Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Kindle Source Catalog

I am creating a catalog of all the Amazon source bundles released as of 2/18/2012.

After nearly a decade since the prototype of this script was published in the ABS guide, I decided to publish it for general use.

Those who wish to read a large Bash script can find the source here:
http://hg.minimodding.com/repos/cats/shacat.hg/
"hg clone" will get you your own copy.

I will post the actual catalog file(s) as soon as the script finishes fondling the Amazon gigabytes.

May even describe the record format - not that anyone ever RTFM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Catalog Record layout

I find it hard to believe that I haven't written this up somewhere on the web already, oh well, here goes.

The raw records are one, single line, record per file.

The first field is the sha1 sum of the file;
The second field is the volume ID (in this case: "Kindle");
Which is followed by one or more fields delimited by "|";
The last field is the path and filename which was checksumed in the first field.

The (variable number) of fields between the volume ID and the last field are "containers" (usually archives).

Here a (short) example, with the single line broken for posting at "|" :

The "poor man's query tool" for this database, grep:
Code:
knoppix:cat$ grep 'udev/rules.d/60' Amazon_2012.02.18_sha1.cat | sort
Which results in a sorted list of the matching udev rules in all Amazon source code releases.

Code:
7748689817fdd946e73e31b703a40f421249646a  Kindle|
sha1sum and volume id

Code:
/kdx/Kindle_src_2.1.1_351050064.tar.gz|/gplrelease/udev-112.tar.bz2|
volume path and file name (a compressed archive)
which in turn contains another compressed archive
which in turn contains this file (the one that was sha1sum'd):

Code:
/udev-112/etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules
Which serves the needs of a developer who is wondering: "which models/releases use this identical framebuffer driver".

All that person needs to do is invent a grep expression and ask. ;-)

Note:
My dream was to import these catalogs into an MySQL database, but I have
been running this script for nearly ten years now and not 'gotten around to it' yet.

The record format is such that it can be imported into OpenOffice and searched there as a spreadsheet based database.
(and from there, OpenOffice could populate a for-real database).

As I write, the script is approaching the 1 1/2 million record mark, still running.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Catalog Run Results

After:
Quote:
real 451m52.459s
user 43m26.090s
sys 208m12.542s
And the generation of:
Quote:
2620319 Amazon_2012.02.18_sha1.cat
records.

There where five archives that did not get included in the catalog:
Code:
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/taglib-1.5.XWK/gplresults /taglib-1.5.tar.bz2 /taglib-1.5.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/taglib-1.5.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/taglib-1.5.XWK/gplresults/taglib-1.5.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/taglib-1.5.XWK/gplresults/taglib-1.5.tar.bz2: bzip2 compressed data, block size = 900k
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults /libltdl.tar.bz2 /libltdl.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2: empty
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK/gplresults /DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2 /DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK/gplresults/DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK/gplresults/DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2: bzip2 compressed data, block size = 900k
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults /libltdl.tar.bz2 /libltdl.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2_572340009.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2: empty
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults /libltdl.tar.bz2 /libltdl.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2.1_576290015.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2: empty
A common cause of those sorts of failure messages is that the file is not actually a bz2 compressed file, regardless of its name extension.

Five errors in 2 1/2 million files - I can live with that.
At least it qualifies as better than a WAFG as to what was released.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Raw Catalog

Here is where to grab a copy of the original, raw, catalog:
http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/cats/A..._sha1.cat.lzma

If there is a MySQL addict in the group that would like to help putting these records into a decent, normalized, database - PM me.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Actual, worked example query and result

Here is a for-real query made to answer a development question, the results are in the post attachment, showing for-real record examples:
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=10
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
OpenOffice Catalog Examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The record format is such that it can be imported into OpenOffice and searched there as a spreadsheet based database.
(and from there, OpenOffice could populate a for-real database).
I provided the sha1 catalog file in OpenOffice format for each of the source bundles I mirrored here: http://mirrors.minimodding.com
Pick any entry on that index page for an example of the mirrored source bundles.
Click any *.ods entry and it should just open in your spreadsheet application.

Most of those bundles have both a short, summary catalog and the full catalog.
All of them a lot smaller than the 2 1/2 million record Amazon catalog.

Last edited by knc1; 02-23-2012 at 10:46 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
idoit
Plus
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
idoit's Avatar
 
Posts: 365
Karma: 262144
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tehran, Iran - Halifax, Canada
Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I am creating a catalog of all the Amazon source bundles released as of 2/18/2012.

After nearly a decade since the prototype of this script was published in the ABS guide, I decided to publish it for general use.

Those who wish to read a large Bash script can find the source here:
http://hg.minimodding.com/repos/cats/shacat.hg/
"hg clone" will get you your own copy.

I will post the actual catalog file(s) as soon as the script finishes fondling the Amazon gigabytes.

May even describe the record format - not that anyone ever RTFM.

first non-knc1 poster here!
Can you please explain what this is all about, what is the purpose and use of it (like a very hands-on intro), all I perceive from it that it seems interesting but in all honesty I have close-to-0 clue what it is at all!!! Thanks dude.
idoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
first non-knc1 poster here!
Can you please explain what this is all about, what is the purpose and use of it (like a very hands-on intro), all I perceive from it that it seems interesting but in all honesty I have close-to-0 clue what it is at all!!! Thanks dude.
Yes, I spend a lot of time, talking to myself in the corner.

You ask a good question - the "what is it good for" is not exactly obvious.
I will continue to post links to worked examples so people can get a feel for what/when/why to use it.

When trying to develop something that works across all models/system-versions -
One of the first things a developer needs to know is if support for that feature was present in the orginal source code used by the vendor.

(Which does not mean it was included in any particular build, but if it isn't there to start with...)

The currently linked to example uses in posts show -

There where two versions of udev (the hotplug notification system used in the builds) used in the system.
Now the developer knows (or can check for) if what they plan to do was supported by both versions.

When working with the display (across models/system-versions) it can become important to know if the same eink driver was used in all the machines.
(It wasn't)
Now the developer knows what to check into to see if whatever they are doing will work with all versions of the driver.

It has a lot of other uses, but like a baby, it is hard to see what it might be good for in the long run.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
first non-knc1 poster here!
Can you please explain what this is all about, what is the purpose and use of it (like a very hands-on intro), all I perceive from it that it seems interesting but in all honesty I have close-to-0 clue what it is at all!!! Thanks dude.
Oh, I missed the chance for a brag -

Ever want to do "Declarative Programming"?
Ever want to do it in Bash?

Look at the script - it has a "Declarative Progamming" engine in it and this utitlity uses that to "solve" the problem of opening any combination of compressed files and archives.
Like that baby, it "learns as it goes" (and also remembers to record how to clean up after itself).

Don't be side-tracked by all the supporting functions - the entire program is three (3!) lines - just ignore the first 1200 lines or so of supporting functions, look at the bottom of the file.
To which I added a couple of lines to give a nice dump of all the problems encountered.

That is how it got into the ABS Guide back in 2003 (possibly dropped in newer versions).
It was a "Declarative Programming" extension to my chapter on using Bash arrays.

Last edited by knc1; 02-23-2012 at 01:51 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
After:
There where five archives that did not get included in the catalog:
Code:
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/taglib-1.5.XWK/gplresults /taglib-1.5.tar.bz2 /taglib-1.5.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/taglib-1.5.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/taglib-1.5.XWK/gplresults/taglib-1.5.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/taglib-1.5.XWK/gplresults/taglib-1.5.tar.bz2: bzip2 compressed data, block size = 900k
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults /libltdl.tar.bz2 /libltdl.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2: empty
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK/gplresults /DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2 /DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK/gplresults/DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/DirectFB-1.2.0.XWK/gplresults/DirectFB-1.2.0.tar.bz2: bzip2 compressed data, block size = 900k
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults /libltdl.tar.bz2 /libltdl.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2_572340009.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2: empty
expand_tar_bz2 /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults /libltdl.tar.bz2 /libltdl.XWK Kindle\|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2.1_576290015.tar.gz\|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2\|/gplresults
	Unable to extract compressed tar:  /mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
	 bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly; 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows. bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout) It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted. You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files. You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover data from undamaged sections of corrupted files. /bin/tar: Child returned status 2 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
	/mnt/md4/Builds/Kindle/work/libltdl.XWK/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2: empty
Three bad archive files - the Q.A. department at Amazon released the same broken archive in three different source bundles.
Code:
knoppix:cat$ grep '/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2' Amazon_2012.02.18_sha1.cat
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709  Kindle|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2|/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709  Kindle|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2_572340009.tar.gz|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2|/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709  Kindle|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2.1_576290015.tar.gz|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2|/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
Supplement file RSN - maybe late tomorrow - I work a lot slower than my A.I. script does.

Last edited by knc1; 02-23-2012 at 04:45 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Three bad archive files - the Q.A. department at Amazon released the same broken archive in three different source bundles.
Code:
knoppix:cat$ grep '/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2' Amazon_2012.02.18_sha1.cat
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709  Kindle|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.1_558700031.tar.gz|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2|/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709  Kindle|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2_572340009.tar.gz|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2|/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709  Kindle|/kkbrd/Kindle_src_3.2.1_576290015.tar.gz|/gplrelease/libltdl.tar.bz2|/gplresults/libltdl.tar.bz2
Supplement file RSN - maybe late tomorrow - I work a lot slower than my A.I. script does.
Not going to get anything out of those files - zero length:
Code:
root:gplresults$ ls -l
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 61967 502 0 Feb  9  2011 libltdl.tar.bz2
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
knc1's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,444
Karma: 5840130
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Too many.
Recovered archive records

There where five archives not included in the main catalog due to errors.

Of those five, three where empty files (say "thanks, Amazon Q.A.").

Of the other two, I was able to recover 2 of 3 bzip2 blocks and 5 of 6 bzip2 blocks.

This suppliment to the main catalog is posted along side of the main catalog, here:
http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/cats/

Keep in mind that if you don't find a file listed in these additional records, it does not mean it was never there, it may have been left behind on the floor of the Amazon Q.A. department.

(In the main catalog - if you don't find it - it was never there - with the exception of these five archives.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Catalog locking up Kindle Touch Cynnamin Library Management 8 03-12-2012 10:41 PM
Mobi catalog for kindle Noughty Library Management 4 02-10-2012 02:31 PM
mobi catalog = periodical, ePub catalog = book trekchick Library Management 7 03-12-2011 01:11 PM
Kindle Catalog Application? davidfv Kindle Developer's Corner 1 12-31-2010 04:45 PM
Catalog causes Kindle to lock up deb27 Library Management 6 12-01-2010 07:02 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.