Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
mpcww
mpcww began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622
adding new simple browser app

Hi,

I'm absolutely new to pocketbook, so this question might be answered but I havnen't found the right information yet. Furthermore this is some kind of cross posting from the german board - I apologize -, but by now there were no replies to my question.

I use a Pocketbook touch 622 with D622.3.2.108 20120405_180048 .

On the pocketbook in the applications-directory I copied webbrowser.app. to getTaz.app and changed the content to:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#exec /ebrmain/bin/browser.app -platform PocketBook http://start.obreey.com
exec /ebrmain/bin/browser.app -platform PocketBook "https://USER:PASSWORD@dl.taz.de/abo/taz_`date \"+%Y_%m_%d\"`"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I can't see this new app on the "GUI" among the other applications. Is there a special registration procedure necessary or did I miss another configruation file ?

By the way, is there some documentation about structure of the file system and how to add simple changes ?

(Background: I need to access this a password protected user area and the link is not constant. I don't to change a fix URL every day or to use the keyboard every time to enter the username/pw.)
mpcww is offline   Reply With Quote