Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #226
H3g3m0n
H3g3m0n began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (wifi)
I'm also getting the "Public Hotspot" with a never loading page on my home network. I'm wondering if it is trying to connect to the open network the block of flats has next door rather than to my own network (even though I did successfully logon to my own).

I also couldn't connect to WEP it just said "Error". I had to change the access point setting to WAP2 (I used to need WEP due to an old phone not supporting it) and then it worked except for the hotspot problem.
H3g3m0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #227
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I get the Public Hotspot thing, too. That might be considered a small improvement, given that it simply failed to connect properly before, but I had hoped it might actually be fixed.

Oh well, back in flight mode until the next update.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #228
KoX
KoX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I get the Public Hotspot thing, too.
Same here; downgraded to .16 until next update.
KoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #229
peterty
peterty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Upgrade to 1.9.17 Connection Problems

I upgraded 2 Kobo readers to 1.9.17 and am having the following problems:
-Public Hotspot notice that sends you to a webpage that never loads-if you cancel, you loose the connection
-Need to re-enter the WEP key even though saved as known network
-Need to select from several networks eventhough saved as known network-does not connect automatically to known network

Total hassle especially if used by seniors trying to figure this out.
peterty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #230
MrBook69
MrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipseMrBook69 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
I've a problem with text file.

It open correctly and I can do next page until the last line of a page is complete. When the last line is cut (in vertical way) the next page action finish the file and come back to home.
MrBook69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #231
dioioib
Enthusiast
dioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura aboutdioioib has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Arc, Kobo Touch N905B
I had the issue with the wifi security password not saving into the config files on the device with 1.9.16. I had to terminal into the device configs and add the password myself. I recall it was not encrypted or perhaps I copied it from a backup I had. That was a while back. Regardless I never connect using wifi now. But my device is working fine with 1.9.17 as an e-reader only. I am satisfied and content with that.
dioioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #232
Cazz
Cazz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Ihave the same trouble as PaulSalter my cobo touch was working fine untill the upgrade 1.9.17 now every time i try to connect wifi it says its detected a hotspot CANCEL CONTINUE when i press continue it just keeps spinning i havnt changed my service provider and everything else works eg laptop etc
Cazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #233
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Any details you care to share about your WiFi setup?

What type of router?
What type of security?

etc etc
PeterT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #234
Gaffer
Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

If it's any help, I'm running 1.9.17, and I have no trouble connecting to my Wireless-N 150 Router, using WPA2-PSK. I have some text files I look at too, and they display properly with no problems.
Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #235
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Well, it's been over two months, now.

Where's our bug fixes?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #236
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.vlad59 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I agree, I'm beginning to think that Kobo is too busy with a new device or the entire firmware team has been abducted by aliens Customers have the right to know :P !

To stop kidding, In France, we've been told by Kobo sellers (FNAC) that the French dictionary will be available soon. It's already been 7 months and I'm still waiting.

I know that Kobo officials are not speaking about release and ETA but I'd be happy to be told that there will be a new firmware before July or December (take your pick).
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #237
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
The dead-tap-followed-by-double-page-turn issue seems to have been solved in 1.9.17, but unfortunately the plain double-page-turn has not been solved. One more plea to the Kobo developers to get this right: There is no way a double page turn should ever happen. Don't buffer taps! The screen doesn't respond fast enough that there could ever be a legitimate double tap in 1/4 sec. Any apparent 2nd tap within 1/4 sec. or so should be ignored. That's the only way you're going to solve this problem. Fortunately it's a really easy way. Just do it, please!!!
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #238
glowin
glowin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
+1 for FJames double-page-turn solution.
glowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #239
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Freezing Bug!

Anyone else come across this in 1.9.17. Both my wife and I have noticed it on our Kobo Touch's. It doesn't happen every time but if when your are reading and inadvertently rest your thumb (right) thumb on the screen for a while (which results in a word or part of word being highlighted, and the book, face book and X icons being displayed), it freezes up. You can't cancel by pressing on X and to come out of it you have to switch the Kobo off.

Anyone able to replicate this and, if so, reproducibly?
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #240
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
@Roycymru: See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170256 for others with this issue.
PeterT is online now   Reply With Quote