|12-17-2011, 03:24 PM||#16|
IOC Chief Archivist
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Goal: To read a lot of books.
First, you can find the complete challenge overviews and tickers at this link to my GR Challenges thread.
UPDATE 9/25/12 - Click on my Reading Challenge link in sig for progress. I'm so far behind on updating this list...
(Format: # Date finished - Title - Author - other info/goal it counts toward)
1. 1/3/12 - The Mill River Recluse - Darcy Chan - Really good book! Counts toward overall total.
2. 1/8/12 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson - Excellent! Counts toward series challenges.
3. 1/12/12 - Small Favor (Dresden Files #10) - Jim Butcher - Another great installment of my favorite series. Counts toward series challenges.
4. 1/13/12 - All I Want... - Isabel Sharpe - Counts toward the Harlequin Decimation Challenge.
5. 1/15/12 - At the Millionaire's Request - Teresa Southwick - Counts toward the Harlequin Decimation Challenge
6. 1/15/12 - Ten Past Midnight - Jane Toombs - Counts toward Kindle Freebie Decimation.
7 - 9. 1/16/12 - Just One Bite Vols 4, 5, 6 - Various - Count toward overall total.
10. 1/17/12 - Having Her Boss's Baby - Susan Mallery - Counts toward Harlequin Decimation Challenge.
11. 1/17/12 - The Engagement Project - Brenda Harlen - Counts toward Harlequin Decimation Challenge.
12. 1/18/12 - Cop On Loan - Jeannie Watt - Harlequin Decimation
13. 1/19/12 - The Farmer Takes a Wife - Barbara Gale - Harlequin Decimation
14. 1/20/12 - Ice Age - Iain Rowan - Kindle Freebie Decimation
15. 1/22/12 - Capturing the Millionaire - Marie Ferrarella - Harlequin Decimation
16. 1/25/12 - I Held My Breath As Long As I Could - Kristopher Kelly - Kindle Freebie Decimation
17. 2/3/12 - The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson - Series challenge
18. 2/10/12 - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson - Completes this Series challenge
19. 2/11/12 - Mastering Chaos - Michelle Marquis - Overall total
20. 2/16/12 - Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) - Jim Butcher - Series Challenge
21. 2/19/12 - The Town - Bentley Little - Overall total
22. 2/23/12 - Wool 1-5 Omnibus - Hugh Howey - Overall total
23. 2/25/12 - Lily & the Lawman - Marie Ferrarella - Harlequin Decimation
24. 3/5/12 - The Resort - Bentley Little - Overall total
25. 3/8/12 - Social Blunders - Tim Sandlin - Series Challenge
Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 09-26-2012 at 12:01 AM.
|12-17-2011, 05:27 PM||#17|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: K3 3G, various Android devices
Goals: (1) Read 20,000 pages - Finished!, (2) Re-read WoT - Finished!
I am going to do my page challenge again - 20,000 pages was about right, so that will be the same for next year. Other than a re-read of the Wheel of Time series in preparation for the final book release (January 2013, goal added in March), I won't be setting any specific books/series goals.
Completed page goal on October 25, 2012 during my re-read of Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan. I will continue tracking though to see where I end up for the year to get a better idea for next year.
Completed re-read goal on December 26, 2012. Ready for A Memory of Light now!
December 31, 2012 - Read 24,204 pages and completed 79 books/short stories.
2012 final comments: I blew past my goal in October this year, almost a month faster than last year. There are a couple reasons, first is that I was a little more consistent in my reading, I had much less variation than last year. The second reason is that I was re-reading much more than 2011. With this in mind, I will plan on increasing my reading goal for 2013, but only to the level of 2011 since I don't plan on re-reading nearly as much in 2013 as I did this year (64% of the pages I read were re-reads vs 17% in 2011).
The List (in order of date finished):
Books in progress at the end of the year:
My final monthly reading stats and projections:
See this post for how to create your own Google Docs Reading Tracking spreadsheet, and the instructions for how to post a graph from Google Docs.
Edit: Removed TBR goal (reduce it) - my TBR list contains almost all free books, so I am just being slightly more picky about which ones I grab rather than worrying about it.
Last edited by Dazrin; 12-31-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Edited book list
|12-17-2011, 06:46 PM||#18|
Join Date: Jul 2011
HomeInMyShoes 2012 Reading Challenge - The Lazy Dog
-- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z --
-- 19-C 1900 1910 1920 1930 1940 1950
1960 1970 1980 1990 2000 2010 --
A new year and a new challenge. I started out thinking I needed to read more variety so I’d read at least one book from every decade since 1900. That seemed a little thin even for me who usually only reads twenty books a year. Then I thought about reading a pangram of author names and calling it The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over the Lazy Dog challenge or just The Lazy Dog Challenge. I switched it up from the pangram to just read a book by an author whose last name begins with ‘?’ for every letter of the alphabet. So there it is.
The books that are larger in the list are my top picks from the list. Books that I would highly recommend to others.
Required Books Remaining:
The Books Read in 2012 List:
Rating and Abbreviation Guide
Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 12-31-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Update the lists
|12-17-2011, 06:46 PM||#19|
Man Who Knew Infinity
Join Date: Mar 2009
Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Goal: Reduce TBR to 50 and read MR Book Clubs books
My goals for 2012:
Priority book list (read/to read): 0/124
MR Book Club (read/total): 0/0
MR Literary Book Club (read/total): 0/0
Local library afternoon book club: 0/11
Local library evening book club: 0/11
Goals explained here.
Last edited by Hamlet53; 01-01-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added title
|12-17-2011, 07:23 PM||#20|
take me to church
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: ipad mini & sony 950
By completion date:
★★☆☆☆ 1) Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse, 260 pp.
★★★★★ 2) Leaves of Grass First Edition by Walt Whitman, 195 pp.
★★★★★ 3) Leaves of Grass Deathbed Edition by Walt Whitman, 304 pp.
★★★★☆ 4) Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald, 347 pp.
★★★★☆ 5) The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro, 167 pp.
★★☆☆☆ 6) Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane, 232 pp.
★★★☆☆ 7) Turn, Magic Wheel by Dawn Powell, 209 pp.
★★★☆☆ 8) The Princess Bride by William Goldman, 276 pp.
★★★☆☆ 9) The Lady, or the Tiger? by Frank R. Stockton, 8 pp.
★★☆☆☆ 10) The Discourager of Hesitancy by Frank R. Stockton, 5 pp.
★★★★☆ 11) The Iliad of Homer translated by Richard Lattimore, 605 pp.
★★★★☆ 12) A Companion to the Iliad by Malcolm M. Willcock, 287 pp.
★★★☆☆ 13) The Eternal Husband and Other Stories by Fyodor Dostoevsky, 260 pp.
★★★★☆ 14) A Room with a View by E. M. Forster, 207 pp.
★★☆☆☆ 15) A View without a Room by E. M. Forster, 2 pp.
★★★☆☆ 16) Sylvie and Bruno Complete by Lewis Carroll, 407 pp.
★★★☆☆ 17) A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, 847 pp.
★★★☆☆ 18) Homer's Odyssey, A Companion by Peter Jones, 237 pp.
★★★★☆ 19) The Odyssey of Homer translated by Richard Lattimore, 409 pp.
★☆☆☆☆ 20) Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, 245 pp.
★★☆☆☆ 21) Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey, 476 pp.
★★★☆☆ 22) My Old Man by Ernest Hemingway, 13 pp.
★★★☆☆ 23) Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez, 307 pp.
★★★★★ 24) Middlemarch by George Eliot, 830 pp.
★★★☆☆ 25) Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, 408 pp.
★★☆☆☆ 26) Phantasmagoria and Other Poems by Lewis Carroll, 58 pp.
★★★☆☆ 27) The Annotated Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll, Martin Gardner, 138 pp.
★★★★☆ 28) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, 259 pp.
★★★☆☆ 29) A Thousand Miles Up the Nile by Amelia Edwards, 475 pp.
★★★☆☆ 30) Black Swan Green by David Mitchell, 588 pp.
★★★☆☆ 31) Aeneid by Virgil, translated by Frederick Ahl, 537 pp.
★★★★☆ 32) The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling, 495 pp.
★★☆☆☆ 33) Arms and the Man by George Bernard Shaw, 55 pp.
★★★☆☆ 34) Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu, 87 pp.
★★★★☆ 35) A Tangled Tale by Lewis Carroll, 100 pp.
★★★☆☆ 36) The Game of Logic by Lewis Carroll, 38 pp.
★★★★★ 37) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, 1070 pp.
★★★★☆ 38) The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss, 1096 pp.
★★★★☆ 39) Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, 430 pp.
★★★☆☆ 40) We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, 215 pp.
My goal is to read 13,000 pages, divided into 50 trackable sections of 260 pages each, including 13 pre-selected books and all 2012 MR book club selections that I haven't already read.
Last edited by sun surfer; 12-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.
|12-17-2011, 07:59 PM||#21|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: KF 1st gen, KF6, KF phone, Android phone
Goal: 52 books
A place to keep track of the books I read in 2012. I'd like to reach 52, a book a week.
1. 1/1/2012 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Print Length: 350 pages) When I sat down to start to read, I had no intention of finishing the book in one day. Yet, I found the story-telling compelling enough that's exactly what happened.
2. 1/4/2012 - Airman by Eoin Colfer (Print Length: 417 pages)
3. 1/8/2012 - Shop Till You Drop: A Dead-End Job Mystery by Elaine Viets (Print Length: 292 pages)
4. 1/20/2012 - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Print Length: 396 pages)
5. 1/22/2012 - Murder Between the Covers by Elaine Viets (Print Length: 292 pages)
6. 2/12/2012 - The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (Print Length:290 pages)
7. 2/15/2012 - Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich - audiobook & a re-read
sometime in March and April (neglected to log at the time I finished them)-
8. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien - audiobook & a re-read
9. To the Nines by Janet Evanovich - audiobook & a re-read
10. Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich - audiobook & a re-read
11. Dying To Call You: A Dead-End Job Mystery by Elaine Viets (Print Length: 288 pages)
12. The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (Print Length: 322 pages)
13. 5/02/2012 -Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich - audiobook & a re-read
14. Doomsday Book by Connie Willis - audiobook
15. To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis - audiobook
16. State of the Onion (White House Chef Mysteries, No. 1) by Julie Hyzy
17. The Robots of Dawn by Isaac Asimov - audiobook
18. The Leper of St. Giles by Ellis Peters - audiobook
19. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King - audiobook
20. A Monstrous Regiment of Women: A Novel of Suspense Featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes by Laurie R. King - audiobook
21. 10/05/2012 - A Letter of Mary by Laurie R. King - audiobook
[10/7/2012 - just added the titles I've finished in the last few months, since I didn't log as I went, I may have missed a couple. Mostly audiobooks recently. Won't get anywhere near 52 for the year, but that's OK. I'm really enjoying the Laurie R. King books, adding her to my favorite authors list for sure]
I'm also going to list some of the more notable self-help, diet and health books I "read". I almost never read these from cover to cover. I skim and read what appear to be the more interesting chapters. I'm not counting them towards my "challenge" total.
The Belly Fat Cure Fast Track - Jorge Cruise
Last edited by Alohamora; 10-07-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: updating the list
|12-17-2011, 08:03 PM||#22|
Join Date: Jan 2011
Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7, Kobo glo
My 2012 challenge - read a list of nominated books
My overall challenge for 2012 is to read 75 books. Although I exceeded 100 in 2011, it was at the cost of various diversions such as short stories and magazines, and a lot of radio shows. So I'm reducing the number to allow for these various peccadilloes.
Within the 75, I have named a number of books I want to read (for various reasons - see below), and on top of this I will be attempting to read at least 6 of the Mobileread Book Club challenges (including the Romance choice, just to force me to read from a genre wild horses would not normally drag me to, and the Classics, which are woefully missing from my named list). I also want to clear my bedside table draw of a few lingering dead tree books, which have been appended to my list below.
So in summary:
Read 6 from the MR Book Club choices (Achieved 6 of 6)
Read all of the 30 named books on my list (18 down, 12 to go)
Read 75 books in total (65 down, 10 to go)
11/22/63 - Stephen King (been listening to this since November 2011, and should finish it by the end of January, I hope). - Read
Black Rain - Masuji Ibuse (January 2012 MR Book Club choice). - Read
Transition - Iain M. Banks (first eBook I bought after acquiring my Kindle. Must get round to finally reading it).
Antigone - Sophocles (my first born was named after this Greek tragic heroine, so I ought to get round to reading the play). - Read.
Rain Fall - Barry Eisler (recommended by an MR member - can't remember who). - Read
Survival Of The Fittest - Jonathan Kellerman (I think I missed this one somehow, so need to catch up as I've read all the other Alex Delaware books). - Read
The New York Trilogy - Paul Auster (have wanted to read this for a while).
1Q84 (books I and II) - Haruki Murakami (2011 MR Book Choice that I haven't yet caught up on).
Shikasta - Doris Lessing (Desertblues has convinced me to give Lessing a try).
Rabbit, Run - John Updike (just feel like I should read an Updike, and the Rabbit series (#3) is in the 1001 must read books list).
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote (a classic of its genre). - Read
Heaven's Prisoners - James Lee Burke (will keep going with the Dave Robicheaux series, having started it in 2011).
Nightmare in Pink - John D. MacDonald (I enjoyed the first in the series, so will carry this on for a while and see where it goes).
Soft Target - Stephen Hunter (have read all the swagger books - no reason to stop now ) - Read
Swan Song - Robert R. McCammon (audiobook. I loved "Boys Life" and "Fevre Dream", and have promised myself that I would return to this author). Read/Listened to
The Five - Robert R. McCammon (audiobook). Read/Listened to
Blood Count - Robert Goddard (audiobook. I have read all of his books to date, apart from this one). - Read/listened to
Fool Moon - Jim Butcher (wasn't that impressed with the first in the Dresden series, but as people say it improves I'll give #2 & #3 a go, and then decide whether to complete the series). - Read
Grave Peril - Jim Butcher (I'll decide after this one whether to carry on with the series).
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman (seems to be a popular choice with MR readers). - Read
Robert B. Parker's Lullaby - Ace Atkins (due for release in May 2012). - Read
The Cold Kiss - John Rector (recommended by an MR member - can't remember who).
Taken - Robert Crais (I'm a big fan of this series - due for release in January 2012). - Read
Terror's Reach - Tom Bale (apparently if you like the Jack Reacher books, you'll like this - suckered in by marketing once again). Read/Listened to
Artists in Crime - Ngaio Marsh (recommended by HarryT).
The Serialist - David Gordon (suggested by Dr. Drib).
The Book With No Name - Anonymous (DTB gift). - Read
Nine Dragons - Michael Connelly (DTB).
All the Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy (DTB which I've had for ever, and given my enjoyment of The Road and No Country for Old Men, one I really should read).
Viper - Michael Morley (my first eBook library loan - will have to bump it up the list to read within 21 days ) - Read
Last edited by orlok; 11-13-2012 at 01:38 PM.
|12-17-2011, 11:56 PM||#23|
It's about the umbrella
Join Date: Jan 2009
Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Goal: To not purchase any books for the first 6 months and to reduce my TBR piles.
My full goals here and additonal goal here.
Stories I only Tell My Friends (Autobiography) by Robb Lowe - Dec 2011 - free - Audible ♥ ♥ ♥★
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde performed by L. A. Theatre Works - April 2012 - free - Audible ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★
Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye: Psychic Eye Mysteries by Victoria Lane - April 2012 - free - Audible ♥ ♥ ♥ ★
Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen - January 2012 - free - Audible ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★
What Would Macgyver Do?: True Stories of Improvised Genius in Everyday Life by Brendan Vaughanposted - April 2012 - free - Tantor
Valentine Wedding Dress by Sheryl Woods - May 2012 - free - Audible
The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery by Bill Pronzini - April 2012 - free - Audible
Come Toy with Me by Cara Summers - Dec 2009 - free - Audible
METAtropolis by Jay Lake, Tobias Buckell, Elizabeth Bear, John Scalzi, Karl Schroeder - Jan 2012 - free - Audible
A Hunger for the Infinite (Unabridged) by Gregory Benford / Narrator: Robin Sachs - May 2012 - free - Audible
VANISHING ACT - Book 1 in the Jane Whitefield series By Thomas Perry: Narrated by Joyce Bean - April 2012 - free - Tantor audiobooks ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★
Playing for Keeps by Mur Lafferty - podiobook
The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch: Narrated by Dan Bittner (Scholastic) - June 2012 - free - audiobooksync ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck performed by the L.A. Theatre Works - June 2012 - free - Audible ♥ ♥ ♥ ★
Mr. Penumbra’s Twenty-Four-Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan - Dec 2011 - free - Escape Pod ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★
Random Picks of large TBR pile
The Hunger Games by Suzane Collins - years ago - reread - pbook $ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ★
The Burglar in the Library by Lawrence Block - pbook - reread ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ★
The Window at the White Cat by Mary Roberts Rinehart - Oct 2012 - free - ♥ ♥ ♥
The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith - MobileRead Patricia Clark Memorial Library - free ♥ ♥ ♥
The Frog Prince by Elle Lothlorien - May 2012 - free ♥ ♥ ♥ ★
Witch Way (Part One) (The Mystic Series) by Heidi Hall - March 2012 - free ♥ ♥ ♥
Old Man Scratch by Rio Youers - October 2012 - free ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
By Maria E Schneider
By Simon Haynes
By Stephanie Bond (aka Stephanie Bancroft)
The Sneezing Christmas Tree by Aaron Kerr - Dec 2012 - free ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★ highly enjoyed
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥★ enjoyed
♥ ♥ ♥★ OK
♥ ♥★ did not like
♥★ not interesting/didn't finish/deleted
Last edited by dreams; 02-06-2014 at 05:08 PM.
|12-18-2011, 10:51 AM||#24|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Goal: 35 books, 50% Canadian Literature
I read 30 books this year (well, that will likely be 31 or 32 by the time the calendar changes over). I think next year's goal will be to hit 35, 50% of which will be Canadian Literature.
Last edited by pdurrant; 12-19-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added title
|12-18-2011, 02:07 PM||#25|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, Nexus 7
One book a week
My goal as of now is to read one book a week in 2012, or ~52 books total.
From others' posts, I might come up with a more specific goal as well.
Edit to add: I'm going to make it my goal to post one book a month here to the MR library, preferably epub.
Last edited by banjobama; 01-19-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Update
|12-18-2011, 10:35 PM||#26|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T1
Goal: To keep a record of all the books I finish in 2012 (not including rereads)
1. Lightspeed Magazine #9 (Feb 2011) (ebook)
2. Lightspeed Magazine #10 (Mar 2011) (ebook)
3. Lightspeed Magazine #11 (Apr 2011) (ebook)
4. Lightspeed Magazine #12 (May 2011) (ebook)
5. Lightspeed Magazine #13 (Jun 2011) (ebook)
6. Fantasy Magazine #48 (Mar 2011) (ebook)
7. Fantasy Magazine #49 (Apr 2011) (ebook)
8. Fantasy Magazine #50 (May 2011) (ebook)
9. Fantasy Magazine #51 (Jun 2011) (ebook)
10. Clarkesworld Magazine #54 (Mar 2011) (ebook)
11. Analog Magazine (Jan/Feb 2012) (paper book)
12. Across The Universe (Across The Universe Trilogy #1) by Beth Revis (paper book)
13. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (paper book)
14. The Wisdom of Dead Men (Wildenstern Saga #2) by Oisín McGann (paper book)
15. Embassytown by China Miéville (paper book)
16. Night Walk by Bob Shaw (paper book)
17. Dangerous Waters (The Hadrumal Crisis #1) by Juliet E. McKenna (ebook)
18. Irons in the Fire (Lescari Revolution #1) by Juliet E. McKenna (ebook)
19. Armageddon: The Musical (Armageddon Trilogy #1) by Robert Rankin (paper book)
20. The 2012 Octocon Anthology (ebook)
21. The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers (paper book)
22. Among Others by Jo Walton (paper book)
23. Beauty by Robin McKinley (paper book)
24. Nine Layers of Sky by Liz Williams (paper book)
25. The Mist by Stephen King (paper book)
26. Uncharted Territory by Connie Willis (paper book)
27. Taken At The Flood by Agatha Christie (paper book)
28. The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett (paper book)
29. Survivors by Terry Nation (paper book)
30. Servant of the Underworld by Aliette de Bodard (ebook)
31. The 2012 Nebula Award Short Story Nominees (ebook)
32. The Ragged Astronauts (Land and Overland Trilogy #1) by Bob Shaw (paper book)
33. A Shadow in Summer (Long Price Quartet #1) by Daniel Abraham (ebook)
34. Fledgling by Octavia Butler (ebook)
35. Fool's War by Sarah Zettel (ebook)
36. Empire of Bones by Liz Williams (ebook)
37. The Ant King and Other Stories by Benjamin Rosenbaum (ebook)
38. They Came to Baghdad by Agatha Christie (paper book)
39. Hugo Award 2012 Novelette Nominees (ebook)
40. A Dreamer's Tales by Lord Dunsany (ebook)
41. A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie (paper book)
42. Ordeal by Innocence by Agatha Christie (paper book)
43. The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (ebook)
44. Heart of Iron by Ekaterina Sedia (ebook)
45. The Poison Belt by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (ebook)
46. Worldsoul (Worldsoul Trilogy #1) by Liz Williams (ebook)
47. The Innocence of Father Brown by G. K. Chesterton (ebook)
48. Governor Ramage, R.N. (Ramage #4) by Dudley Pope (paper book)
49. Into The Grey by Celine Keirnan (paper book)
50. Redshirts by John Scalzi (paper book)
51. Ringworld by Larry Niven (paper book)
52. Lud-In-The-Mist by Hope Mirrlees (paper book)
53. Who Goes Here? (Warren Peace, #1) by Bob Shaw (paper book)
54. The Monkey's Wedding And Other Stories by Joan Aiken (paper book)
55. Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine June 2010 (ebook)
56. Tides From the New Worlds by Tobias Buckell (ebook)
57. A Collection of Mystery Stories published by Hamlyn (paper book)
58. Valentina by Kevin McDermot (paper book)
Last edited by Hatgirl; 03-13-2013 at 09:48 PM.
|12-18-2011, 10:48 PM||#27|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth AU
Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I know I won't make 100(I watch too much TV ) so I'm signing up for a book a week. So 52 books which I hope to include all of the Harry Bosch novels I've recently finished the first 2 so that leaves 13 of them.
1. The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings 3 1/2 out of 5
2. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins 4/5
3. Headhunters by Jo Nesbo 3/5
4. Dove Season by Johnny Shaw 3 1/2 out of 5
5. The Concrete Blonde(Harry Bosch 3) by Michael Conelly 4/5
Last edited by melmac; 02-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
|12-19-2011, 09:54 AM||#29|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Goal: To Read 150 Books and to Reduce TBR
1. To read at least 150 books this year (I upped it from 100).
2. Expand my reading by reading as many of the classics as I can. (I've started that late this year with David Copperfield and The Three Musketeers)
3. Reduce my TBR list on Goodreads
Will add more as I think of them.
Last edited by jersysman; 12-27-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Adding my goals for 2012 - Edited title to be more specific
|12-19-2011, 12:22 PM||#30|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast Michigan, USA
Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone 5, Sony T1, NOOK HD+
Goal: None (Using last year's total -- 80 -- as a benchmark)
Katie's 2012 Reading List
1. Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters
2. Still Life With Murder by P.B. Ryan
3. White Seed: The Untold Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke by Paul Clayton
4. Gemini Moon by Elysa Hendricks
5. Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
6. Emergency: Wife Lost and Found by Carol Marinelli
7. D'Artagnan Romances, Vol 3 (The Vicomte de Bragelonne, parts 1-2) by Alexandre Dumas
8. The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters
9. World from Rough Stones by Malcolm Macdonald
10. Murder in a Mill Town by P.B. Ryan
11. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
12. D'Artagnan Romances, Vol 4 (The Vicomte de Bragelonne, parts 3-4) by Alexandre Dumas
13. Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate by Kelly Hunter
14. Thin Blood by Vicki Tyley
15. Alice At Heart by Deborah Smith
16. Sweet Baklava by Debby Mayne
17. The Mummy Case by Elizabeth Peters
18. Five Weeks in a Balloon by Jules Verne
19. Jerome and the Seraph by Robina Williams
20. The Fox by Arlene Radasky
21. Death on Beacon Hill by P.B. Ryan
22. A Journey to the Interior of the Earth by Jules Verne
23. Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell
24. Grave Illusions by Lina Gardiner
25. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
26. The Bride's Baby by Liz Fielding
27. The Young Step-Mother by Charlotte Yonge
28. Lion in the Valley by Elizabeth Peters
29. Murder on Black Friday by P.B. Ryan
30. Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
31. Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives by Richard Swenson
32. The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
33. Eye Of The Storm by Monette Michaels
34. Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers
35. Cover Me by Catherine Mann
36. Skipped Parts by Tim Sandlin
37. Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters
38. Murder in the North End by P.B. Ryan
39. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
40. A Governor's Story: The Fight for Jobs and America's Economic Future by Jennifer Granholm, Dan Mulhern
41. The Valley of Decision by Edith Wharton
42. Xenolith by A. Sparrow
43. The Sword by Bryan M. Litfin
44. The Last Camel Died at Noon by Elizabeth Peters
45. Wings with Bonus Material by Aprilynne Pike
46. A Bucket of Ashes by P.B. Ryan
47. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
48. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
49. 13 Little Blue Envelopes with Bonus Material by Maureen Johnson
50. Lady Susan by Jane Austen
51. Almost Perfect by Julie Ortolon
52. Their Newborn Gift by Nikki Logan
53. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
54. Peregrin by A. Sparrow
55. The Snake, the Crocodile, and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters
56. The Heart of Memory: A Novel by Alison Strobel
57. Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason
58. Darkship Thieves by Sarah Hoyt
59. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
60. Twenty-Five Years Ago Today by Stacy Juba
61. Sparks Fly by Lucy Kevin
62. Club Dead
63. Prime Obsession by Monette Michaels
64. Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella
65. On Basilisk Station by David Weber
66. Midnight Cowboy by James Leo Herlihy
67. The Honor of the Queen by David Weber
68. The Losing Role by Steve Anderson
69. The Hippopotamus Pool by Elizabeth Peters
70. Heat by Richard Castle
71. Photographs & Phantoms by Cindy Spencer Pape
72. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
73. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
74. The Last Key by Rob Steiner
75. The Short Victorious War by David Weber
76. Hot Zone by Catherine Mann
77. Donovan’s Angel by Peggy Webb
78. Field of Dishonor by David Weber
79. Seeing a Large Cat by Elizabeth Peters
80. Flag in Exile by David Weber
81. Shrouded in Silence by Robert Wise
82. Heat Rises by Richard Castle
Phone: Never Buried by Edie Claire
Home (Sony): Honor Among Enemies by David Weber
Lunch (Sony): Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
Last edited by sakura-panda; 11-09-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Updated List
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The 2012 Annual Reading Challenge - Discussion Thread!||Nyssa||Reading Recommendations||779||01-03-2013 09:40 PM|
|Free SF/Fantasy January 2012 WebScription Gift Thread||Ajax||Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)||143||12-04-2012 05:30 PM|
|My next reading challenge||ficbot||Reading Recommendations||7||08-01-2009 06:38 AM|
|Unutterably Silly The First Somewhat Annual Mobile Read Holiday Letter Thread||pshrynk||Lounge||3||12-04-2008 08:54 PM|