Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Angrandir
Angrandir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-Fi, Nook STR
Soho Covers for Nook - Country of Origin?

I am not happy with the fact of my very first post being a request, but this is rather urgent (I need to have a reply within 5 days), hopefully I'll be useful to someone else in the future.

I live outside of the USA (Czech Republic) and recently ordered Nook Touch + Soho cover (this one - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/soho...ition/22388476).

Now I need to fill out some customs related forms for FedEx so they can proceed with clearance process and deliver the package to me (I cannot check the content myself). In addition to item description they also require „country of origin“ information for every item.

After some googling I am convinced that Nook itself is made/assembled in China (if not, please correct me), but I am totally clueless about the cover. Maybe it is made in China too, but it could easily come from Vietnam, Malaysia or anywhere else.

Don't you own this particular cover so you could let me know?
Angrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Others (sold/gifted), iPad Air; Kindle PW2,Voyage; Xperia Z Ultra
I've purchased 3 NOOK covers from Barnes and Noble and they're all made in China. I kept the packaging and just now looked at them to confirm. I would go with that.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Angrandir

Thank you very much, really appreciated. Sending the documents right away.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Others (sold/gifted), iPad Air; Kindle PW2,Voyage; Xperia Z Ultra
You're welcome.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Also, I believe the Nook Touch is made in Taiwan or the Republic of China not the People's Republic of China. I don't know how touchy your customs guys are since, at least in English, they are both just called "China."

I just pealed the skin off the back of mine and it says "assembled in China."

Last edited by 6charlong; 11-03-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: pealed off the skin to see how it is worded
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #6
Angrandir

The guys were apparently happy with the simple China & China combination and classified it as “it shall pass!”. I expect the delivery today.

EDIT: The package just arrived and China & China it really is . Once again thank you for your help.

Last edited by Angrandir; 11-04-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: new facts emerged

Tags
cover, nook touch