|02-09-2012, 11:26 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2010
Batch transfer books from Kindle to Calibre
My hard drive crashed, and I lost my Calibre library along with everything else. However, the books are still on my Kindle. Is there any way to do a batch transfer of books from Kindle to the Calibre library, or does it have to be done one by one? Any help would be appreciated.
I'm running Calibre on a MacBook Air w/OS X 10.7.2
|02-10-2012, 12:44 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The following should work:
- Plug the Kindle in to your PC/mac with Calibre running.
- When the Kindle has been recognised by Calibre switch to the Calibre device view to see the books on the Kindle
- Highlight the books to be copied. You can multi-select books using standard techniques for multi-select. Click on the first and then hold down Shift while clicking on the last to select a range. Alternatively hold down CTRL and click on individual books to select them
- Right-click to bring up the context menu and select the Copy to Library option.
|08-23-2012, 08:21 AM||#3|
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
The same thing just happened to me. Ive re-added the books to my Mac again, but its not coped the series over. Is there any way to do this without having to sit down for hours sorting through almost 1000 books?
Thanks in advance
|08-26-2012, 12:40 PM||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
maybe do a bulk metadat download with only series checked in the configure metadata window.
|08-26-2012, 12:52 PM||#5|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The (original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
In the Metadata editor: select the format on the right, then click the blue i
Did you get the series?
Did anything else get hosed
If that was good:
2) select a group (I would do batches of 100 or less): Start the Bulk Metadata editor: This only has the option for Set Cover from format
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Using WiFi to Transfer from Calibre to Kindle 3||crahol||Devices||35||02-05-2012 09:23 AM|
|Where to find Kobo books to transfer from my documents to Calibre||Heathside Boy||Kobo Reader||6||01-30-2012 02:58 PM|
|will books transfer from device to calibre?||rhythmisasadist||Library Management||1||09-15-2011 05:38 PM|
|Transfer all books from old Kindle to new one||deb27||Amazon Kindle||19||06-19-2011 01:26 PM|
|Started out using eLibrary to transfer books now want to use Calibre - any issues?||workshy_1||Calibre||11||09-18-2009 07:59 AM|