Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, there are programs that will check web sites for a number of issues.
Certainly true and W3C validates HTML pages. they also have a CSS validator that works well. An ePub validator is a good idea IMHO.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #32
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Certainly true and W3C validates HTML pages. they also have a CSS validator that works well. An ePub validator is a good idea IMHO.

Dale

Hehe, the problem is, can you publish your web page if it can not pass w3c check? Can the browser show your web page if it contain some minor errors?

I don't deny that ePubcheck can be used as a reference or a helper, but it should not be abused as an arbiter.
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #33
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Free hosting sites sometimes forces checks upon you to make sure you have valid code. So, yes.

I can publish my book without ePubCheck without a problem. Only, if I want to do it at certain cites, there the policy is that it must pass.

If I mess up my webpage, it will not show in the browser as I want. Will it show as I want when it does pass? Not always. Again, no change with regards to ebooks. There I am also depending on the interpretation of the specifications by the creator of the reader, just like browsers.

If certain cites wants to 'abuse' it as an arbiter, it is their choice. As it is mine to use their services. If I or a client wants me to use these services, I have no choice by using ePubCheck and I don't really care.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote