Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
nycblkboy
nycblkboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle with keayboard.
I want to sync 2 Kindles.

I have one of the new Kindles. Along with he older Kindle with a keyboard. Both have ads. Both Kindles are mine and I only read one at a time. Why 2 kindles you might ask? Sound. That is the only reason. Some times I want to just listen to a book but when I go out I want the smaller compact one. Sometimes when I reach for one it doesn't have the current book I'm reading.

Here is my problem:
I want to sync the books from each to each other through Calibre. I know how to update bookmarks, positions and Kindle books from amazon.. But i have thousands of books in Calibre. I want to just have a main one and plug the other it an it knows what should be on it and syncs it.

So far I have just been plugging in each one individually, converting the books and doing the same for the other one.

Is there anyway to automate this? Thanks for all your help
nycblkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not quite sure if it is what you want, but the Reading List plugin allows you to maintain a list of books to be synced per device. If you want a book on both devices you can add it to both device's list.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard. calibre, kindle, sync