Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #376
Komandor
Komandor began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
And there will be always people buying stuff because they just can't wait to be disappointed ...
LOL. Good one. I promise, I won't be that stupid next time
Komandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #377
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
NEW UPDATE W0000000TTTTT

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burgandy.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	83291

Everybody, i have a very special announcement to make.....

I just received an e-mail with the new update! I'm in school and then i have work after so I'll get to it tonight and write about it either tomorrow or the following day!!

EDIT: And @PF4Mobile i will obv get to all your concerns
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #378
por
Zealot
por began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Attachment 83291

I just received an e-mail with the new update! I'm in school and then i have work after so I'll get to it tonight and write about it either tomorrow or the following day!!

Great news!

Will you be able to upload the .bin file somewhere?

Maybe they send updates according to the data of purchase
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #379
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
Attachment 83291

This sounds like a Jewish telegram: "Start worrying. Details to follow in a letter."

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 03-02-2012 at 10:19 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #380
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
Can anyone tell me how the stylus works?
Is it just a magnet on a stick, a stick with batteries in, does it have a tip that retracts as you press it against the screen? Does it leave scratches on the screen as you write something?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #381
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
There is an article in the wiki about Wacom stylus.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #382
LeftyRight
LeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Looking forward to reading your opinions on the new firmware LuBiB.

cheers

LeftyRight
LeftyRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:58 AM   #383
andyh2000
Fanatic
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Xperia Mini phone / Kindle 4 Black
Yeah come on LuBiB, you seem to be the only person in the world who's got it so far. Just a quick photo of scribbles would do for now.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #384
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
This sounds like a Jewish telegram: "Start worrying. Details to follow in a letter."
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #385
por
Zealot
por began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX M92
I think LuBiB is an Ectaco undercover agent and there is no new firmware yet
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #386
andyh2000
Fanatic
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Xperia Mini phone / Kindle 4 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
I think LuBiB is an Ectaco undercover agent and there is no new firmware yet
The thought had crossed my mind...

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #387
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I will call to Ectaco on Monday to check the date when new firmware will be available.
Do you really think Ectaco people read this forum?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #388
Komandor
Komandor began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Color
Maybe they do, but it's not going to make that company any better.
Komandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #389
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
I have the impression that they do,and so far I think it does make them better (like for instance their change in attitude towards the white only jetbook. Now they're more open minded for a darker one, due to the background being portrayed much darker because of the contrast with the white frame.

One of the fruits of our conversations!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #390
schoko1
schoko1 began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook color
Hello folks!

As far as i understood this conversations, there is only one JBC user here posting about the device?
Here is another one!

I just want to provide you with infos, i think i haven´t read here.

I own the device for nearly 3 weeks.
One of the first things i noticed was, that the screen is not "deleted" every page turn.
(you see parts of the last page in light grey). It seems to me that the page gets fully
refreshed only every (4?) page turns.
Maybe this should be a speed up.

Before i bought the device i emailed with ectaco.
(Asking about the features, possibilities i cant find clearly described).
At the first tryout I was disappointed,because there wasn't a browser installed.
And there was no feature to install or deinstall device-software.
Because they wrote:

Quote:
It will be possible to uninstall software even though you may never know when you’ll need to come across it J

We are working on having the highlighting feature available to most formats, but that info will only be available in about 2 weeks.

The browser being used is Opera as it’s fast and we have plans for adding some amazing features using them.

Regarding the volume of these devices, i got also an info from ectaco:
Quote:
The jetbook Color just began shipping this week and we oversold 6x the anticipated pre-order amount.
and the next email(I asked for shipping via germany, because of taxes):
Quote:
Shipping will either be from Germany or the US depending on availability. I know we sent 200 units to Germany and they were all gone because of the pre-orders in that area.
If i understood these right, they have sold 1200 to this area (germany)?

I haven´t received the firmware update yet.

cheers
schoko
schoko1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review