Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
Spiny
Junior Member
Spiny began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2012
Device: Kindle Keyboard
Aha! That's worked. I set minimum articles to 1 & it successfully pulled them down, created the ebook & marked as read with no exceptions.

Sorry if I threw you a red herring, guess I should have picked that up from the code I think it's right that no ebook is generated if there are not enough articles, but don't know if there's a way of doing that without throwing an exception though.

I was going to debug through it myself, but only got as far as setting up Eclipse & PyDev & no as far as finding how to import the calibre libraries into a stand alone project. (I'm usually a C#/Java fella)

Thanks!
Spiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #17
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.
 
tBunnyMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Device: nook Simple GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiny View Post
Aha! That's worked. I set minimum articles to 1 & it successfully pulled them down, created the ebook & marked as read with no exceptions.

Sorry if I threw you a red herring, guess I should have picked that up from the code I think it's right that no ebook is generated if there are not enough articles, but don't know if there's a way of doing that without throwing an exception though.

I was going to debug through it myself, but only got as far as setting up Eclipse & PyDev & no as far as finding how to import the calibre libraries into a stand alone project. (I'm usually a C#/Java fella)

Thanks!
Don't worry! I talked to the developer and he JUST put the feature into the newest version of calibre. I just got back from vacation so I will be putting in the feature soon!

Honestly the recipes are not that complex. You don't need to build the calibre development environment at all since they are so easily loaded into the production app. I only use an IDE since I happen to already develop everything else in it, my first mods to the plugin were just done in a standard text editor.
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.
 
tBunnyMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Device: nook Simple GlowLight
Version 1.2 is uploaded to github! Now with cleaner errors!
(Once the new version of Calibre gets pushed that is)
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #19
Shoes7
Junior Member
Shoes7 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2011
Device: Kindle 3
Is there a way of altering this recipe so it grabs the text directly? I want to Pocket articles from a subscription site, but when I do, they show in Calibre as a 'log in' page.

Last edited by Shoes7; 05-20-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Shoes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.
 
tBunnyMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Device: nook Simple GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes7 View Post
Is there a way of altering this recipe so it grabs the text directly? I want to Pocket articles from a subscription site, but when I do, they show in Calibre as a 'log in' page.
Directly from where?
Currently the plugin spawns a thin browser, pulls up Calibre and gets the text directly from Calibre's text mode. Since the login isn't stored in calibre it fails and throws a login. If I pulled from the page itself I would probably bang against the exact same issue.

I can't think of an easy solution for this but am open to suggestions and ideas.
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
ciarpame
Member
ciarpame began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 10
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Turin, Italy
Device: Kindle Touch
I registered just to say Thank you! Your calibre recipe is great and it's almost the only way to get consistent results. I tried some other online services (kindle4rss, crofflr) but they seems unreliable to me.

Just one thing is missing from your recipe: images support.
I know you are working on it (https://github.com/tbunnyman/ReadItL...lugin/issues/2), just asking if there are news.

In my opinion images are far more important than the old-new order of articles if this is the blocking issue. Or at least you could make two different script for different user tastes. If your script with images support and new-old order is already working I offer to beta-test it (at the moment my Pocket reading list counts 150 articles so it will be a meaningful test).

This Pocket lack of kindle support is driving me crazy and I'm seriously thinking about moving to Readability which offers native Kindles support (but it lacks tagging and Android app seems poor).
What is holding me is mostly your very promising work based on Calibre: again, thank you very much.

Last edited by ciarpame; 05-24-2012 at 07:10 AM.
ciarpame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 280
Karma: 1125790
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bulgaria
Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Can you tell me where do I put my login details in the recipe in advanced mode (Calibre wouldn't let me switch to basic mode for recipes opened from files)?

ETA: Nevermind, I got it.

Last edited by slex; 06-15-2012 at 05:30 PM.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
kajko
Junior Member
kajko began at the beginning.
 
kajko's Avatar
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2012
Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the update to Pocket. What would I need to edit to reverse the order of the articles? I actually prefer newest first..
kajko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.
 
tBunnyMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Device: nook Simple GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajko View Post
Thanks for the update to Pocket. What would I need to edit to reverse the order of the articles? I actually prefer newest first..
I didn't put an option to display newest to oldest. There is actually a few things you would have to change, both where it inserts pages and when it reverses the ritem's before iteration.

I'll put this on my list of things to do next week as a settable feature.
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #25
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.
 
tBunnyMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Device: nook Simple GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarpame View Post
I registered just to say Thank you! Your calibre recipe is great and it's almost the only way to get consistent results. I tried some other online services (kindle4rss, crofflr) but they seems unreliable to me.

Just one thing is missing from your recipe: images support.
I know you are working on it (https://github.com/tbunnyman/ReadItL...lugin/issues/2), just asking if there are news.

In my opinion images are far more important than the old-new order of articles if this is the blocking issue. Or at least you could make two different script for different user tastes. If your script with images support and new-old order is already working I offer to beta-test it (at the moment my Pocket reading list counts 150 articles so it will be a meaningful test).

This Pocket lack of kindle support is driving me crazy and I'm seriously thinking about moving to Readability which offers native Kindles support (but it lacks tagging and Android app seems poor).
What is holding me is mostly your very promising work based on Calibre: again, thank you very much.

Thank you so much for the kind words! What has been holding me up is more Pocket's developer support than anything else. They have been holding onto a new version of the api (v3) that has been "coming soon" since the change to pocket. Supposedly this new v3 API gives all the nifty features from Pocket vs readitlater. I've asked on several different occasions to be on the exclusive v3 advance list but it seems I'm wait listed with everyone else. I've been slightly apathetic about attempting to pull in new features when they are going to change it all "soon" anyways.

The API script is more a traditional beta than a google style beta. I'd offer it but then it would eat your reading list and I would feel bad! (I actually have three pocket accounts for testing this and that)

Since I am going to be working on the master tree anyways I'll pull up my API branch, clean it up and post it for you to try and see if you like it. Someone els also posted a API based version elsewhere on the forums you might want to try.
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
caninny
Junior Member
caninny began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2012
Device: Kindle
Only getting a Table of Contents

When I try to download my articles from pocket on Calibre, I only get a table of contents and not the actual articles. Any tips for fixing?

Thanks!
caninny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
meso123
Member
meso123 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 13
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: kindle
That happens to me, also. I really would like to read pocket on a kindle ereader.
meso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #28
n0b0
Junior Member
n0b0 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 9
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denmark
Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Nook Tablet
Same for me :/
n0b0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
copyrite
Guru
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
copyrite's Avatar
 
Posts: 900
Karma: 1294851
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maryland
Device: iTouch, Samsung Galaxy S4, K3K, PW, Kindle Fire 2, Nexus 7.2
I haven't added anything to Pocket in the last couple weeks for this recipe to fetch articles and I don't seem to have any older 'fetches' in Calibre to see when it last worked. Is it a problem with the recipe, Calibre, or RiL, Pocket, whatever you want to call it?
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #30
tBunnyMan
Enthusiast
tBunnyMan began at the beginning.
 
tBunnyMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 39
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Device: nook Simple GlowLight

Pocket has changed their site. I will work on fixing this ASAP
tBunnyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
calibre, read it later, recipe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ReadItLater recipe only downloads 10 saved articles? usuario74 Recipes 1 02-20-2011 04:24 PM
PRS-600 Features I really would like to see... eosrose Sony Reader 5 10-01-2010 05:36 AM
Features list NoHolyGrail OpenInkpot 2 08-15-2010 04:31 PM
Calibre and ReadItLater robertpolson Calibre 7 07-01-2010 01:52 AM
Right now, you can have 2 of 3 features? surrealmind Which one should I buy? 10 01-03-2010 10:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.