Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Leah Carson
Leah Carson doesn't litterLeah Carson doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Couldn't stop laughing over this sendup of marriage

Let's hope not too many prospective brides read Jenna McCarthy's If It Was Easy, They'd Call the Whole Damn Thing a Honeymoon, or the marriage rate would plunge to near zero.

http://www.amazon.com/Theyd-Whole-Th...6740361&sr=1-1

But for those of us already hitched, Jenna has nailed all the frustrating, infuriating and hilarious aspects of marriage. Not my marriage, of course, which is perfect (right, Hubby?). But she perfectly describes all those OTHER marriages.

Chapter One (Can We Talk? Obviously Not) alone is worth the price of the book. Jenna writes, "My husband holds on to his words as if they're hundred-dollar bills and he's hovering on the brink of bankruptcy" and "My listening-impaired husband doesn't want a story; he wants an answer." Right on! Er…I mean…I'm assuming that's how it is in some marriages.

Jenna is a comedy genius. Don't pass up the chance to read this gem of a book. You'll love it.

Leah Carson

Last edited by Leah Carson; 05-11-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Leah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
You seem to have provided a link to your own books but not to the one you're recommending. Was that an oversight?

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's what we call "spam", andy .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Leah Carson
Leah Carson doesn't litterLeah Carson doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Oops -- my bad! Here's the link to Jenna's book at Amazon Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Theyd-Whole-Th...6740361&sr=1-1

Leah

Last edited by Leah Carson; 05-11-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Leah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Carson View Post

Jenna is a comedy genius. Don't pass up the chance to read this gem of a book. You'll love it.

Leah Carson
I doubt it.

Now will she puff your book?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
eh, it looks funny to me. And my library has it in epub. I'll check it out at some point!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor, marriage, spoof