Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Eures
Eures began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Blank collections column

After reinstalling of the Kindle Collections plugin some books shows now not to belong to any collection more (in Calibre's device view the collections column field is blank), but just a few day ago for the same books the collections were correctly showed.
This occurs only with some books that was alredy on the Kindle, with new books all seems to work normally...
Eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
Eures

To be more precise, this is the circumstance:

1. I recovered the entire system partition (backup datum 3. February) with Calibre installed, without the Kindle Collections plugin;

2. I reinstalled the Kindle Collections plugin.

Then about 10 books of 60 on the Kindle were displayed without collection.

I don't know wich books were on the Kindle before or after 3 February, with or without the Kindle Collections plugin installed, but perhaps the plugin it self has any responsability, since I think that the collections are displayed with or without the Kindle Collections plugin installed...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
Eures

For example, the Amazon.com welcome letter + the Kindle User's Guide, that are the very first books on the Kindle, that I put inside the collection "Amazon stuff", now are displayed without collection...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Question Never figured it out either

Hi
I gave up on that a long time ago.
Never figured it out. Could be related to K3 firmware, Calibre versions, but ..

Instead I created a Custom column i Calibre, shown in library view, and then use the K Collections plugin to import Collection info into that column.
This is good enough for me, since all my eBooks on my K3 are also in Calibre library.

You can read more about that here:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...99&postcount=1
It's hidden and not as easy to find as it used to be, but...
In the section "Create Collections on your Kindle automatically using Calibre data" click the Show button, subsection "Import Collections to Calibre from your Kindle", click the show button, and just follow the instructions.

Hope this helps you.
If you figure out how to also get this Collection info into the Calibre Device view, PLEASE let us all know how to do it.

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Eures

Hi Per and hi all, I noticed the shortcoming occurs somehow by deleting (Library and Device) and uploading again the same file (eventually modified).
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Sergio