "stabbing" I sat beside 2 people. I had my kindle4 non touch, the woman beside me had a kindle keyboard, and the other guy beside me had a tablet and was reading from his kindle app. (I watched him select it after he played some freecell). Closest proximity I've had to one, let alone two, who were reading e-books on anything noticeable.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote