Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle PW2, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I would think the Returns address is on there in the event that the item is returned as undeliverable by the shipper.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglover333 View Post
The refurbished ones come in a box exactly the same as a new one - except there is a "R" in the tree in the picture of the man reading under the tree.
That's interesting. I assume you're talking about the picture on the box, not the one that the actual device shows, right?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
puglover333
Enthusiast
puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.puglover333 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
That's interesting. I assume you're talking about the picture on the box, not the one that the actual device shows, right?
Yes, the picture on the box.
puglover333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
NightGoat
Enthusiast
NightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watchNightGoat is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook (ST), Kindle 3 & DXG, Archos 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I admit I don't really understand the fuzz about

@NightGoat: Does it really matter? You got a working replacement for an out of warranty item, which is more than most other companies would give you.
To the tune of $65... not free but quite acceptable to me as it was my own fault for breaking the screen. New, refurb, I'm happy either way.

By the way, my post was a question not an affront aimed at Amazon. Please don't take it that way. Though I do believe we have a right to know. Being an informed consumer shouldn't be considered an insult to any company.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the clarification all, I'm sure I just overreacted a bit.

I've shopped with Amazon for 10 years now and have never had any issues so I just put too much thought into it.

On a side note, I'm bummed I didn't get an e-reader sooner. Fantastic little gadget.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post

I've shopped with Amazon for 10 years now and have never had any issues so I just put too much thought into it.

On a side note, I'm bummed I didn't get an e-reader sooner. Fantastic little gadget.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #22
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puglover333 View Post
Yes, the picture on the box.
Correct. I'm in the UK and I've bought, in my life, 3 kindle keyboards and 3 kindle 4's. 2 of the keyboard ones were refurbs and came in plain cardboard boxes. All the new/retail ones came in boxes with pictures on them.

Also, when I first bought kindle 3's/keyboard (they were the latest model at that point) the new ones came with a mains power adapter, the refurbs didn't.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #23
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Sony PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
2 of the keyboard ones were refurbs and came in plain cardboard boxes. All the new/retail ones came in boxes with pictures on them.
Were the new/retail ones purchased from Amazon too?

My two refurbished Kindle 3's, both came in Amazon branded boxes, but without any Kindle picture. One was in a narrower box than the other because it came with a USB cable only, the other had both USB cable and power adapter.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Were the new/retail ones purchased from Amazon too?

My two refurbished Kindle 3's, both came in Amazon branded boxes, but without any Kindle picture. One was in a narrower box than the other because it came with a USB cable only, the other had both USB cable and power adapter.
All bought from amazon. My experience was the same as yours, no picture.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post

Yes they Are

I have 2
My wife has 1
My daughter has 1
My Mother has 1

I really like them
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Y View Post
Yes they Are

I have 2
My wife has 1
My daughter has 1
My Mother has 1

I really like them
The people, or the readers?
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote