Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #61
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Indeed dividing the 4.0.1 main kernel size by 1024 doesn't yield an integer. The 4.0.0 kernel instead does. I'll retry flashing 4.0.0 software on it...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #62
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I can confirm the main 4.0.1 kernel is broken, and 4.0.0 kernel is compatible with a 4.0.1 partition. I think it's best to delete it from the list of downloads...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #63
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I can confirm the main 4.0.1 kernel is broken, and 4.0.0 kernel is compatible with a 4.0.1 partition. I think it's best to delete it from the list of downloads...
It would be better to replace it with a good kernel. I plan to check the lengths of the various kernels.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #64
Krzysiek_14
Krzysiek_14 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I've done the same and also couldn't connect to 3g, turns out this kindle doesn't have 3g at all it appears "wifi + 3g" under the settings menu because the "forensic" kt main image comes from a 3g kindle...
My Touch 3G is for sure (I had to look inside).
Sometimes it is a boy under the tree but then helps: dd if = / dev / zero of = / dev/mmcblk0p3 bs = 4K count = 1K. Just cancel the settings.
Krzysiek_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #65
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I used a wifi only image to flash my 3. (with 3g)

works fine.

Cheers.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #66
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I used a wifi only image to flash my 3. (with 3g)

works fine.

Cheers.
Poster's info box says: "Poland"
Which may very well be a different 3G carrier that needs something different about the image.

Note: It **should not** - all of that specific info is stored on the SIM, but this is lab126 we are talking about.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #67
Krzysiek_14
Krzysiek_14 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
In the end it works well, musiałbyć any file musiałbyć something wrong, I downloaded it again and now it works without a problem, 3G as well.
Krzysiek_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #68
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
musiał być = there must have been.

Nie ma za co
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #69
CapitainDerya
Connoisseur
CapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsCapitainDerya can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 4 NT,PW2
install doukan 2012
CapitainDerya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #70
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitainDerya View Post
install doukan 2012
Why have you posted this here?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #71
DaEggi
DaEggi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Smile Please need help

Hi, i saw you killed the Demo Mode on a kindle Fire. I have some of them from a friend working at Media Markt. Please help me with a step by step guide to do the same

Best regards DaEggi
DaEggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #72
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaEggi View Post
Hi, i saw you killed the Demo Mode on a kindle Fire. I have some of them from a friend working at Media Markt. Please help me with a step by step guide to do the same

Best regards DaEggi
Wrong forum.
This is the forum for the gray-scale Kindles, we don't do colors here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote