Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #46
AMacD
Al
AMacD doesn't litterAMacD doesn't litter

Location: Bardstown, KY as home base, but RV following the seasons.
Device: Kindle1 and Kindle2 and Palm T|X
Cannot open exported file

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
When I left, I was getting .5K/s

I opened a mobipocket book, and exported it in mobipocket. The exported file would not open in MobiReader - got a "not enough memory" error. I also can't open the exported file on my Kindle - "the item can't be opened".

I would love to hear of someone's success.
I also cannot open any document exported to the AZW format from any that I have tried. It generates the file just fine, but cannot be read on the Kindle, which sort of defeats the purpose of the program. On the other hand I have opened several files that were named cryptically to find out what the book name was and then renamed the file to reflect the title. Worth the $15 for that feature alone. Straight text books are pleasant to read on the Stanza program, but I want to read them all on the Kindle. Stuff that won't display properly in the Kindle I can now read with Stanza, however it won't open DRM files and all the AZW files from Amazon have DRM. I have passed on lots of purchases because of that.
AMacD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, macintosh, stanza