Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #16
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
My K3 3G is 15 months old. I love it, but worried about something happening to it (electronically speaking), so I bought a less expensive WIFI Touch as a back-up. I don’t like it quite as much yet, but am getting used to it slowly. I have the Fire, but don’t like reading books on it. And it makes things a little easier because I can leave the K3 locked in my office desk and still have the Touch to read in the evenings if I wish. On days I would forget to pack the K3, I was grumpy. So this takes care of that issue and also forces me to become used to using the Touch. I think the lack of 3G bothers me the most, which is strange because most of my other devices are WIFI. But it is all good.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, KF HD2, Voyage 3G; iPhone
I bought my original Kindle 3 Wifi in Aug 2010. It is still working fine, as far as I know, because I gave it to my granddaughter last July. She hasn't mentioned any problems.

My 3G was purchased in July 2011 and is still trucking along. Only problem I noticed was power drain in one of my non-lighted cases. The Kindle itself still lasts for a long time on one charge.
RDaneel54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5 Paperwhite and a Simple touch Nook
Mine will be a year in June and I have none of the problems. Although sometimes the charging light never switches to green once its charged, but that's a minor irritation. No complaints thus far.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote