Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I wouldn't pretend to know what might happen to one of these experimental hybrids(?) if submitted to KDP. I can only say that I, myself, would never recommend doing such a thing. I think the idea behind this (and the more basic "splitter" functionality of Mobi_Unpack) was to give options to those who might be planning to distribute their own files/books. Or for other, similar personal uses.

Unless it's a standard old-style, plain-jane mobi or the new "official" combo mobi/KF8, I don't think I would consider submitting it to KDP.

Just my opinion of course... other's may vary.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Yes, well...

I like to keep any tools I can in the toolbox. We get a fair number of what I would call "coffee-table" books. We have had to resort, in some instances, to actually reverting back to MBPC, in order to make a prc version (so as to massively reduce the mobi filesize for upload/conversion as a commercial product), lest the client end up paying more in delivery fees than s/he could charge. Naturally, this idea was interesting to me, along those lines.

And, yes, I'd be fairly hesitant before submitting a "tinkered" mobi (whether using strip or one of the other hacks) to KDP, because I've had some pretty wild stuff happen with even MINOR tinkering. But--it never hurts to ask. ;-)

Thanks,
Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote