Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
mewmartigan
Fanatic
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I was never a fan of Uplift although I thought Sundiver was okay.
I really liked Earth and I am looking forward to Existence.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #17
Quelch
Zealot
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch hers, Nexus 7 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengar View Post
B.V. Larson's Star Force series. I dont think I have ever read books so fast. I cant put it down.
Just acquired the four books of the Star Force series by B.V. Larson

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be busy for a while so wont be posting in this thread
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
A4-
Connoisseur
A4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheeseA4- can extract oil from cheese

Device: iRex iLiad v2
The best on my 'finished reading' list that fit this topic:

Taylor, Travis S -'04- Warp Speed series
Ringo, John -'10- Troy Rising series
Varley, John -'03- Red 1 - Red Thunder
A4- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
Quelch
Zealot
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch hers, Nexus 7 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4- View Post
The best on my 'finished reading' list that fit this topic:

Taylor, Travis S -'04- Warp Speed series
Ringo, John -'10- Troy Rising series
Varley, John -'03- Red 1 - Red Thunder
Word of mouth is the best advertising (or word of keyboard)
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll add them to my eReader

Last edited by Quelch; 02-16-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Grammar
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #20
Giggleton
Suspended
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I thought the unincorporated man was pretty good. Haven't started the sequel yet though. I especially liked the novel's description of virtual reality and its effect on the culture.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
I thought the unincorporated man was pretty good. Haven't started the sequel yet though. I especially liked the novel's description of virtual reality and its effect on the culture.
I know you like to pretend that nothing is ever created and books don't really have "creators" and all that other grand hoo-ha... but for the rest of us mortals, knowing the name of the author comes in quite handy at times. So for anyone who might be following along... The Unincorporated Man was written by brothers Dani and Eytan Kollin.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #22
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
Ugh, I was not a fan. the main idea of that book (selling shares in yourself) was far more interesting than the clumsy execution; dull characters, only a surface level exploration of the main idea (what about shareholder meetings? shareholder opression remedies? Shareholder elected boards of directors?) and long sections of monologue instead of conversation or action. Plus the main character was a total Mary Sue.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote