Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #91
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
So it looks like you have to go to Walmart and the digital file will live in the cloud that you access only through Walmart's Vudu service... Yikes! I'll stick to my homebrew movie jukebox.

Edit: According to the article Vudu is compatible with the UltraViolet scheme.

Last edited by cjr72; 03-15-2012 at 03:38 PM.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #92
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
When companies are coming up with these systems, does anyone ever stop and ask "Is this something I would pay for?" I'm guessing the answer to that question is "no".
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #93
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
When companies are coming up with these systems, does anyone ever stop and ask "Is this something I would pay for?" I'm guessing the answer to that question is "no".
Well if you're tech savvy enough to have a Vudu setup at your house but not savvy enough to know how to rip movies, getting into your car to drive to Walmart instead of having to walk your disk over to your player... um... yeah, I'll have to get back to you on that.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #94
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin v3, iPad, Kindle 4NT
Apologies if this link has already being posted, although I've read the posts I don't remember them all now

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31322_3-57...-still-stinks/

I agree with a lot that is said in that rant and I'll feel sorry for anyone who pays $$ to convert their DVDs only to lose access to the paid for streaming when the service isn't generating the revenue they expected in a few years time and is shut down (like so many music and similar services have in the past, walmart iirc had such a service too)
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote