Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
lnmumu
lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lnmumu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony reader 950
sending PDF files to Sony Reader 950

I have a mac 0s x 10.6. I want to use my Sony Reader 950 to read PDF files.
I see the place to set up the Sony reader Library, but I only want to buy books from Amazon and read PDF files using Caliber. I have the Reader plugged into my Mac now, but it says only that charging is complete. There is no way for me to browse into my Mac and connect with Caliber. What should I do? Caliber is installed.
lnmumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnmumu View Post
I have a mac 0s x 10.6. I want to use my Sony Reader 950 to read PDF files.
I see the place to set up the Sony reader Library, but I only want to buy books from Amazon and read PDF files using Caliber. I have the Reader plugged into my Mac now, but it says only that charging is complete. There is no way for me to browse into my Mac and connect with Caliber. What should I do? Caliber is installed.
Calibre runs on the MAC, not the Sony

MAC's can view PDF without Calibre installed

The Sony 950 reads PDF files without Calibre conversion

Calibre is a Library manager. You use Calibre to Collect your books into a single library and organize them, and to send selected titles to your device.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caliber, os x 10.6, sony reader daily edition