Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
rjh007
rjh007 began at the beginning.

Device: Glaxay note 10.1
Cool Planning to downgrade back to Dingo from Ermine

Dear All

Recently I took the plunge and upgraded my EE 2.0 to Ermine 0.9. I agree the tablet side of the system works beautifully. However, the camera doesn't work and I have the Hibernation issue. The fixes/work around's for the hibernation just do not work more than once for my system and it is proving to be a pain.

More importantly the reader side of the tablet works great except for writing/ annotations. I seem to have a 1 to 1.5 inch strip down the middle of the instrument that you cannot write on!! Makes note taking impossible and this is an important function for me.

So I have decided to regress back to dingo 1.6. I have the files and I am making a backup of my library now.

However before I start has anybody got any advise not previously reported on this forum for the downgrade?? I have seen several thread where the downgrade failed and the system !@$#$ so I am a trifle anxious, so any advise would be gratefully received

thanks in advance

RJH007
rjh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh007 View Post
Dear All

Recently I took the plunge and upgraded my EE 2.0 to Ermine 0.9. I agree the tablet side of the system works beautifully. However, the camera doesn't work and I have the Hibernation issue. The fixes/work around's for the hibernation just do not work more than once for my system and it is proving to be a pain.

More importantly the reader side of the tablet works great except for writing/ annotations. I seem to have a 1 to 1.5 inch strip down the middle of the instrument that you cannot write on!! Makes note taking impossible and this is an important function for me.

So I have decided to regress back to dingo 1.6. I have the files and I am making a backup of my library now.

However before I start has anybody got any advise not previously reported on this forum for the downgrade?? I have seen several thread where the downgrade failed and the system !@$#$ so I am a trifle anxious, so any advise would be gratefully received

thanks in advance

RJH007

Before you throw in the towel on Ermine you may want to try downloading the Update File from another source and try it again. This is a pretty big file and who knows what could have happened during the download process. The 1 inch strip down the middle of the journal is not typical. Ermine was released as a Beta. However, Dingo 1.6 is guaranteed to work.

If you are committed to the downgrade, the best advice I can give is to follow the instructions provided by Entourage which are attached to the bottom of my Resource Sticky. I haven't downgraded so I don't know any specific advice to give. I do know you can downgrade to Dingo 1.13 which is a complete reformat of the Edge and then you can upgrade to Dingo 1.6 from there. I believe other users have downgraded directly to Dingo 1.6 with success.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I don't have any problems with hibernation or writing in the journal on my full size Edge, although I still look like a martian when using the camera. I'm not sure why I don't have problems with hibernation, but I suspect different hardware components may have been used depending on when the Edge was manufactured.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-24-2011 at 12:03 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
eemad
eemad began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
hi obsessed2 i have a new ee and tried to upgrade it to 2.2 but wrongly used PE intruction and now seem to brick it.what should i do now please.
eemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
eemad:
I wonder how comes that so many people do not read carefully instructions before to upgrade / perform operations with firmware.

----
rjh007:
I've never had whatsoever trouble with ereader and annotations since I've upgraded to Ermine. Just the hassle of some browser random crash during navigation, tablet side. Annotation is more fluid for me.

On the contrary, on the Pocket Edge, annotation was a little bit better with Dingo 1.13, although sometimes the stylus used to draw non precise lines.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
eemad
eemad began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
dear all

yes, made a mistake but still more importantly - please help, need help to make the EE wake up!!!!!!!!!
eemad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dingo, downgrade, ermine