Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
jana_leigh14
jana_leigh14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Best Interactive Children's books

What are the best interactive children's books for the kobo vox?
jana_leigh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Great question...i'd like to know the answer to that too. I bought a couple for my Vox already, but they were just okay. At $15 a pop, that is a pretty expensive venture...esp. since they will not be playable on other devices...or even your PC!

If you have a girl, try the Olivia books...they would probably be good. They are audiobooks that read along. I only saw a few true interactive books...i remember the dork diaries being one of them.

There is a kids application through your library that will let you download interactive books to your PC,but nothing for our Vox yet. My library has an awful selection of kids picture books, but I did find a couple that were okay.

Good luck...and let me know if you find any you like!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
pokee--did you try the ones at the Calgary library that are available to everyone (no card or app needed) for streaming? http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/a...umblebooks.asp

I think I posted the link earlier.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Have they done Bembo's Zoo as an app yet?

http://www.bemboszoo.com

(mute your speakers if you're at work or somewhere animal noises would be an issue)
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post

If you have a girl, try the Olivia books...

Thanks Pokee..now I'll have the damned theme song in my head all day... *Grumble*
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
Thanks Pokee..now I'll have the damned theme song in my head all day... *Grumble*
Darnit! Now you've just gone and done it to me!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
pokee--did you try the ones at the Calgary library that are available to everyone (no card or app needed) for streaming? http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/a...umblebooks.asp

I think I posted the link earlier.
Oooooh, I thought you'd posted this link to download books from - and I responded that you could only view them on your PC (our library has this available, too). I didn't realize that you were suggesting to read them while streaming! Were you able to access it yourself okay on the Vox? If so, I'll give that a try tonight!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Yes, I was.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
jana_leigh14
jana_leigh14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Nook from barnes and noble has tons of interactive children's books. i downloaded the nook app, but when i went to download one of the interactive books it said it will only work on nook color and ipad. Do you think it will work for us? I don't want to spend 13.99$ to find it won't work. Maybe Kobo will come out with some soon?
jana_leigh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #10
pokee
Fanatic

Kobo has some Jana...just not very many. I don't think the b&n books will work. The Vox only books don't work on ipad so I have a feeling it works the other way around, too. Although, I would love to be corrected if I am wrong!