|07-01-2012, 10:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2012
Device: Sony PRS-950
Questions about PRS+
There are probably only two thousand threads about this, but I have a few questions.
1. What do you gain from installing PRS+?
2. What are the risks?
3. Is PRS+ worth it?
4. How do you unbrick a PRS-950 in the worst case scenario?
|07-02-2012, 01:57 AM||#2|
Join Date: May 2010
Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
The gains are pretty much summed up on the homepage, so I would read there. However:
1. The ability to use and browse folders, the ability to disable SD card scanning, menu customisation, custom fonts, and a near infinite amount (well, it seems that way) of other customisation possibilities.
2. No idea, I've never had anything go wrong.
3. Worth it? It's free and hugely expands the possibilities of the reader. How could it not be worth it?
4. No idea.
|07-02-2012, 03:05 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Device: iPad Mini, iPad2, PRS600, iPhone, iPod, Palm TX
I did it to my 600. The extra functionality is excellent. I had no issues so have had no need to go back. YMMV.
|07-02-2012, 01:55 PM||#5|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Device: nook classic; Sony PRS-650 & 350; iPad 2; Kindle PW2
You're right TheNlightenedOne--it was amazingly aawesome. I have it installed on both my 650 and my 350. It just makes the reader so much better! One of my favorite features is the clock in the bottom right of the screen.
And I know there have been a few reports of batteries quickly draining after installing PRS+. Luckily this didn't happen to either of my readers, but it did to a friend's reader. And just for the record, she was able to uninstall PRS+ and go back to factory settings without any problems.
|950, prs, prs+, prs-950|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Two questions about using PRS 600||eric11210||Sony Reader||11||08-05-2010 06:30 PM|
|Questions about new to me Prs 505||Lawyerman||Sony Reader||17||03-24-2010 07:05 PM|
|PRS-600 questions||foghat||Sony Reader||12||03-11-2010 04:17 PM|
|Two PRS 300 Questions||Cactusgod||Sony Reader||7||01-02-2010 04:45 AM|
|Questions about PRS-300||Stephanos||Sony Reader||5||09-06-2009 11:51 PM|