Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Quix0te
Quix0te began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Battery indicator in M92

Hello! I've got my M92 three days ago from ereader-store.de. After a short test I've decided to charge the battery to its full capacity first since this seems to prolong its life (at least this is what I've heard about Li-Ion batteries). Initial level was 43%. First, I've tried to charge from PC, then using the power adapter, with the reader being on and off, but the outcome was always the same: the charge level dropped or remained unchanged, although both LED and battery icon indicated that charging is in progress. I've successfully updated the FW to the improved version 1.6 20120105 but the indicator behaviour didn't change. The longest charge time I tried was about 8 hours.
Has anybody encountered this problem? Any ideas, please?
The actual battery level is 21% and I want to see what happens when it reaches zero: if this is just an indicator problem it will continue working. Otherwise I'll have to return it which is a pity: the device is amazing.
Thank you.
Quix0te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
it takes a charge cycle or two for the meter to read the battery correctly.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m92 battery