Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #31
blueeyes
blueeyes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
how do i get my kobo to down load from ellora's cave step please by step my kobo 4 days old. any easy way to some free ebooks {like the cave?} thanks from blueeyes in P.E.I. CANADA
blueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 AM   #32
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Welcome blueeyes. I took a brief look at Ellora's Cave and it seems that they do not have ePUB books (the format Kobo uses best, PDF's being problematic without reflow). You can though download the html versions and then convert them into ePUBs using Calibre. They can then be put onto your Kobo reader. There is no 2 second step by step, so take a look at the Calibre forum, download the program, read the guide etc. If this is too difficult, download the PDF versions, use the Kobo horizontally and see if that is good enough.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #33
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
blueeyes

Welcome to mobileread ....

Free books available, follow the links in my signature line.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #34
roseprose
roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony prs-950 daily edition
Mucho thanks to all. Now this noodnik newbie is excited to find e-books!
roseprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #35
Bookbee
Bookbee began at the beginning.

Device: jasondavis
Also, EbookAnt.com
Bookbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #36
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
a good list of links: http://kindlehome.wordpress.com/2011...indlelinks/#13
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 AM   #37
rpatter
rpatter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3; Samsung Galaxy S
Thank you, great info.
rpatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #38
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Is there an ebook-search-with-geographic-restrictions-marked engine out there? ie, I search for '"terry pratchett" available: Australia'. Or is that sort of information just too ridiculously difficult to get hold of automatically? (God knows it's hard enough to get manually, at times!)
My site http://luzme.com has separate searches for Australia, as well as Canada, the UK, and the USA.

I'll be adding some other European countries soon.

Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #39
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Is there an MR-compiled list, like for Libraries etc.. ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #40
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Is there an MR-compiled list, like for Libraries etc.. ?
Not that I am aware of. There are some listed in the wiki under e-book stores near the bottom but there is not a dedicated page but of course it is a wiki so there is no reason there couldn't be. There is also a page on a Unified ebook search engine.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #41
T.D.02809
Enthusiast
T.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen WiFi, Kindle App for MAC
Search Engine seeker

CALIBRE has a feature where you enter the book name and it will conduct a massive search covering Google Books, Sony, KOBO, Amazon, B&N, Waterstones, and many others. There is a list from which you can select where to search. It is worth looking at since it will come up with a list that allows you to connect to the site where it is for sale or , not sure about this, which library. I hope this answers the question I think is being asked.
T.D.02809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #42
rigiweb
rigiweb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
I remember a site someone gave me where you searched a book, and it found all the places you could buy it, and for what devices. I found it to be useful for Sony books, but can't remember what the site was.

Also, if anyone has any really good places to search for books that work on the sony readers that have other choices aside from sony's store, pleas elet me know.

Thanks in advance!
Everyone should have Calibre: http://calibre-ebook.com/download
rigiweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #43
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quick update on my site http://luzme.com, I added a Watchlist feature recently which has been getting some good feedback. Basically if the book is too expensive right now, add it to your watchlist on Luzme, and I'll mail you when the price drops below the limit you've set.
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #44
wpcreader
wpcreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
EBOOK Finder:

http://www.moreofit.com/

I just discovered this website which list ebook sources [500] at a time. Just enter the url of your favorite ebook website and "moreofit" will provide a list of up to 500 similar websites. The list can then be narrowed by many different sub-categories. I believe this will be a great resource.
wpcreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #45
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantdeakin View Post
Found a site based in Indonesia for eBooks in all the main formats. They claim to access 2nd Hand eBooks, but I do not now about this! But, I do know their eBooks are clean, well formated and very cheap. Prepared to pay for an eBook that isn't a crap scanned and text recognised, proorly formatted, hard to read 5th rate eBook. Reading should be joyful.
Second hand ebooks? Yeah right...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote