Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
lordshell
Writer/Artist
lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nook, Kindle
lulu.com rejected for conversion software link

Hey,

I've converted my RTF novel over to an epub via Calibre and then edited it via Sigil for lulu.com. I've had to do several revisions because of various problems. I've fixed all of them, except for one, which baffles me.

The rejections have said: Your eBook (cover, description or content) cannot contain links to other sites, products or upsell of other items. Conversion software links are not acceptable.

I have no idea what they're talking about. It sounds like there's a link to Calibre in there somewhere. But I can't find a one. I don't use the default Calibre cover and I certainly never put a link of my own in there. My frustration level is getting critical, so anyone with useful suggestions would be a godsend.

-lordshell
lordshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm guessing they are complaining about the "book producer" field in the metadata. If so, they need to be taken out and summarily shot.

Open up the opf inside your epub and look for a line that look likes this

<dc:contributor opf:role="bkp">calibre (0.8.16) [http://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>

remove it and see if it makes them happy. And if it does, tell them from me, that they're morons.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
lordshell
Writer/Artist
lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.lordshell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thank you. If this works, I will kiss your feet.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
lordshell
Writer/Artist

Arrrrgh! I just got rejected again, for the exact same reason! (beats head into wall)
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
lordshell
Writer/Artist

Any chance I did something stupid when I converted it that would give this result? Maybe if I try it with your 0.8.18? (grasps at straws)
Old 09-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're going to need more details from them, like the actual name/link that they have a problem with.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
lordshell
Writer/Artist

I'm trying but they move like pond water.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
lordshell
Writer/Artist

In case I forget, thank you very much for taking the time to help.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
Charlesh
Charlesh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Same problem....

But is it really a problem.

Lulu seems to include that reason only when there is something else wrong. I got epubs accepted with that link when there are no other problems. But if there is another problem then the link is listed as well.
Charlesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well they need to tell us what the actual problem is, we aren't mind readers
Old 09-16-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
lordshell
Writer/Artist

Apparently it finally worked, since the book got listed on iBooks, although it's still pending on the Nook. Mr. tech support (such as it is) said that the files were good now. Don't know why they rejected it after I took out the line of code, unless they thought it was the exact same file and never looked. (shrugs) Hopefully the problems are over. (crosses fingers)
Old 12-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
dezignlady
Enthusiast
dezignlady began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am having this same issue with a clients workbook, but do not see anything like this in the content.opf. The ePub validates thru Three Press and Sigil what the heck am I looking for. It would me nice if Lulu response was a bit more specific.
dezignlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, lulu.com, rejection