Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Autorotate off still rotates?

I tried reading in bed, but even though I changed settings / display / auto-rotate screen OFF the book I'm reading (from the Kobo home screen) still rotates, making it unusable.

I cant't find a Kobo-specific setting. Am I missing something?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you turn the Vox off and then on again after the setting change?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
keithmoonkin
keithmoonkin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
This is happening to my vox as well.
keithmoonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I actually did turn it right off overnight. Still the same this morning.

Does yours not go to landscape mode when you turn it sideways with auto-rotate off?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, it does--it was just a thought. I then tried it. Backwards, I know.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
I don't have this problem. When I turn it off, it don't rotate anymore.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
dmacmart
Fanatic

I tried other apps (Kindle, Opera) and they do respect the autorotate off. However the Kobo app as well as opening the book for the home screen still rotate.

@spikexp did you have a Kobo book open when you tried it?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I hate to admit it, but I am still reading almost entirely on my Touch. I have been sick in bed for a few days, and I am using the Vox for all sorts of things (like writing this post), but reading on the Touch. I find the Vox too heavy for prolonged reading and I really do prefer eINK.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
dmacmart
Fanatic

I would still use my KW for pretty much all reading but my clipon light is getting low battery so I tried te Vox; not good sideways - hope that gets fixed.

Feel better soon taming.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The Autorotate off in the main Settings app is mostly for the launcher - other apps are free to ignore it, if they've got a built in lock (like Perfect Viewer). I've yet to find a setting in the Kobo app for they, though... so I turned off two-page reading instead.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
Me too. I'm using alkido now and still using my kindle2 until I get a case for my vox since I'm afraid to break it without one! (yeah, I'm a klutz!)
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

It drives me crazy the way the screen rotates when I'm trying to read..it is so irritating.
I locked this on my ipad but I can't seem to do it on my Vox. You would think they would make this easy to do.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
eksdee
eksdee began at the beginning.

Kobo developers definitely need to add this to the settings in the kobo application
eksdee is offline   Reply With Quote