Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Nascarfan1972
Enthusiast
Nascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of lightNascarfan1972 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Wireless
I have no problem using a cable attached to the PC, or a car charger to charge my kobo wireless. But I have twice tried to use a usb wall plug with a micro usb cable and both times the kobo has frozen, and not fully charged even after leaving it plugged in for 6 hours.

I can only get it to start working again by plugging it into the PC and charging from that for a few hours.

Does anyone have any idea's how I can get it to charge using a wall plug (and work afterwards without reverting to the pc)?
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #17
filmo
Guru
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Every cell phone charger I have bought from Walmart and other stores with correct USB plug has worked for my Kobo Touch and wifi. This include ones that plug into wall outlet and 12V outlet. I have only heard that Apple branded USB chargers do not work to charge Kobo readers.
filmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:40 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Every cell phone charger I have bought from Walmart and other stores with correct USB plug has worked for my Kobo Touch and wifi. This include ones that plug into wall outlet and 12V outlet. I have only heard that Apple branded USB chargers do not work to charge Kobo readers.
I use Apple USB chargers almost exclusively, and they work perfectly too.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Mini,Sony T1, Galaxy Tab 10.1,Samsung S2 phone,iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I use Apple USB chargers almost exclusively, and they work perfectly too.
It's the Sony readers that don't work with Apple chargers...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #20
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Sorry I missed the beginning of this thread, Nascarfan. Could you clarify: have you done a check with a) the same cable in each of the chargers AND b) different cables in each of the chargers? What were the results?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote