Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #106
Sharkus
Addict
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sharkus's Avatar
 
Posts: 370
Karma: 2100300
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Device: Kobo, Kobo WiFi, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura, Kobo iOS Application
Weird, maybe there is some bug with it. What iOS version, Kobo app version, and exact device type are you running? Also, could you post a link to where you got that book from, maybe we're not picking it up for that book for some reason.

As for the other awards, just heard back that, at present, they were for 2010 only, so you cannot gain them at present.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #107
TurtleTots
Member
TurtleTots began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 19
Karma: 24
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Weird, maybe there is some bug with it. What iOS version, Kobo app version, and exact device type are you running? Also, could you post a link to where you got that book from, maybe we're not picking it up for that book for some reason.

As for the other awards, just heard back that, at present, they were for 2010 only, so you cannot gain them at present.

guessing its a bug I have iPhone 4 ios version 4.3.5, and i downloaded the app version is 5.0.1


the book I have a read 4 times is this one: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17135

I know it's short, but my daughter likes it lol
I have finished 3 other books that I got from epub.com, the stats say that I have finished 4 books, so I'm guessing that they qualify???

As for the awards thanks! I hope that there will be holiday ones this year
thanks!

Last edited by TurtleTots; 12-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #108
Sharkus
Addict
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sharkus's Avatar
 
Posts: 370
Karma: 2100300
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Device: Kobo, Kobo WiFi, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura, Kobo iOS Application
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
guessing its a bug I have iPhone 4 ios version 4.3.5, and i downloaded the app version is 5.0.1


the book I have a read 4 times is this one: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17135

I know it's short, but my daughter likes it lol
I have finished 3 other books that I got from epub.com, the stats say that I have finished 4 books, so I'm guessing that they qualify???

As for the awards thanks! I hope that there will be holiday ones this year
thanks!
Thanks for the link. I'll try and have a look when I've got some spare time.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #109
Mebooklover
Junior Member
Mebooklover began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 12
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by verano View Post
Freebie Kobo Award!!!

Great news for anyone wanting to add on another 'secret' award- you can get the "Dead Reckoning" award without having to buy a book.

Search for the Sookie Stackhouse book 'dead reckoning', and then just download (and 'read') the free preview (I did it on my ipad 2, not sure if it works across all devices) and you get the award.

Whew, saved from having to read actual vampire books just so I can methodically (and crazily) collect all awards! lol
Thanks Verano!

I tried it both on my Kobo Vox and my Android smartphone but I couldn't get the award in either device.

Then again it's nothing new since my devices cannot seem to unlock a lot of awards. When I wrote to Kobo about it they gave me some nonsensical advice that doesn't work.
Mebooklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #110
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 76
Karma: 162678
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebooklover View Post
Thanks Verano!

I tried it both on my Kobo Vox and my Android smartphone but I couldn't get the award in either device.

Then again it's nothing new since my devices cannot seem to unlock a lot of awards. When I wrote to Kobo about it they gave me some nonsensical advice that doesn't work.
The Sookie Stackhouse awards are currently only available for the iOS app, though they shouldn't be able to be earned with a preview anyways…
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #111
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 32
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
The Sookie Stackhouse awards are currently only available for the iOS app, though they shouldn't be able to be earned with a preview anyways…
Dead Reckoning activates with the preview, but the others don't.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #112
Mebooklover
Junior Member
Mebooklover began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 12
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
The Sookie Stackhouse awards are currently only available for the iOS app, though they shouldn't be able to be earned with a preview anyways…
It seems there are quite a few awards only available on the iOS app that you can't get on Kobo Touch, Vox or even android. I was missing some awards and wrote to Kobo and was told that the awards that I was missing weren't available on my device.

Does anyone know whether there are awards specific to Kobo Touch, Vox, android, that you can't get on iOS? I am curious whether Kobo planned to have awards distributed in a device specific way.
Mebooklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #113
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
Posts: 76
Karma: 162678
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebooklover View Post
It seems there are quite a few awards only available on the iOS app that you can't get on Kobo Touch, Vox or even android. I was missing some awards and wrote to Kobo and was told that the awards that I was missing weren't available on my device.

Does anyone know whether there are awards specific to Kobo Touch, Vox, android, that you can't get on iOS? I am curious whether Kobo planned to have awards distributed in a device specific way.
A full list of which awards are available on which platforms was posted earlier in this thread http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=92

I believe the only award not available on iOS is a new Vox-specific award tied to fixed layout ePubs, eReading Rainbow.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #114
Mebooklover
Junior Member
Mebooklover began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 12
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
A full list of which awards are available on which platforms was posted earlier in this thread http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=92

I believe the only award not available on iOS is a new Vox-specific award tied to fixed layout ePubs, eReading Rainbow.
OMG, you know I looked at that list and totally forgot about it about five seconds after I looked at it. Thanks for pointing it out to me again I will have a closer look at what my award earning potential is.
Mebooklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #115
TurtleTots
Member
TurtleTots began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 19
Karma: 24
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: iphone
OK people, the strangest thing is happening to my 'all you can eat' award. I completed the award on Dec 3rd. and the 2 days ago, it told me I only had 80%. I was looking at my awards tonight (I got the twain award ) and now it says I have 50%!?!?!?!?!?! WTF???????
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #116
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 32
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
OK people, the strangest thing is happening to my 'all you can eat' award. I completed the award on Dec 3rd. and the 2 days ago, it told me I only had 80%. I was looking at my awards tonight (I got the twain award ) and now it says I have 50%!?!?!?!?!?! WTF???????
I think if you delete books and you go below 40 total in your library, it removes some of your progress.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #117
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 373
Karma: 3646106
Join Date: Aug 2011
Device: Kobo
I have all the awards on the KT. Have I finished, or will more awards be added?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #118
verano
Member
verano began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 16
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
I have all the awards on the KT. Have I finished, or will more awards be added?

I would also love, love, LOVE to see new awards made (for any/all systems).
verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #119
TurtleTots
Member
TurtleTots began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 19
Karma: 24
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
I think if you delete books and you go below 40 total in your library, it removes some of your progress.
thanks but, I haven't removed any books and once you earn the award you shouldn't loose it. It just doesn't make sense to me lol
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #120
Sharkus
Addict
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Sharkus's Avatar
 
Posts: 370
Karma: 2100300
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Device: Kobo, Kobo WiFi, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura, Kobo iOS Application
If the award was earn and was successfully synced to the server then you should not lose it, unless something went awry when it tried to save it up to the server.

Is this Kobo Touch or iOS where you are seeing the problem?
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awards, reading life, touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Touch KOBO Touch reading advice welcome polli Kobo Reader 27 11-19-2011 03:39 PM
Touch Reading RTF files on Kobo Touch El Nino Brian Kobo Reader 1 10-06-2011 08:16 AM
Reading Life Awards RasAlhague Kobo Reader 1 07-29-2011 10:43 AM
Touch Reading Life Page on Touch Joywalker Kobo Reader 14 07-05-2011 04:05 PM
Touch Does Reading Life work with non-Kobo books? Keslynn Kobo Reader 4 07-04-2011 01:03 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.