|01-15-2009, 11:22 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Device: Kindle Touch, PW, Fire HD, iPad 3, iPhone 4, Samsung Tab 2 7 + More
Book Uploads Posting Guidelines
1. This forum section is for book uploads only, the only exceptions being contributions to the "Sticky" topics at the start of the forum. Any message thread that is not an upload will be moved elsewhere or deleted, as the moderators deem appropriate. The moderators of this forum section are currently Alex Turcic and myself, HarryT.
2. When you upload, you must use a message subject of the form:
Author_surname, Author_firstname (or initials): Book_title. Version. Posting Date
Wells, H.G.: The War of the Worlds. v1. 11 Apr 2007
The reason for this is that the thread title is automatically "parsed" to generate the index of eBooks.
3. Please attach your book to the first message in the thread. If you subsequently revise it, edit the first message and re-attach the revised book there, adding a message to the end of the thread to note that you've done so, and saying what the changes are.
4. If you are considering creating a particular eBook, please check before you start whether or not that book has already been uploaded to MobileRead (this can be done by clicking the "E-Books" link on the blue bar near the top of the screen, selecting the "Browse Latest Uploads" option, then selecting the "Search E-Books" link and entering either the title or the author into the search box). If you find that the book has already been uploaded, you are very welcome to upload a new version provided that it "adds" something different to the version already present - this might be a better layout, a new format, significant proof-reading and correction, proper dashes or "curly quotes", for example. If this is the case, when you upload your new version, please add a link to the earlier version (or simply say who the uploader was), and state in the description of your book how it differs from the earlier version.
5. Please respect copyrights, and don't post (or request) anything that's not in the public domain in at least one of the major public domain book collections - eg "Project Gutenberg" (PG) or "Project Gutenberg Australia" - without the clear advance permission of the copyright holder. Any material that clearly infringes copyright will immediately be deleted. Please notify one of the moderators immediately via private message if you believe that an upload does violate copyright.
6. Uploads here should add some notable "value" to a PG (or whatever) original (for example: nice reformatting, artwork, a TOC, footnotes, etc etc). There's really no point in posting here something which which a poster can get from the original source in two minutes.
Currently proofreading The Poison Belt, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
|02-26-2012, 04:43 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Eine Bitte an die deutschen Buchgestaltungsexperten:
Bitte tragt Euer Buch auch in diesen Beitrag ein:
damit wir diese Tabelle
aktuell halten können. Vielen Dank!
Keep on reading in the free world!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|General Book Uploads Posting Guidelines||HarryT||Upload Help||20||03-02-2011 12:26 PM|
|Book Uploads Posting Guidelines||HarryT||Other Books||19||07-13-2009 06:52 AM|
|Book Uploads Posting Guidelines||HarryT||BBeB/LRF Books||22||12-03-2008 03:29 PM|
|Book Uploads Posting Guidelines||HarryT||Mobi/PRC Books||26||08-13-2008 07:35 AM|
|Book Uploads Posting Guidelines||HarryT||IMP Books||12||02-21-2008 07:09 PM|