Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
koelti92
koelti92 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question Some questions about rooting the PRS-T1 with rupor's AMR

Hey,

Since a couple of days I also have the PRS T1 and now I want to root it. It looks like the root of rupor is clearly more recent and so I want to root with AMR.
To be sure I have a few questions:
1) Is it possible to unroot the reader later? If so, how?
2) Is the Google framework and Apps2SD already integrated?
3) Has anyone made ​​experiences with the warranty from Sony? Has they tolerated the root or is the reader simply excluded from warranty?
4) If there is a new version of the root package, how can I update this?

Thank you for your help!!
koelti92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 with Rupor's (minimal/AMR) Root Package
Rooting Instructions are here, there is a possibility to make a backup of the reader beforehand, you have to look for it in one of the russian threads.

app2sd needs to be set-up additionally, but i've encountered a space problem here. maybe you know a solution.

market is available somewhere, but you can sideload everything you need, basically. the wiki was a good guide for me, since many apps will flash your eyes out, really.

you can update by flashing the newer AMR over the old one, I read in a rupor post on another thread around here.

Basically everything is covered by the wiki.

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-27-2012 at 03:47 PM.
schorsch-lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
koelti92

Thank you a lot for your response. The backup is really helpful! I thought that I can only backup a rooted device, but that isn't true.

I cannot open your second link with the app2sd problem. The browser only opens your profile.

for all!

P.S.: From which country do you come? Your nick sounds very german. Is that right?
Old 05-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
rupor
Addict
rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: PRS 500,505,900,650,T1,T2, Nook ST, Kindle PW2
I am using Google Play (market) from here. Version 2.21, It works - but I do not think it is really that useful to be integrated into firmware.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
koelti92

In the meantime I have rooted the reader. Also I have installed the market.
I have only one question: With app2sd I can only move a few apps. Is there a possibility to move all apps?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
rupor
Addict
rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.rupor 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: PRS 500,505,900,650,T1,T2, Nook ST, Kindle PW2
There is no standard Android way to move all apps to SD, however you could use Link2SD hack to achieve similar results - depending on what you are doing.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
koelti92

Okay, thank you for your answer. In that case I'm going to intall Link2SD...
Old 05-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
schorsch-lukas
schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!schorsch-lukas , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

hi koelti!
i fixed the link, sorry. But it was answered by rupor now.

have you discovered any good apps via google play that are useful for the T1?

I can highly recommend the no refresh mode hack if you want to use a lot of the market apps.

p.s. yeah, you've caught me

and @rupor: i totally agree with keeping the rooting kit as small and clean as possible and let users choose the rest. tc+su are just the right choice to get started. the wiki has so many app suggestions...

Last edited by schorsch-lukas; 05-27-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
koelti92

I don't discovered apps that are specifically useful for the T1, but many that I use regularly on the phone and also wanted to have on the T1
The "no refresh mode hack" I have already installed, but in my opinion there is no difference between the two possibilities...

p.s. von wo kommst du denn? ich bin salzburger :P
Old 05-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
schorsch-lukas

ah okay! i didn't get the market yet because i know it autostarts and will drain a lot of battery. but please keep us updated!

most of the apps from the wiki you can install directly. i just wanted fbreader and a decent pdf reader. if you install the no refresh app, you'll get a enable/disable app on page 3. with a tool like bar-shortcuts you can access them from everywhere, which really improved my experience!

p.s.: NRW
Old 05-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
koelti92

hm... battery drain could be. but i can't validate it, because i have the reader only for a couple of days and no reference values.
the enable/disable apps on page 3 i found, but in my opinion there was no difference. now i tried it again and it seems that the no-refresh-mode is automatically deactivated after a short time or sometimes isn't activated at all.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
schorsch-lukas

i had the same problem. As soon as you select something from the first page or one of these selection menus within a app pops up, it gets disabled again. but it works if you avoid these 2 factors. for example, start the no-refresh from page 3, then start the other app of your choice from there. (or your status bar)
Old 05-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
koelti92

thank you for this info
Old 05-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
schorsch-lukas

you're welcome!
have fun with your new ereader! (sony is really the best)

oh, and maybe, if you'll figure out a good music app with controls in the status bar / sound boost. please let me know!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #15
koelti92

I have tried "Google Play Music". At my SGS2 this app has controls in the status bar, but none at the T1.
If I find an app, I will post it here.

[Edit]: I can't use the "no-refresh app". Every time when I scroll, the no-refresh mode is deactivated afterwards. Doesn't matter which app I use...

Last edited by koelti92; 05-28-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Tags
amr, prs-t1, root, rupor