Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #391
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I think maybe he means Wifi or 3G Paperwhite.
Yes, that was what I was asking. The reason I asked is that my delivery date is 17th Oct, for the 3G, so I was wondering if the wifi model was being delivered more quickly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #392
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I think maybe he means Wifi or 3G Paperwhite.
Ahhh, didn't think that far, confused as usual. It was the WiFi, I don't do 3G anymore, use tethering from my phone if required.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #393
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, that was what I was asking. The reason I asked is that my delivery date is 17th Oct, for the 3G, so I was wondering if the wifi model was being delivered more quickly.
Seems like it is. It was the WiFi I looked at. Sorry got confused about PW and Fire.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #394
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
I just ordered the wifi/no ads an hour ago and have the same delivery date.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #395
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Ahhh, didn't think that far, confused as usual. It was the WiFi, I don't do 3G anymore, use tethering from my phone if required.
My wi-fi, which I ordered on the release date, has an expected delivery of 10/10. I had my husband attempt to order one a few minutes ago, and the expected delivery on that was 10/17. They must be selling pretty well, or Amazon isn't getting a large initial shipment.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #396
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
My wi-fi, which I ordered on the release date, has an expected delivery of 10/10. I had my husband attempt to order one a few minutes ago, and the expected delivery on that was 10/17. They must be selling pretty well, or Amazon isn't getting a large initial shipment.
I wonder how backed up the back orders will get. Considering that ereaders are now upgrades, more than the hot-new-item, it's very telling how long we've been waiting for another front lit eink device.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #397
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I still get October 4 - 9

Estimated delivery: Oct. 4, 2012 - Oct. 9, 2012

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers

$119.00

Quantity: 1Change

This item will be released on October 1, 2012.

Last edited by Kumabjorn; 09-09-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #398
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
You ordered on release day and got a 10/10 EDD? How long did you wait after it went live? I got a 10/3 EDD but I ordered within a few minutes.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #399
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Could it be regional differences? Depending on what warehouse serves your area the back log might be very different.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #400
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
You ordered on release day and got a 10/10 EDD? How long did you wait after it went live? I got a 10/3 EDD but I ordered within a few minutes.
I don't know when it went live, so I don't know how long afterwards it was. I waited at home all through the end of the press conference, but it still wasn't live. I had some errands I needed to run, so I left. I checked the Amazon page on my iPhone a few times when I was out, and it still wasn't live. After I got home I tried again, and I was then able to order. It was sometime after 4pm CDT.

I ordered the $139 non-ad version. Perhaps it is selling better than the ad based version.

Despite the estimated delivery date, I think there is a good chance it will still show up on the ship date. Amazon is good at under-promising and over-delivering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Could it be regional differences? Depending on what warehouse serves your area the back log might be very different.
I would think that at this point, it wouldn't make a difference. I imagine they probably didn't start determining how many would hit each geographic region until they saw the order totals by region.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #401
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
eh, I predict that everyone who pre-ordered is going to get it on 10/2 or 10/3. Set the bar low and exceed expectations. Plus, this way it also looks like demand is high. How did the pre-orders go for the Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire? Anybody remember?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #402
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
How do you order a PW from the UK? When I try to order, it says it's not available to the UK.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #403
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I didn't; a friend in the US is ordering it for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #404
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
the SO ones are being delivered before the non SOs it seems. clever tactic...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #405
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
eh, I predict that everyone who pre-ordered is going to get it on 10/2 or 10/3. Set the bar low and exceed expectations. Plus, this way it also looks like demand is high. How did the pre-orders go for the Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire? Anybody remember?

eP
I didn't preorder the Touch. I was in Best Buy a day or two after the official release date and saw the sales associate setting up a Kindle Touch display. He let me play with it and I asked when they would have them in stock for sale. He said "right now," and got one for me from behind the counter.

This time I ordered it from Amazon and I hope you're right about the delivery date.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote