Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #31
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Are you using Firmware 5.1.2?

If so, please provide the output of "showlog" and the content of /mnt/us/developer/Collections\ Manager/work/crash.log.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #32
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm on 5.1.0, and I already removed it. There was a lot of "low memory" logs though, usually around 6-9%. There was another error message in the log, but I can't recall what it was.
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #33
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKaos View Post
I'm on 5.1.0, and I already removed it. There was a lot of "low memory" logs though, usually around 6-9%. There was another error message in the log, but I can't recall what it was.
Yeah... that happens. It's normally not a tragedy though. Restarting the device fixes it. I'm still not totally sure as to what exactly is causing this, but I tend to believe that it's something on the Kindle itself (rather than my stuff), because the longer you have the Kindle running, the more often this happens.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #34
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
What about localisation? How is this with this patch to be done?
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #35
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah... that happens. It's normally not a tragedy though. Restarting the device fixes it. I'm still not totally sure as to what exactly is causing this, but I tend to believe that it's something on the Kindle itself (rather than my stuff), because the longer you have the Kindle running, the more often this happens.
I'll give it another shot tomorrow and let you know, but I restarted the device several times and it kept occurring.
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #36
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
cant we run the latest 1.1.1 version on 5.1.0.i dont want to update as there are many things that i have that i think wont work on 5.1.2.for eg ixtab fonthack,komic,etc
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #37
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

fonthack works ...
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #38
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
update KT collections manager works on 5.1.0.just checked
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #39
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
What about localisation? How is this with this patch to be done?
Wasn't supported previously... Version 1.1.2 now supports localization. See the first post please.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKaos View Post
I'll give it another shot tomorrow and let you know, but I restarted the device several times and it kept occurring.
OK. Just for curiosity: how many books do you have on the device? In any case, even in normal operation, the Kindle is always on the edge of running out of memory

And, as a side note: make sure to really reboot (using the option from the settings menu). Just restarting the framework (as JBPatch, FontHack, and other tools allow to do) is faster because it only restarts one program instead of the entire Operating System, but that is not guaranteed to fix memory issues.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #41
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
cant we run the latest 1.1.1 version on 5.1.0.i dont want to update as there are many things that i have that i think wont work on 5.1.2.for eg ixtab fonthack,komic,etc
Collections Manager 1.1.1 works with Komic 1.7.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #42
diba
Addict

German localisation included.
Attached Files
File Type: txt KTCollectionsManager-localization.txt (1.7 KB, 830 views)
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #43
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
French

Code:
[fr]
display.allitems=Affiche tous les objets
display.collectionsonly=Affiche uniquement les collections
invisible.show=Révèle les objets invisibles de l'Accueil
invisible.hide=Cache les objets invisibles de l'Accueil
update.calibre=Met à jour les collections via Calibre
update.dir.menu=Met à jour les collections via l'arborescence
update.dir.msg=Attention : cette action est potentiellement dangereuse. Elle va SUPPRIMER toutes les collections de votre appareil, puis créera des collections en se basant sur l'arborescence du dossier documents/. Êtes-vous sûr de bien vouloir continuer ?
update.dir.title=Import de collections
importer.done=Effectué. Collections créées :

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #44
ixtab
(offline)

@diba and NiLuje: Merci

I slightly revised the german one and fixed a typo in the french one (collections créées, not crées)
Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #45
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab: Barf. Too many 'e's! Nice catch

EDIT: Fixed another small thing, there's an hyphen in the êtes-vous/voulez-vous constructs .

EDIT²: Another bunch of fixes for a French typographical rule that I hate with a fiery passion: an unbreakable space between a word and some following punctuation marks (most notably : ? !)...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks