Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #256
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy318 View Post
Plugin idea: browser for Project Gutenberg, with a one click "Import into library" button when viewing a book.
This already exists under the Get Books icon. Go to Project Gutenberg via Get books, read whatever book you like. If you want to add it to your library go to the download book link and download the version you want and it will be added directly to your library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #257
burbleburble
Connoisseur
burbleburble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
It occurred to me that there is as of yet no plugin for uploading/posting books.

Let's say someone wants to post a book on Gutenberg.

Or, as many people clearly do, upload it to megaupload/rapidshare/etc. and then post in bolt.org or warez-bb, etc. (This is not inherently illegal, as long as the book isn't copyrighted...)

It would save so much time if there were 'recipes' for uploading to different sites and creating posts from the book-cover, description, title, name, etc.

(I would do it myself, but all my spare programming time right now is spent working on an eBookCleaner program.)

I'm suprised no ones done it yet...
burbleburble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #258
noisy
noisy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
My idea is simply...

Input:

Two this same books in different languages.

Example for English, Polish and Steve Jobs biography

[English]:
Quote:
In the early summer of 2004, I got a phone call from him. He had been scattershot friendly to me over the years, with occasional bursts of intensity, especially when he was launching a new product that he wanted on the cover of Time or featured on CNN, places where I'd worked. But now that I was no longer at either of those places, I hadn't heard from him much. We talked a bit about the Aspen Institute, which I had recently joined, and I invited him to speak at our summer campus in Colorado. He'd be happy to come, he said, but not to be onstage. He wanted, instead, to take a walk so we could talk.

[Polish]:

Quote:
Wczesnym latem 2004 roku zadzwonił do mnie Steve Jobs. W ciągu minionych lat miał do mnie stosunek niedbale przyjazny, a nasza znajomość od czasu do czasu zyskiwała na intensywności, zwłaszcza wtedy, gdy Steve wprowadzał na rynek jakiś nowy produkt i chciał, by trafił on na okładkę „Time’a” albo został przedstawiony w CNN – w obu tych miejscach zdarzyło mi się bowiem pracować. Jednak od czasu, kiedy stamtąd odszedłem, nie odzywał się do mnie zbyt często. Porozmawialiśmy trochę o Aspen Institute, do którego ostatnio dołączyłem, po czym poprosiłem go, by wygłosił przemówienie na naszym letnim obozie w Colorado. Odparł, że z przyjemnością przyjedzie, ale nie wystąpi na scenie. Zamiast tego chciał wybrać się ze mną na spacer, abyśmy mogli spokojnie porozmawiać.

Output:

One book, which contain mixed pairs of sentences from each book.

Example:

Quote:

In the early summer of 2004, I got a phone call from him. He had been scattershot friendly to me over the years, with occasional bursts of intensity, especially when he was launching a new product that he wanted on the cover of Time or featured on CNN, places where I'd worked.

Wczesnym latem 2004 roku zadzwonił do mnie Steve Jobs. W ciągu minionych lat miał do mnie stosunek niedbale przyjazny, a nasza znajomość od czasu do czasu zyskiwała na intensywności, zwłaszcza wtedy, gdy Steve wprowadzał na rynek jakiś nowy produkt i chciał, by trafił on na okładkę „Time’a” albo został przedstawiony w CNN – w obu tych miejscach zdarzyło mi się bowiem pracować.

But now that I was no longer at either of those places, I hadn't heard from him much.

Jednak od czasu, kiedy stamtąd odszedłem, nie odzywał się do mnie zbyt często.

We talked a bit about the Aspen Institute, which I had recently joined, and I invited him to speak at our summer campus in Colorado.

Porozmawialiśmy trochę o Aspen Institute, do którego ostatnio dołączyłem, po czym poprosiłem go, by wygłosił przemówienie na naszym letnim obozie w Colorado.

He'd be happy to come, he said, but not to be onstage.

Odparł, że z przyjemnością przyjedzie, ale nie wystąpi na scenie.

He wanted, instead, to take a walk so we could talk.

Zamiast tego chciał wybrać się ze mną na spacer, abyśmy mogli spokojnie porozmawiać.

How this could be done? Most translations contains this same number of sentences. In most languages sentences ends with period, question mark or exclamation mark, what can be used for splitting texts..

This will be great for learning languages!

In advance Options this could generate one book from more than two languages!
noisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #259
bigbird1227
Enthusiast
bigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle 3
I would like to see in the tag browser a "date" column by published date that can show stats by either month or year -
bigbird1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #260
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
A plug in that compares 2 libraries for duplicates. I keep a master library that I have on a large portable drive but I also have a seperate library of books that are kept on a flash drive. There are times that I only have the flash drive and/or the portable hard drive so the books go directly on whichever I have at the time. I know there are duplications and I want to maintain the master library with everything on it without copying everything from the flash drive and then weeding through the duplicates.
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #261
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I'd like a plug in for managing hierarchical tags. Something to make the rules how to make hierarchical tags. For example if a book has tag vampire create a tag Paranormal.Vampire or maybe even something like this Genre.Paranormal.Character.Vampire, Genre.Paranormal.Character.Wizard etc.
If a book has Contemporary and Detective add it to Contemporary.Detective.

Now you need to add tags like Paranormal.Vampire manually and any new book will not have correct tags. Unless there is a way and I don't know it.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 AM   #262
PhM
PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecdc7731 View Post
A plug in that compares 2 libraries for duplicates. I keep a master library that I have on a large portable drive but I also have a seperate library of books that are kept on a flash drive. There are times that I only have the flash drive and/or the portable hard drive so the books go directly on whichever I have at the time. I know there are duplications and I want to maintain the master library with everything on it without copying everything from the flash drive and then weeding through the duplicates.
I am doing that all the time. I also have a master library on my desktop and a copy on a portable drive. I keep them synchronized outside Calibre, with a general utility (Beyond Compare, but the free Karen Replicator would probably do as well). This works fine provided you do it systematically (ie do not start updating *both* libraries)
PhM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #263
lar3ry
Enthusiast
lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.lar3ry got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo WiFi and Kobo Touch
Kobo "read" to library tag?

In a library, I use a tag to specify I've read a book. When I have my Kobo plugged in, I can see the books I've read. I then go to the library, and mark it 'read' using a tag (I don't use tags for anything else, so far), and I have the GUI set to colour the entry 'red' when there is a 'read' tag.

I find it quite arduous to do this, because I have to either switch back and forth between the device and the library, or write down all the books and switch once, then find each one to enter the 'read' tag.

What I would very much like to see is that when I mark a book 'read', it also marks it 'read' in the library.

Edit to clarify: I would like a way to tell Calibre that I want to mark a book 'read' in the library, while I am looking at it on the device.

I could not find a way to perform this task easily, but I may have missed something. I welcome advice on the best way to go about this.

Larry

Last edited by lar3ry; 01-06-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Clarification
lar3ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #264
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I would love a function to allow me to browse covers in Calibre (like Adobe DE) instead of having all the text. I do realise I can click down but it's not the same.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #265
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
I would love a function to allow me to browse covers in Calibre (like Adobe DE) instead of having all the text. I do realise I can click down but it's not the same.
Click the center icon of three (shortcut shift+alt+b) next to Jobs in the lower right of calibre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	1158
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	80879  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #266
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Click the center icon of three (shortcut shift+alt+b) next to Jobs in the lower right of calibre.
Thank you, I was searching all through the settings but couldn't find it - trust me to miss an obvious button!
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #267
naarcissus
naarcissus began at the beginning.

Device: none
ComicInfo.xml

Would like to see a plugin to import ComicRack metadata from CBZ, CBR, CB7, etc.

Then, if possible, to export data into a ComicInfo.xml [probably not fea$able for the proprietary CBR(RAR) format]

An example ComicInfo.xml I made by filling in all the possible info in ComicRack:
Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ComicInfo xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <Title>The Title</Title>
  <Series>Some Series</Series>
  <Number>3</Number>
  <Count>10</Count>
  <Volume>6</Volume>
  <AlternateSeries>Alt Series or Storyline Title</AlternateSeries>
  <AlternateNumber>5</AlternateNumber>
  <AlternateCount>6</AlternateCount>
  <Summary>Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor sit amet, ante. Donec eu libero sit amet quam egestas semper. Aenean ultricies mi vitae est. Mauris placerat eleifend leo. Quisque sit amet est et sapien ullamcorper pharetra. Vestibulum erat wisi, condimentum sed, commodo vitae, ornare sit amet, wisi. Aenean fermentum, elit eget tincidunt condimentum, eros ipsum rutrum orci, sagittis tempus lacus enim ac dui. Donec non enim in turpis pulvinar facilisis. Ut felis. Praesent dapibus, neque id cursus faucibus, tortor neque egestas augue, eu vulputate magna eros eu erat. Aliquam erat volutpat. Nam dui mi, tincidunt quis, accumsan porttitor, facilisis luctus, metus</Summary>
  <Notes>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
   Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
   Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.</Notes>
  <Year>2012</Year>
  <Month>1</Month>
  <Writer>Writer Doe</Writer>
  <Penciller>John Penciller</Penciller>
  <Inker>Inker Smith</Inker>
  <Colorist>Jane Colorist</Colorist>
  <Letterer>Letterer Jones</Letterer>
  <CoverArtist>Cove R Artist</CoverArtist>
  <Editor>Editor in Chief</Editor>
  <Publisher>Publisher Publishing Inc.</Publisher>
  <Imprint>Imprint inc</Imprint>
  <Genre>Horror, Sci-fi</Genre>
  <Web>http://comicrack.cyolito.com/</Web>
  <PageCount>9</PageCount>
  <LanguageISO>en</LanguageISO>
  <Format>Magazine</Format>
  <AgeRating>Teen</AgeRating>
  <BlackAndWhite>No</BlackAndWhite>
  <Manga>No</Manga>
  <Characters>Jill, John, Jane, Monster, Mr. Sample,</Characters>
  <Teams>Good Guys, Bad Guys,</Teams>
  <Locations>Somewhere Near, Somewhere Far, Somewhere Else</Locations>
  <ScanInformation>Scanner or Scanlator Info</ScanInformation>
  <Pages>
    <Page Image="0" Bookmark="Page 1" ImageSize="518228" ImageWidth="854" ImageHeight="480" PagePosition="Near" Type="FrontCover" />
    <Page Image="1" ImageSize="175015" ImageWidth="720" ImageHeight="480" Type="InnerCover" />
    <Page Image="2" ImageSize="488604" ImageWidth="854" ImageHeight="480" Type="Roundup" />
    <Page Image="3" ImageSize="94022" ImageWidth="300" ImageHeight="371" />
    <Page Image="4" ImageSize="358671" ImageWidth="854" ImageHeight="480" Type="Advertisement" />
    <Page Image="5" ImageSize="330315" ImageWidth="854" ImageHeight="480" Type="Editorial" />
    <Page Image="6" ImageSize="413156" ImageWidth="854" ImageHeight="480" Type="Letters" />
    <Page Image="7" ImageSize="285483" ImageWidth="720" ImageHeight="480" Type="Preview" />
    <Page Image="8" ImageSize="399987" ImageWidth="1022" ImageHeight="1280" Rotation="Rotate90" Type="BackCover" />
  </Pages>
</ComicInfo>

Supports all kinds of info except, notably, Tags and IDs. Though there is a script (for ComicRack) to export tags to the notes section (so an option for this might be handy).
naarcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #268
lathom
Kindle user
lathom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
IMDB metadata

I know this has been touched on before, but I'd like to ask specifically if any of the wonderful metadata-scraping plugin authors would be willing to create one for imdb.com.

I've tried various other video cataloging apps and keep coming back to how much better calibre is. So I've got my 5,000 entry collection imported and am happily customizing fields, using the great "Search the internet" plugin, etc, etc. The ONLY thing missing is a bulk metadata feature. I'm happy to kick in $20 via paypal if it makes any difference...

Thanks for listening!
-Andy
lathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #269
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
"Reading List" on Any eReader -- The "000" Solution

Hi all,

I'm going to describe how I've been using my eReaders so you guys can tell me if there's already something out there that does the same thing or if I should go ahead with making a plugin to do it. Or you can just call me crazy, I guess.

I read a lot of fanfic, which is very serial, with new updates coming out frequently. Probably +90% of my reading is in these 'new' books. I want to keep all my new or newly updated stories together somewhere easy to find.

I've used 5 different reader devices and programs and the only way I've found to do that, that works across all of them, is to manipulate the story title.

The short version is that I prepend "000 " to the titles of my 'current' books I load them on my eReaders so they're all grouped at the top. (I have a rather ugly set of scripts and tools I've evolved to do this for me and manage my collection.)

With a bit of setup, Reading List can sync my current three eReaders from Calibre relatively painlessly and, with kiwidude's help exposing some APIs for me, FanFictionDownLoader can update the lists automatically.

Now I'm working on the 000 title step.

I already have a (private) version of FanFictionDownLoader that will create/update a copy of the new/updated book with "000 " prepended to the title, and add both to the Reading Lists setup to sync the devices.

(When an epub or mobi is sent to a device, Calibre already changes the title in the metadata being sent. A copy is made because changing the title of the 'source' book causes issues with syncing--the 000 version is orphaned when the title is changed back.)

That's when I realized I've been using the 000 solution for other, non-fanfic books as well. And it occurred to me that rather than rolling it into FanFictionDownLoader perhaps it's something that other people would like to use.

I see such a plugin offering features to:
  • Create a 000 copy of any book(s), add it to configured 'add to device' Reading List(s) and remove if from 'remove from device' Reading List(s).
  • After selecting the 000 or original book(s), remove 000 copy from 'add to device' Reading List(s) and add to 'remove from device' Reading List(s).
  • Show list of the 000 books that have been removed from devices and are no longer needed. Perhaps remove automatically or semi-automatically.
If the 000 title books are offensive to see, they can be hidden with a 'Restrict to'.

Unless there's something better out there I don't know about, this is functionality I will be developing for my own use if nothing else.

The question is, would it be useful to make it available to other people, too. Or is it just too ugly a hack.

Jim
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #270
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Jim - I've read this twice and I still don't understand what it is you are doing

However to answer your last question in the post, yes it does sound like an ugly hack. You should never have a need to be fiddling with the title field in calibre, encouraging people to do so will then break numerous other plugins like metadata download, find duplicates etc.

Since I don't get what you are hoping to achieve I don't know if this is the correct solution for you, but have you looked into metadata plugboards? You don't mention them in your post. They are the "proper" way to manipulate titles when sending to the device without changing them in calibre.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development